What was your first resort?

Very first onsite stay was at Polynesian Resort back in 1975 with my parents. We also stayed at the Contemporary Resort in 1977. This was back when those were the only resorts and WDW was just the Magic Kingdom!

First onsite stay as an adult was at All-Star Movies with my wife and kids in 2011.

My first stay was back in '73' when I was 12 at CSR, I was in total aww! seeing a monorail going through our hotel:)
Poly was our first "family" resort stay. We stayed there based on everyone saying that with an infant you "have to stay" on the monorail or Epcot resorts because buses were so difficult with strollers. We had a great time. Then just a couple of months later, a group of friends went and we all stayed at a value and, for us, we realized that using the buses with a stroller was not a hassle at all and we still had a great time there.

Our first resort was Pop and that's when I fell in love with WDW. I wish we could stay there again, but we have 3 kids now so we would need 2 rooms and usually choose one of the mods that sleep 5 instead.

Beach Club was our first resort and always feels like "home" to me. However, now that I am much older I feel that any resort in the EC area feels like home. In more recent years we have ventured out of my comfort zone to MK area resorts (CR especially) and POFQ. I still feel like I am basically at home at these resorts. It is amazing how much just being on property changes my view.

POR for us, combined with an off-site stay at Silver Lake Resort just behind AKL. We wanted to stay in the FQ, but it was being refurbished. It was great, I’d have no problem staying again, but I like to try a new resort each time we go. There are so many and someday I’d love to say I’d stayed at all of them!

Polynesian, mid 80s. I had just turned 1 year old.

My parents had been a number of times before that in the 70s & 80s. Always Polynesian. Started trying other resorts when I was 4.

My first resort was at Fort Wilderness and we loved it. I have stayed there 3 times total. I love the cabins, but it does not always work for the trips. I am trying to stay at all resorts, but have stayed at a few resorts twice due to availability of rooms, makeup of people or budget.

Dixie Landings.. Now Port Orleans Riverside Our Home away from home, filled with many memories over 26 years...
Although I still love it ( but only stay AB preferred) when we return, we often return to AKL last few years. I just can’t get enough of the Savannah rooms.

My very first onsite stay was in 2005 at All Star Sports. I've stayed there again since, most recently in 2014. But now that I have small kids, we try not to stay at value resorts strictly due to not having enough space for us, a crib and the stroller.

POFQ - Love it. Have only stayed in a handfull (POR, CBR, SS, OKW, AKL) because we usually stay at our Timeshare off property. Most the times we have stayed at one it was a day to start, or a day between transfering to different resorts for a 2 week trip. Always a lovely break and stop, especially with the little one in toe!

Our first stay was a split stay Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We've been back to AKL several times and will be back to WL this December with a stay at Coronado Springs this summer (hopefully). We've stayed at Poly, POR, Pop, AOA, Dolphin, and Beach Club. We've loved them all!

My first stay was Caribbean Beach back in 2003. I love a big sprawling resort but we stayed in Trinidad North which was close to the food and gift shop (if I remember correctly).

On our first trip, we were supposed to go to Sanibel Island for the weekend and then go to the GF for four nights, starting Tuesday. It was to have been our son’s, who was 7, first visit to WDW. However, come Friday night, our plane sat on the LGA runway for five hours until we ran out of water, toilet paper and fuel and the flight was cancelled. There were no available flights out until Monday morning and no rooms at the GF until our original reservation starting Tuesday. So we booked Monday night at the Poly. The only available room was a lagoon view, and it was gorgeous. It was not what we had planned, but it was really lovely. My son adored the pool and there was a playground there at the time which he also loved. While we have fond memories of the Poly, the GF remains our family’s favorite. We have returned to the Poly twice since then, but have not been able to duplicate the loveliness of the first time.

Contemporary back in 1985. We used to stay somewhere on 192 but finally made enough money to stay on site. IIRC we had a MK view room and it was around $50-$60 dollars per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter