What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

I haven't tried Disneyland Inside Out (it's a third party website, so not officially Disney), but I have looked at Disneyland Explorer. It's fun, but doesn't have schedules or information like that. It's meant to let you "look" around the park, but it isn't really meant to be used while in the parks.

It's made of plastic, but they haven't announced a price yet. I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 to $15 sound likely, although it could be more! I liked it and plan to get one!

$10.19 and like you said, it's plastic.

"This plastic stein is lightweight enough to carry around at the park, while being beautiful enough to display on a shelf (which is exactly what I’m planning to do)"

"The stein with soda will cost $10.19 (plus tax)".

"The stein with soda will cost $10.19 (plus tax)".
That makes sense because it'll round to a nice $11.00 for the kiosk type places. I have to admit that is less expensive than I had thought it would be...I was figuring on $12 at least.

It does sound less expensive than I would have thought as well. I think the 10.19 price point appears to be a very affordable price point for a DL souvenir so maybe more people will be inclined to buy. I feel like this is going to be a popular one! Also, I feel like I'm going to have to set a higher but more strict budget this year for DL souvenirs because so much of what I'm seeing looks great and I'll talk myself into buying them because "it's only available this year". Too much excitement!:mickeyjum

Yum. I was hoping there would be more diamond desserts but that funnel cake looks delicious.

Funnel cakes are typically not even what I go for when I am craving sweets, but that particular one looks deliciously decadent!

I wonder if there will be more Diamond Celebration desserts and food items than what we have read about so far (including the cupcakes in this blog - http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/a-taste-of-the-disneyland-resort-diamondcelebration/). That seems to be what happens a lot with, for example, the Halloween Time season and the Holiday/Christmas season. The Parks Blog will list off a bunch of sweet and savory items -- possibly over multiple blogs -- but they never seem to quite list everything. There are always food items that are uncovered as the seasons progress, or possibly those items might be written about on other (unofficial) Disney-related websites. The Parks Blog might tell us about special cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches, but they might leave out of the blogs things like Diamond-ish cake pops, marshmallows, cotton candy or pretzel rods, or something like that.

I would hope/expect that, perhaps, because the Diamond Celebration is going to last a long time -- at least through the end of this year, but probably into next year too -- there will be more themed goodies than what we have heard about so far.

Also, hopefully some of the savory dishes shown in today's blog will stick around beyond the 24-hour event. I think some of them probably will, but we won't know until we get past that event!

Anyone care to wager a guess about entertainment schedules during the 60th weekend (Wed-Sun)? Can I assume parades, fireworks, F! and WoC will be on the same schedule as last July during the same time? I'm one of them WDW planners and I'm trying to plan my dining reservations. (I know, I know....)

I would hope/expect that, perhaps, because the Diamond Celebration is going to last a long time -- at least through the end of this year, but probably into next year too -- there will be more themed goodies than what we have heard about so far.

Also, hopefully some of the savory dishes shown in today's blog will stick around beyond the 24-hour event. I think some of them probably will, but we won't know until we get past that event!

I diamond celebration candy apple would be really cool.

Anyone care to wager a guess about entertainment schedules during the 60th weekend (Wed-Sun)? Can I assume parades, fireworks, F! and WoC will be on the same schedule as last July during the same time? I'm one of them WDW planners and I'm trying to plan my dining reservations. (I know, I know....)
As entertainment changed since last year you're probably better off to look at the June 2015 entertainment schedule, especially the last couple weeks of the month.

As entertainment changed since last year you're probably better off to look at the June 2015 entertainment schedule, especially the last couple weeks of the month.

Good point. So the schedule (and park hours, for that matter) should be similar to late-June's?

Yes, I think the entertainment and operating schedules in late-June should be similar to late-July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter