What jelly do you use for peanut butter and jelly?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Had a conversation at work today and was surprised to find that the majority of people at work had never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with anything other then grape.

They looked at me funny when I mentioned you could use other jams and jellies.

Are you grape only?

I never really cared for PBJ and now have an allergic kid, but the few times I've had one, I like it best with apple jelly. Which I don't really like in any other scenario.

We are a house divided. DH and both DDs prefer strawberry while DS and I prefer grape. DH and I both grew up with grandmothers who made preserves so we like all kinds but those two are the basics we keep in the house.

My oldest did a poll among her friends on social media once and the overwhelming majority was Strawberry.

Growing up we only had grape jelly in the house. It was a treat when out at a restaurant they had those little packets of other flavors. Anyway, I guess I got used to peanut butter being with grape.

I've never eaten one in my entire life; I hate peanut butter and we don't keep it in the house. When he was a kid DS felt like he must be missing out so I specifically bought it, along with a jar of grape jelly for him to try. His opinion was basically "what's all the fuss about?". :confused3

I'm not a PB&J fan myself, but when I make them for others, I prefer to use strawberry. It's just prettier.

I'm not a big pb&j fan. I like them separately on toast but not much together. That being said, grape is gross and I'd pass if that's the option. I'll take raspberry, strawberry, apricot or marmalade.

My favorite jellies are peach and strawberry. I prefer a pb and banana on whole-grain bread to pb&j though. My favorite pb is the Costco brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter