What is your #1 reason for purchasing ?

We bought because we travel to WDW 1-3 times a year and DVC provides superior accomodations for a modest price.

hi: location of bwv and to save money. we've always stayed at the deluxes on ap rates, but the rates kept going up.

We bought in 1995 because it was the only way to get on site reservations at the end of July with only three weeks notice. Of course I also realized that it would put us on track to take an annual WDW vacation.

We bought our resale in 1999 (as it turns out) in order to have enough points to take a DCL cruise on points. It worked out that our resale had all 1999 and 2000 points intact so we were able to take the money that we would have spent on a cruise and buy points so that we can cruise repeatedly. Of course, my wife holds that reasoning over my head each time that I try to convince her that we should pay cash for another cruise or to extend our stays at WDW.

We bought shortly after the birth of our first child. We did so to ensure that our vacations would continue for us and for our children. Since WDW and staying onsite was a top priority, and since this would save us tons of money over the years, we decided on DVC!

We bought because of the BWV location and being able to lock in our vacation costs at a reasonable price.

We bought because we love to stay on-site at least every other year at WDW. OKW was always attractive financially, but we always stayed at the Yacht or Beach and loved that resort. Once the Boardwalk area was built, well we loved that area even more. When DVC built BWV, we knew that it was time for us to join. Paying $2000-$3000 year in and year out for a weeks stay at the Yacht or Beach was getting to be a bit much. We are now thrilled with our purchase. Financially it is a wonderful savings and we love our home resort so much that right now we can't imagine staying anywhere else. If we do decide to go for a more laid back resort like the beautiful OKW, or a beach vacation like a stay at VB or HH....it is there!! I hope to stay at them all. Wouldn't sell my membership for nothing....even with all the DC hubub.

Laura

We bought because we love to visit WDW and stay on-site, but were only doing so every couple of years because of the cost of accommodations (yeah, we were spoiled by WL and refused to stay anywhere else).

DVC membership allows us to take the kids every year to Orlando, which everyone agreed is the best place to go.

So, since you were looking for one reason, it's because the DVC membership allows us to feel the MAGIC every year.

Oh yeah....when we are empty nested (in about 10 years), we look forward to multiple trips per year and doing the golf thing we don't have time for now!

Okay, I cheated and gave you two reasons!

Granny

You're great Granny.

You make me want to buy into DVC. I wish more folks were like you.

Thank you

#1 reason was the desire to make frequent trips to WDW and stay on-site in a deluxe accomodation.

So since the point cost cannot be increased at the current resorts, the only thing that they better not mess with is the quality of the DVC accomodations.

:mad: ;)

Pool hopping is no big deal for us, and we will only use a car to make the occasional side trips to other Florida destinations, like Universal.

One of my reasons for joining DVC is those darn soap dispensers at All-Star resorts. I'm serious, now stop laughing.

When the All-Stars stopped giving bars of soap and installed soap dispensers in the shower/bathtub, they placed them on the wall at a level that could only be used by someone taking a shower. You take a bath, you can't reach the dispenser! I hadn't brought along a bar of soap and using the bar from the sink area was inconvenient. Also found double beds uncomfortable, when we are used to a queen bed at home. These two things made us realize we would need to go back to moderates for soap or bring our own, but queen beds are only available in the deluxe resorts. We realized WDW vacations would be too expensive for our family of 4 to stay at deluxe resorts for our usual 10 day vacation. Instead of cutting our stay to 5 nights in a deluxe, we bought DVC to assure the same length of vacation, have queen or king beds and no darn soap dispenser.

With DVC we can afford a 10 day vacation every year rather than a 7 day, and in a better resort to boot!!! :jester: Just thinking of our next vacation makes me so happy!

10) Flexibility
9) Able to eat 3 all-you-can-eat buffets on the same day, then go to Beaches and Cream for a light late night snack.
8) Flexibility
7) My not so brilliant brother already agreed to buy my DVC interest in 2042 for 1/2 price.
6) My wife really believes she is traveling around the world every time we go to epcot
5) Flexibility
4) E-RIDE... the ability to pay $12, wait in line to get a paper bracelet so you won't have to wait in line, then find out you still have to wait in line
3) Able to frequently visit my deceased parents who now live in the haunted mansion
2) Flexibility
1) And the number 1 reason why I bought into DVC.... I LIKE MICE!!!

PS Did I mention the flexibility.

We bought just to have deluxe accomodations paid for in advance without the annoyance of having to try to get "a deal" every year. Being able to use the larger unit sizes (compared to hotel rooms) also was a factor with 2 teenagers.

RONfrom RI.....awesome posts here and on the "#1 reason for selling" thread!

It's great to feel the humor and general good will some recent threads have brought out. Now that's the DIS board I've come to know and love.

THANKS to you and all who keep the magic flowing during the long times away from "home".

We enjoy going to WDW and staying in deluxe rooms. This was getting very expensive and it was still just a hotel room. At OKW it is like having your own home in WDW. The flexibility is also very nice. Nice enough to do an addon at OKW and another at HH.

We are a family of four and decided to buy because ideally we would like to go to Disney at least once a year. By purchasing DVC, we don't have to shop for good rates, or worry about being able to afford a $5 or 6,000 vacation. By purchasing annual passes, using points for accomodations, being able to eat at least breakfast in our room, and driving from NJ, we can vacation at Disney for much less and go more often. And if we can't get to Disney, or on a year when we don't have annual passes, we can always have a wonderful and different vacation at Hilton Head or Vero Beach.

Here are all of my reasons for spending all this money on my "undivded real estate interest which expires in 2042"

-3. I love making the bed. Now, I can without worrying about offending the maids.

-2. So that I could spend $15,000 to buy points so I could tell my fellow passengers that we were crusing for free.

-1. We went to Orlando in 1995 and stayed in some off site dump - there was a big Palmetto bug on the pillow and I would not touch the thing. My wife told me I better figure it out and this year, I discovered DIS and then DVC. We wound up taking the entire pillow outside - awful!

0. I needed to justify a new computer purchase and the DVC point manager was the new "killer app" to convince my wife that I had to have it. But, to justifiy the need for the DVC point manager, I had to buy points to manage.

1. So I would stop lurking and be able to participate in DIS.

2. Bought a small contract at OKW to try to get a Grand Villa forcing Rich to waitlist because he emailed MS while I called so he could express his concerns about small contracts taking away members flexibility.

3. Bought another small contract Hilton Head so I could tell Rich that I really had a big contract, so that I could wave to Dean as he passed me on the way to Marriot, and so I could have lunch with Doc and his family someday.

4. So that I could learn the value of 11 months, of making 5 separate reservations for a 5 night stay.

5. For the experience of making reservations somewhere I didn't want to go so I could get on a waitlist to stay somewhere else.

6. I really wanted a DVC tote bag.

All kidding aside, everyone here has been an invaluable resource for assisting me with DVC this year. I am indebted to the great group of characters we have on this board.

We did three DVC trips this year - and I would not have paid the cash price to stay in these places. DVC has given me the ability to provide my family with terrific vacation options without regard to cost. After one year, I am thrilled.

My number reason for purchasing DVC was because I have loved WDW from the very beginning. I "Disneyed out" my 3 children, DH and DM years ago...but guess what? Now we have 5 DGS and 1 DGD! So, I have an entire new group of Disney lovers!

Now, my kids and their spouses, as well as my DH, also love to go!
It is so wonderful to see the Magic through the eyes of children!

How can I ever wait until November to be at BWV?:bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc

June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter