What snacks do you keep on hand?

Hi zoegirl!! I :love: fruit! I'll try the yogurt trick and the 'nola bars! Thanks so much!

g'day all...

I think my favorite portable snack is cherry/grape tomatoes or green peppers. The tomatoes actually travel well (can have them at work or if I'm out on a hike/run). The other snack I like when I'm home is cucumber. For a regular sliced cucumber take about 1 cucumber, 2 TBSP chopped onion and about 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup vinegar, and a light touch of liquid spenda (or other sweetener.) I add everything the night before and refridgerate. The next morning when I get to work I drain the liquid and can snack on the cucumber throughout the day (taste is a sweet and sour sour of taste.)

I've lost more than 100 pounds and have come to realize that it wasn't my meals that caused me problems, it was my snacking. I try not to overdo the fruit but veggies are totally open season...

I like the cherry tomatoes and cucumber spears. Thanks for the cucumber recipe idea. I'm not big on green pepper but carrots, celery sticks are also good.
I was a crunchy muncher before but this, lots of fresah fruits and veggies helped me lose and keep off 38 poulds. I also found getting rid of sugar and white flour for the most part improved my energy level and cut back a lot of artheritis pain!

Best Vacation EVER-thanks for the tips. I'm good at exercising. It's just the SNACKS that cause me troubles. I love cherry tomatoes!

Grandma Bear-I don't like green pepper either! Thanks!

For those of us with a sweet tooth, cubed watermelon works well for the sygar craving but is a lot healthier.

I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Strawberries, other fruits and those Jello low sugar desserts are awesome.

For savory teeth (?), you can always have pretzels or crackers!

Thanks Grandma Bear!

Goldfish crackers are yum! I like the pretzel kind! What about you, Grandma Bear?

TigerCheer2009 said:
Goldfish crackers are yum! I like the pretzel kind! What about you, Grandma Bear?

I like the regular ones but will give the pretzel ones a try and get back to you.
I am a crunchy muncher so these fill the bill and are healthier than chips.

The 100 calorie packs they have in stores now are great. They help me because I don't eat more than what I should. Great for a 2 point snack! :)

DaisynDonald said:
The 100 calorie packs they have in stores now are great. They help me because I don't eat more than what I should. Great for a 2 point snack! :)

Thanks! I'll try these.

goldfish crackers, carrot sticks, celery, pretzel sticks. Watermelon when I can get it really takes care of the sugar craving!

I love Cheerios and rice cakes - the chocolate and caramel ones feed both crunchy and sweet at the same time and only 1 point. Also Salsa with lowfat chips.

momto2 said:
I love Cheerios and rice cakes - the chocolate and caramel ones feed both crunchy and sweet at the same time and only 1 point. Also Salsa with lowfat chips.

I love the cherrios also plus the South Beach Cinnamon Shredded Wheat.
Salsa is good also low in calories and good for the digestive system.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! WOW!

Grandma Bear-I like the Goldfish crackers. Any luck with the pretzel-fishies? Thank you!

momto2-Cheerios are a yum! Rice cakes-they come in two flavors? Or are those two separate flavors? They sound like a yum! ooh...and salsa n chips too! YUMola! Thanks!

TigerCheer2009 said:
Thanks for all of the suggestions! WOW!

Grandma Bear-I like the Goldfish crackers. Any luck with the pretzel-fishies? Thank you!

momto2-Cheerios are a yum! Rice cakes-they come in two flavors? Or are those two separate flavors? They sound like a yum! ooh...and salsa n chips too! YUMola! Thanks!

The little goldfish pretzels are good but seem more salty to me. Rice cakes around me are available in about 5 flavors. I do't like the plain because to me they have no taste.

They are a little bit more salty, but I like them. Whatever floats your :boat:! Rice cakes sound like yum...I tried plain ones once and didn't like them. I was 5 though...

Thanks!

In the health food section you might be able to find Soy Crisps. They are like Rice Crisps. If you have a potato chip problem, they can be a good sub. They come in salt, cheese, garlic (I think)....can't remember. But they are fairly low in points and more soy in your diet is generally a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter