What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

Trey-- Wow, these are Amazing photo's! So the Flatbed, just parks there all the time? Now, I want to go! I am a Huge Eagles fan!

Love the Route 66 on the road, just like in Carsland!
Your HydroGal was a Great sport! Does she love Disney like you?
Thank You so much for sharing your pictures! :goodvibes

A road trip from Reno to Route 66 is in my future!!

:lovestruc
--Lori

The flat bed Ford is always there. And HydroGal loves Disney. We will be there in 7 days! :)

I doubt it! What year did you graduate High School? No pressure if you don't want to tell me. I'm 45 now. Ughh. Can't believe how old I'm getting.
Mike, I am 43, be 44 in March! Graduated in 1988.......... I hear ya, on getting OLD!!! UGH!:(

--Lori

This is exciting! popcorn::

My dh and I are planning a road trip for our family for next June, and when it finally dawned on me that we would be a month too early for the 60th, I was kind of bummed. It never occurred to me that the celebration might start in May--definitely excited!:banana::banana::banana:

we've always had good luck the second or third week of may. I believe they raise the prices May 17th or did the last two years around that time. We went one time a few years ago around May 14th to the 20th ish..and it was awesome. We only went an hour or so and had to come back and rest because of a disability but we had a fantastic time.

Since we always go to DLR in July (except for this summer we went to WDW) I was thinking we should go on the 17th. However, I looked up the block out dates for deluxe APs and the 17th (Fri) is blocked. So guess we'll probably just drive down on the 18th (Sat) and have first day in the parks on the 19th (Sun). I suppose we could buy park hoppers and upgrade them to APs after Saturday, but we would loose out on those AP discounts in the mean time.

Also, it probably makes more sense to purchase the APs in May before the price goes up. I'm thinking we will just have to make do with whatever parts of the celebration are still around the next week.

Now I have that Eagles song running through my head. Thanks! ;)

The birthday celebration theme will continue for the rest of the year. But if you go on the 18 or 19th, there most-likely won't be any residual celebration from the 17th. That's unless they make it a special celebration weekend. A 60-hour party would be an example of this.

I'm just starting to plan our first trip to DLR. It's been my lifelong dream to go. With kids school and activities it looks like the week with the 17th will be the best time for us. I read some things online about the 50th and the crowds seemed a little overwhelming. We will have 5 park days and stay at a DL hotel. If experienced park goers have tips and strategies to share...that would be fantastic. I read about the 50th people waited in line all night. Do you think that will be the only way to get in? Do they have early entry when there's a special event. Can you park hop or do have to worry about a park hitting capacity and not getting back in. We've been to WDW a few times but never on like a Christmas or New Years and this will be our first time to this park so it seems like a whole new thing.

This is exciting! popcorn::

My dh and I are planning a road trip for our family for next June, and when it finally dawned on me that we would be a month too early for the 60th, I was kind of bummed. It never occurred to me that the celebration might start in May--definitely excited!:banana::banana::banana:

I got my AP Extra email and while they just linked to the old story about the 60th with no specifics the email said it would be starting in May.

"One of the biggest bashes in Disneyland® Resort history is coming next May! Find out more about the dazzling Diamond Celebration announced on July 17."

Any idea how long the celebration et al. Will last?? I'm planning a September/October not sure which.

We are buying Premium Passes, because we will be there July 17th for 4 days, and then again at thanksgiving for 5....... First time with Premium Passes!!

Also-- we are throwing together a Dis Boards meet... so come one. come All!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

--Lori

Take it Easy, take it Easssssssssssy... :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm excited for this (although living in PA jacks up the airfare prices). I plan on coupling it with D23 this year. I just need to figure out a way to save up the money to get out there and truly enjoy the trip.

We're hoping to be there on the 17th! My birthday is on the 16th, so I'm hoping this year I can celebrate at my happy place. :cool1:

We're planning on getting APs when we go on our Dec. trip this year. If we do, we'll definitely go for the 60th anniversary. I'm keeping an eye on this thread! :thumbsup2

We're hoping to be there on the 17th! My birthday is on the 16th, so I'm hoping this year I can celebrate at my happy place. :cool1:

We're planning on getting APs when we go on our Dec. trip this year. If we do, we'll definitely go for the 60th anniversary. I'm keeping an eye on this thread! :thumbsup2

My birthday is the 16th too DLmama. Too bad we weren't born one day later so we could share our birthday with DL. I won't be there for my birthday as we are going late June/early July. Spent my birthday last year in the Magic Kingdom at WDW - amazing! Very excited to see DL's birthday celebrations. Have a great time on your birthday! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter