What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

Thanks for getting this thread put together! I'm excited to visit in 2015.
Crowd wise, how do you think it will be on July 17, 2015? I am figuring it will be very crowded and that doesn't bother DH and I. But is it Spring Break crowded or like New Years crowded on anniversary days? We have avoided this day in the past but for the 60th we are thinking of driving out.

Oh.. if the Electrical Parade came to DL I'd be over the moon!
Lots of talk that because of budget of Parks & Resorts focusing on the new Shanghai location and FP+ that it 'may' not be as "huge" of a celebration as previously thought?

Fingers crossed (all of them!) for the Electrical Parades return - I loved that parade and I'd love to show my kids that parade - You Tube movies of it don't show the magic!

Thanks for getting this thread put together! I'm excited to visit in 2015.
Crowd wise, how do you think it will be on July 17, 2015? I am figuring it will be very crowded and that doesn't bother DH and I. But is it Spring Break crowded or like New Years crowded on anniversary days? We have avoided this day in the past but for the 60th we are thinking of driving out.

Just from the people in this thread who will be targeting the 17th, I'd wager it will be pretty darn busy. A non-milestone anniversary is what I would call summer+ crowded. Since spring break crowded is about the same as summer crowded in my book, I'd be expecting it to be closer to the New years end of the spectrum.

Overall, I certainly don't see them outdoing or even matching what they did for the 50th. For better or worse, a 50th is just more special and ultimately marketable than a 60th. The next real notable one will be the 75th.

I'm weighing March and May... in either event I'm hoping that 2015 won't become the year it'd be better NOT to visit. :P

FWIW, a couple months ago there were MANY threads on this forum that 2014 was the worst year to visit DLR. It was largely because of the large number of rides closed for refurb and safety enhancements.

:wizard:

FWIW, a couple months ago there were MANY threads on this forum that 2014 was the worst year to visit DLR. It was largely because of the large number of rides closed for refurb and safety enhancements. :wizard:

Hmmm. So maybe 2015 will be the best year to visit.

As long as their "enhancements" aren't FP+...

The Disneyland 50th celebration was spread to all domestic parks as the "Happiest Celebration on Earth". For me, this ruined Disneyland's anniversary. Yes, DCA got ToT that year, and the fireworks were amazing. But this was the first time all Disneyland and WDW shared a theme for the year. They've done it several times since.

As for July 17, I was there for the 40th and the 50th. The 50th was not nearly as crowded as the 40th. My experience in 2005 was July 16 and 18 were much more crowded than the 17 th. But the 17th always draws the die hards. That might be a reason why many tourists stayed away on the actual anniversary.

With the recent resurgence of the 24hr events, this is what I expect next year. Disneyland did this for the 25th and 30th anniversaries. It makes sense for a long party on the 60th, though I doubt it will be 60 hours. Either way, we'll be there on July 17 this year and next.

Will are planning on going for the first time to dl in sept/oct 2015 will there still be 60th celebrations on then? Merchandise etc?

Apparently they are going to give a "sneak peak" at what is in store for the 60th on July 17, 2014, per Disney Parks Blog.

Will are planning on going for the first time to dl in sept/oct 2015 will there still be 60th celebrations on then? Merchandise etc?

The OP explains everything that might happen. I would strongly expect that the 60th celebration will go all the way until 2016 like previous celebrations.

:wizard:

Any rumors of the celebration beginning on 6/30? I noticed on the blockout calendar that it is now a GO date for both So Cal Select and regular So Cal which is highly unusual and has never been that way before. Or it could just be a problem on the website.

I am just starting the planning phases for a trip next year and forgot that it was the 60th celebration! Our tentative dates are arriving 6/25-6/30 2015 ... We will only be doing 2 park days. Should we move the trip to July ??? We loved going in August however that is not an option for us next year.

We'll be there in April, Oct. and Dec.......hope everything is working and looking great.
We have been at WDW this year and 2015 is our DLR year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter