• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is "woods view" at VWL?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Just started on-line check in for VWL and I can select "woods view". Would that be what I would consider lake view?

I want to be on the lake side since we were on the other side last time.

Most views are of trees. A higher floor may afford you a view of the lake. Its been awhile since I have stayed there, so I dont know what the listings for room preference are. Do they have a pool view? If so, this will be more likely to see lake as there is a little clearing.

The on-line check-in box for requests is designed for cash paying quests and DVC members should instead make their requests through MS. In any event, VWL "woods view" could be essentially anywhere because the entire area is heavily wooded.

As Jimmy and Drusba indicated, almost all views at VWL are of the woods. VWL is shown in this photo (red roof) and you can see that "woods" views are really pretty much what you'll get.

I will echo what the others have already said: most any view at VWL is going to be a "woods view". That being said, I also prefer the "Lake Side" to the "Parking Lot / Bus Depot" side. You usually get a nice breeze off the lake during the day, and you should be able to hear the boat horns from the launches arriving and departing from the dock on this side of the resort.

Probably the worst view available are the few rooms at the very end of the resort corridor that have a glance at the trash pen (from what I hear, it's not "terrible" - more or less a woods view, but you still see the dumspter pen). That being said, if I had my druthers, I'd rather not see the dumspter pen.

To avoid the "dumspter view", I always request "close to the elevators", and "Bay Lake Side" so I can wake up to the sounds of the boats coming and going.

How very smart of Disney to do a "woods view" at VWL - they ought to be able to satisfy that 100% of the time! :scratchin

Sorry OP but I don't know either what exactly they are trying to designate with that request.

We had the very last room on the ground floor of the corridor. We looked out into "woods" and had the fence for the dumpster to our left. I would highly recommend that you request a high floor near the elevators. We were very disappointed with our room location at VWL.

I have a points reservation for the 1st week of February. Will they accept room requests this early or should I call closer to my check in date?

How very smart of Disney to do a "woods view" at VWL - they ought to be able to satisfy that 100% of the time! :scratchin

Sorry OP but I don't know either what exactly they are trying to designate with that request.

Unless someone says, I don't want a woods view. Anything but that.

I have a points reservation for the 1st week of February. Will they accept room requests this early or should I call closer to my check in date?

They will put in room requests whenever you wish - even if you reserved at 11 months and wanted to make it then.

Unless someone says, I don't want a woods view. Anything but that.

That would be difficult! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter