what is the most annoying thing on a flight

dc1964

DIS Veteran
The thread about having children on your knees on a long haul flight made me think, what annoys people most on the flight, thought it might be fun to suggest a few.

Here is mine

Sitting waiting for the final 2 passengers to get on, where to they go, there always seems to be two who bimble on late having kept the other 300 passengers waiting.

last year we had a family in front of us on the plane with kids who were about 5, the mother insisted on putting their seats fully back, we had to ask them to put the chairs back up during dinner, but then they slammed them back while we were still eating our dinner. the kids kept standing on their chairs and staring at us. it was really annoying the woman sat next to us too.
typical attitude of "let the kids do what they want, they're on holiday"

Yikes! I predict a 200 page thread of escalating arguments over seat reclining. If you're looking for one of those, use the "search" facility - there have been plenty here in the past! :rotfl2:

One already before I'd even finished typing! I'm telling you, it'll all end in tears! ;)

i'm not against reclining the seats but you should at least have the decency to put them back up during dinner service!

just state the annoying things, not discuss the merits or otherwise....does that help. But yes the seat reclining thing is a pain.:confused:

Actaully, im not not one rant really, but I can't stand it when there are really naughty children on a flight and their parents do nothing to stop them. When we flew with Thomas Cook last year, we were in the premium cabin, sandwiched between a large family, lots of children who were literally running riot in the cabin (at one point a kid went from him seat behind us, to their friends in front of us by climbing over the top of the seats - above our heads - parents did nothing). I wouldn't mind but we made our kids sit still for the whole flight which they saw as double standards.

To make things worse, the cabin crew offered them Pringles to sit down (which worked for a few minutes) and then charged us for them when my son asked for a tub!!! Crazy!!!

:thumbsup2

Oh - the other thing that really dones my nut is when cabin crew treat people differently - the same hostess once treated a couple like the queen but hardly said two words to me!!

kids who stand on their seats (behind you) and use your seat to lever themselves up and down. They always grab and pull my hair and it drives me flinging flanging bonkers!!!! Also, darling children that kick my chair!!!!

bless the little darlings!!!!!

Seat reclining doesn't bother me - you pay for it - you can sit up and down till the cows come home for all I care!

Getting to your seat row to find all the overhead bins are full and teh only space for my small bag is 10 rows further down, then when we get off waiting to get back to my bag to retrieve it:sad1:

Sounds like Kids are a real problem on flights to Orlando, perhaps I could make a fortune by setting up an adults only airline.

For me its the boring old fart that even after i've told him its my 10th trip wants to tell me about where I can get cheap tat on the 192. I seem to attract him every year.

I find it annoying when things don't work i.e. seat earphones, tv etc. We had terrible movie service flying back last time. Only one of the tapes was working...made the flight super long!

Surly flight attendants too although they are few and far between thank goodness.

I don't mind the reclining seat thing so much although as a big girl if they don't move their seat back, I don't get to eat so believe me, when my meal comes their seat is going back to its original position :rotfl2:

Paying a fortune for your flights and finding the seat-back TV does not work.

One of my pet hates happened this trip...... couple of weeks ago on our outbound trip.

A large family dotted over two full rows a row in front of us and one of the younger adults became 'ill.' I say ill what I mean is throwing up for 7 hours because they were drunk. I had spotted them in the hotel bar knocking back the drink like there was no tomorrow before the flight. Problem is the cabin crew gave her loads of 'attention' even asking for medical professionals to help from the passengers.

I was sure we were going to get diverted or held on the plane or worse. They got off the plane first and were took away by the Paramedics. Disgusting really. Funny thing was guess who were in the airport bar on the return flight?

Sorry and I am not being snobbish but the last two years to Orlando I have been convinced I was on a Club 18-30 p*ssup flight or something. Going to WDW used to be a touch more exclusive. :(

Sounds like Kids are a real problem on flights to Orlando, perhaps I could make a fortune by setting up an adults only airline.

For me its the boring old fart that even after i've told him its my 10th trip wants to tell me about where I can get cheap tat on the 192. I seem to attract him every year.

Hello again Bobo, not seen u since the flight, did u get to the flea market:rotfl2:

When people clearly and obviously tut, sigh and generally have a go at the UC and PE passengers who get on/off first, dont have to queue to check luggage in and then get luggage off first.......:mad:

Would like to say 'Jeeeez we have saved and paid for the privilege...get over yourself' BUT.....Im too happy to be at DisneyWorld so a big beaming 'rub it in' style grin does the trick!! Oh and a bit of pixiedust:

I get REALLY annoyed when the air hostess doesn't bring me my first glass of champagne within a few minutes of boarding. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Ali :goodvibes

when you go to use the toilet and someone has 'missed' (bothers me normally as well as flightshehehehe)

GROSS

contreversial post coming...
Anyone who is discourteous in such a small space should be put in the luggage hold. do you think im trying to sleep 50cm away from a stranger for the fun of it???
last year on the way home we were sat (in the bulk head seats at our request because of our ASD child. The older couple next to us had mobility probs, so they had the other two seats. no problem. the problem was there **** of a son who keep pushing my 6 yr olds seat back up... i add this was after dinner and when the lights had gone off!!! i called the air hostess, told her he was kicking / pushing, and said if he didnt like it, could he please be moved, cause i was going to say something very loudly and vulgarly if he didnt stop it? he obvioulsy heard, cause i didnt say it quietly. he stopped it...
(This is the bit im not proud of, when he turned his light off i was soooo wound up i turned my reading light on, angled back as far as i could and listened to his dd (15ish) who had kicked my child for an hour tell her daddy she couldnt sleep cause of the light:rotfl2:
ok, it was evil, but my daughter was 5, his was old enough to know better.
This is just like confesional, hehe!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter