What to do the first day at a hotel?

She was 12. When we woke up that morning she was tired but insisted we still go. I told her she could sleep in. We left the park an hour after we got there because I enforced it. She still wanted to continue but she later said she thought I would be upset if she wanted to leave. :( She felt that way because the year prior my son acted a fool a day or two and we had to leave the park a few times. She didn’t want me to be upset again but I explained it’s two different scenarios.

Oh, now I can understand the situation. While most teens would sleep at any time, pre-teens often don't like to admit when they are tired. Maybe they don't want to upset the parents, maybe they don't want to feel like "small kids" that need naps... Parents should learn to notice "tired signs" as you did even when the kid swears she's not tired. A cranky and irritable kid may need a nap more that one that just looks "sleepy". Ok I stop because we are off topic, but I think it's wrong assume that only very small kids may need naps.

I remember when we stayed at POP years ago we had potato heads in the window and probably some other Disney toys. I don't think we decorated the windows. As old as my kids are,, they would love this idea because one in college for art and the other one is also an artist. We will be staying at Art of Animation at the Nemo suites. I don't know if anyone will ever see our window from the outside there. I remember talking about the Mickey-shaped paint swatches. I never was able to get any and I doubt they are around now.

Same. I had a lime green mickey keychain made but never seemed to wear it continuously in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter