What is your #1 reason for purchasing ?

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
Be as specific as possible. Why did you buy ? We all get upset about pool hopping issues, valet parking, DC points.... you name it and we'll complain about it. But what's the one thing DVC better not screw with, because if they do they are really to get it-both barrels,from YOU.

I bought it to be able to stay onsite. It doesn't matter where to me, just as long as I can stay onsite. So I guess I'm safe, huh?

I bought strictly because of the location of Boardwalk Villas. If DVC would never had built BWV, and only had to offer OKW, HH, VB, and VWL I would never had bought into DVC.

Dumbo

We bought BWV for the Boardwalk location. We bought VWL for more points and BWV was sold out. The reason we bought was we love onsite and for the most part we only want to go to WDW.

We bought to save money. We wanted to be able to bring our children (at that time not yet born) to WDW multiple times and stay on site without breaking our bank account.

The only things that would make us sell besides personal financial situation would be if they changed the point schedules at the Boardwalk so we had to buy more points to stay - which would be against the law - or if the Disney resorts deteriorated to the point where they were no longer a place I would want to bring my children. Unlikely in my opinion.

We bought because it forces us to take a vacation from time to time. We didn't know much about timeshare at the time, but figured that Disney was probably a pretty safe bet.

We bought because we were planning at least one yearly trip and found the accomodations so much better for the same money we were paying at the moderates. We now do two a year and have added on once. (You just never have enough points.) It was like pre-paying for years of Disney vacations.

We just bought because we decided (after trips to many other theme parks) that WDW is the place that we want to vacation with our kids. Besides loving at as much as our DDs do, it is CLEAN, safe and nonsmoking in the parks. We wanted to stay at the home away from home resorts and we wouldn't be able to swing it without the purchase!

We bought specifically because of the ability to go on vacation and not feel like we were staying in a cramped little hotel room. We can spread out, relax and stay in our own bedroom while our daughter sleeps in the next room, we can watch T.V. and not have to whisper and worry about waking her up. I really feel like i am at a home away from home, and I like it.

We also bought because we love Disney. Iwas going to put that in my original post but I figured this was understood by all. I mean don't you all love the mouse?

We bought because it is a good value compared to moderates for frequent visitors...and thus an excellent value compared to the Deluxe resorts. We have 2 special needs kids, one is on a special diet and is very sensitive, and we tend to spend more time at the room than other average families. It is nice to have kitchen facilities so that we don't have to fuss at restaurants all the time, and to be able to relax in a comfortable space. Also, we plan ahead for special family time, and this was the best possible alternative for our family to investing in a 'cabin by the lake' or anything like that. We can use the points offsite or for non-DVC resorts or cruises if we really want to, but I can find better deals through other agencies and promotions. It is such a great value to stay at the DVC resorts that I am quite happy with the purchase. It is an investment in family time together.

We bought to lock-in our WDW vacation cost. We stayed at the Poly in 1977 for $56 per night. If rates continue at that rate for the next 25 years the cost will be $1000. Along with the admission prices, and food, which are somewhat controllable, we would not be able to afford our favorite vacation. Unless, I hit that $130,000,000 lottery tonight.

We bought OKW before there was any other DVC place. We bought into DVC when we found it to be a great thing to do and loved WDW so much. We had already stayed at OKW on a cash basis, so we knew how much it would cost to stay there. It is a great value for those who love Disney and trading off has been great, also.

I wanted to stay on site.
DVC is the best value for that.
I'm also a snob.:D

We go often and and is definetly worth it! We love the flexibility of not just having a specific week or two. Wish we had done it sooner.............

WE purchased so we could stay a great accommodations on-site for our yearly WDW vacation. Saving money was also a guiding force in our decision to buy. Since that time, we have also come to LOVE OKW, so we don't really see ourselves staying anywhere else in the near future. We have had 8 trips as members, and couldn't be happier. We are even taking advantage of an exchange we made next year, so we are happier still with our purchase.

MY DH and I decided to buy because we will soon be empty nesters and we like staying onsite and love WL so VWL was a natural. I want to have a reason to go places and travel after my youngest leaves for college next year and planning and looking forward to vacations gives me something to keep from missing her. Knowing that room rates keep rising also helped us decide to buy as a way to keep the cost down, for the long turn.:)

I bought DVC because we were going to WDW 1-2 times a year and once I added up what I had spent at staying at WDW resorts over a few years it was a no brainer. DVC is one of the best investments I have ever made. Now that we own DVC we go to WDW 3-4 times a year! I am afraid to add on more DVC points--we might never come home! LOL!!

I bought specifically to allow me to stay at the BWV at a significant cost savings. They could take away all the other resort options and I would still be fine as long as I could stay at the BWV (that doesn't mean I wouldn't scream like crazy as it was happening). Exchanging within DVC is a bonus, not a requirement for me. Had I not purchased at the resort I wanted, then trading would be a requirement.

We bought in so that we could upgrade from a moderate resort to a deluxe. We visited DW once a year and it made sense for us. We love the atmosphere and location of BWV. I think it important to stay on-site rather than off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter