• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What makes a deluxe resort deluxe?

We stayed at both YC and POFQ.
If you are disabled we say stay at
BC less walking time and a wonderful resort with a great pool! Plus if you stayed at POFQ you have to figure out the times it takes to go to the parks
and back if you want spend hour to the parks and hour or so back to park and not spend time at the resort. Also
pool at POFQ is very small compare to
Yacht and Beach. I have trouble walking and we found out it easy for us to stay at YC or BC so I can take my time and not be so stressed or rushed when we stayed at POFQ.
Hope this helps. O the food is wonderful there too. Good luck.

You must be talking about POR, because POFQ is the smallest of all the resorts and has the shortest walks. YC/BC (7 miles by bus) is actually farther from MK then POR/POFQ (5 miles by bus). The bus ride from POFQ to MK averages about 16 minutes, I do not see how it will be faster to MK or AKL The big benefit is it's closeness to Epcot and DHS.

Same here. Growing up in South Florida and making day trips to WDW in the 70s I dreamed of a day when I would be able to stay at the Poly or Contemporary. Still haven't, but after our recent purchase of DVC I will have my first stay at Poly in summer of 2018. Almost 50 years later!

Congrats on your upcoming POLY trip, I hope you have a magical time:) I was lucky enough to have my oldest sister take me to CR back in '73' when I was 12. I still remember being in total awwww when I saw the monorail going through our hotel.

Disney Management thinks that having dogs alone in your room for seven hours, barking for 30 minutes, and positioning a place for them to poop right next to the hot tub makes Yacht Cub a Deluxe Resort.

We love deluxe resorts for all the same reasons others have listed, signature restaurants, more ambiance, more options for food and pleasure(pool, game rooms)

Disney Management thinks that having dogs alone in your room for seven hours, barking for 30 minutes, and positioning a place for them to poop right next to the hot tub makes Yacht Cub a Deluxe Resort.
Yep, as long as they get their $75 per night.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. It's nice to hear from someone who had an easy time getting around YC or BC. One note though is we are staying at POR right now, not POFQ, and we're in a preferred room. So I'm not quite sure how that compares. A couple people said earlier that the preferred room at POR would be less walking than a room at YC or BC. So many other perks to consider too though.
Sorry about that. We stayed there too, but we felt the Resort was nice and everything. But it lack the quality of food for us. Plus the buses were issue too. I felt so rushed to get to the buses and when the buses are half
full or even full I couldn’t go on cause of my problems( can’t stand to long).
So if did just have Resort only maybe and take the boat down to eat and back up. Now if you request Garden
View close to Epcot at BC we think
this is better. Plus the food is so good. . The pool is so relaxing too. You fell like you are at water park but private. One part of the pool has a nice sand bottom for tried feet. A huge water slide for everyone, a lazy river and so much more. Plus there a ice cream place right there, how relaxing.

I've done value before and deluxe resorts are well worth the money. Poly is great but we really like the Contemporary as our go to resort. 3 great restaurants (California Grill, The Wave and Chef Mickey's) plus a quick serve and a coffee shop. Also the sand bar outside at the pool. Big arcade, fitness room, Great pool with slide, inside access (we always stay in the main tower) and the Monorail is inside the resort! We always walk going to MK but take the monorail back since its the first stop. Plus if your on bay lake view you get to see the water parade nightly from your balcony but for a few dollars more you can get theme park view and on nights your back before fireworks, there is no better place than sitting on your balcony with a cool drink to watch.

Disney deluxe resorts have cool themes, usually have interesting and aesthetcally pleasing pools and outdoor areas, regular sized ( compared to non-Disney accomodations) rooms, and cost a small fortune for rack rate. The amenities are not a lot different than any decent Orlando resort property except for theming and the perks of being on property.

What about Saratoga Springs? That is available for less than $100 more than what we're booked for now. It looks like many of the rooms are close to transportation.

Edit: A better question might be what deluxe resort has the smallest foot print?
I will say the one down side we found to ssr transport was that the buses can easily fill at the first few stops. You need to figure out the route and get on the earliest bus stop you can. We learned o our third day that just a 2 min longer walk the busses went full. So we would get on at one stop in the morning g and off at the closer spot when coming home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter