What's in a BLT? - Or, Configuration of the Tower *UPDATED 11/23*

so 1-6

14-15

that leaves 7-12 (or 13 if they have it) - so a little less than half of the building to be declared into DVC and sold.

though 16 was only the observation and lounge are rooms located there?

when I called yesterday about getting BLT in Dec - the guide say nothing about new units declared and nothing at any DVC resort was availability.

For the center section this is correct. However, on both the north and south sides the upper level of the GVs occupy the 16th floor and on the back side there are two 2BR villas on both the north and south sides.

Thank you for posting this.

We sent back our paperwork last weekend and it showed 21B, which is already declared.

Does anyone know how Disney defines declared? Does that mean they have started selling points for that room or maybe sold __% of the points for the room?

Disney only declares units into DVC when they can be sold.

I think

thank you again!

you are so kind to do this for us BLT - when you don't even own BLT.

Does this mean that only the declared units can be used with points and all declared units are cash? Or is it a % of units that are points?

For example if unit 20 has been declared it can be used on points. and unit 50 has not been declared it can NOT be used on points? I guess what I mean, does the EXACT declared unit have to be the unit used on points?

Another question...

If DVC typically declares units about every 3 months...would I have a better chance of getting my Oct. WL for BLT?

Anyone know how many rooms the old Garden Wing of the Contemporary hotel had before it was demolished to make room for BLT?

I'm curious what the net room count for Contemporary + BLT is versus the "old" Contemporary when it was a hotel only but with two wings...

Another question from someone who is totally clueless as to how this works.

1) I am presently holdling a ressie for a MK view villa in September

2) Let's say that by some freak chance, they did not sell another point
between now and the time I check in.

3) Does this mean they could only put me in a room that was located on
floors 1 - 6 ?

I guess my question is, if the room has not been declared, can they still let someone stay in it?

Another question from someone who is totally clueless as to how this works.

1) I am presently holdling a ressie for a MK view villa in September

2) Let's say that by some freak chance, they did not sell another point
between now and the time I check in.

3) Does this mean they could only put me in a room that was located on
floors 1 - 6 ?

I guess my question is, if the room has not been declared, can they still let someone stay in it?

You can stay anywhere, not just the 1-6th floors. It is my understanding that declarations really only amount to what percentage is available to DVC and what percentage is available to CRO. If 25% is declare then only 25% can be booked via DVC and the rest is CRO, but it does not play into where you actually stay.

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

You can stay anywhere, not just the 1-6th floors. It is my understanding that declarations really only amount to what percentage is available to DVC and what percentage is available to CRO. If 25% is declare then only 25% can be booked via DVC and the rest is CRO, but it does not play into where you actually stay.

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

This explanation makes sense. From a marketing standpoint, if only 50% of the rooms are booked, they would want to give those guests the best possible experience. Putting people in the best possible rooms (for the specified view) encourages people to buy points (or more points).

Did some more research on the the OCC web site.

The filing date of the last BLT declaration was June 18, 2009

I doubt if that includes all the closings on that date...
June 18 recordings = 88
June 19-July 15 (as of approximately 3:30 CST) = 1211
----------
1299 new contracts have been recorded since the last declaration.
When I looked at a sampling of 55 contracts during this stretch, they are averaging close to 180 points.

The contracts from the web cast just started showing up, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers increase a lot over the next few weeks.

Also noticed contracts showing up with the phases just declared.

Phases 38, 40, and 89 were declared. Papers filed on July 15, OCC web site shows it on July 20th.

popcorn::

thanks for this very detailed and informative thread....

I found this link on a different BLT thread....I think I get it :confused:

we'll be coming "home" next yr Nov and requesting a 2BR D w/ most likely a SV. As much as we'd love MK or LV...our points won't manage it right now. Just trying to get a feel what the SV really is. Be glad once it's officially open and people can report....

Can't wait till we can go!

Phases 38, 40, and 89 were declared. Papers filed on July 15, OCC web site shows it on July 20th.

How do you search for a declaration on the OCC website? I have success finding the deeds, plus other extraneous items such as notices of waiver of ROFR. But I don't know how to search for a declaration, or I don't recognize it when I see it.

Thanks!

How do you search for a declaration on the OCC website? I have success finding the deeds, plus other extraneous items such as notices of waiver of ROFR. But I don't know how to search for a declaration, or I don't recognize it when I see it.

Thanks!

Here's how I search...
I use the standard search.
Enter the date range, and enter Disney Vacation Development in the Grantor entry.

This will show several document types (Descriptions): Notice, Deed, Deed Mortgage, Condo Related, etc. The Condo Related ones seem to be declarations. For example, document id 20090412099 is the one I noticed today. If you view the OCC attached image for the document, you'll see it's a declaration and they tell you which phases they are adding.

Here's how I search...
I use the standard search.
Enter the date range, and enter Disney Vacation Development in the Grantor entry.

This will show several document types (Descriptions): Notice, Deed, Deed Mortgage, Condo Related, etc. The Condo Related ones seem to be declarations. For example, document id 20090412099 is the one I noticed today. If you view the OCC attached image for the document, you'll see it's a declaration and they tell you which phases they are adding.

Much thanks. Followed your instructions and found the declaration.

I've been going through the OCC deed recordings for Bay Lake Tower for the last few days. For the period July 10 - 17, 2009, 83,400 points were recorded in 40 different unit designations. The units all relate to the units that have been declared by DVD, such as 87a, 33c, etc., with one exception: There is one deed labeled as Bay Lake Tower showing the buyer has an interest in unit 105a. That unit number doesn't relate to any of the declared BLT units, but it DOES match up with several deeds being recorded for Animal Kingdom Villas on 7/15/09. Can a recorded deed ever have a "simple" typing error?

I think the high number of points recorded in such a short period shows that Disney had a lot of success with the webcast in mid-June.

Thanks for helping put this thread together. Its a lot of fun watching this BLT getting filled up!

I've been going through the OCC deed recordings for Bay Lake Tower for the last few days. For the period July 10 - 17, 2009, 83,400 points were recorded in 40 different unit designations. The units all relate to the units that have been declared by DVD, such as 87a, 33c, etc.

Wow, sales definitely picked up at BLT.

with one exception: There is one deed labeled as Bay Lake Tower showing the buyer has an interest in unit 105a. That unit number doesn't relate to any of the declared BLT units, but it DOES match up with several deeds being recorded for Animal Kingdom Villas on 7/15/09. Can a recorded deed ever have a "simple" typing error?

The OCC web site shows the date that they have proofed contracts for. This morning, I think it was showing documents up to July 3rd were proofed. Tonight, it's showing documents proofed through July 13.

I think the high number of points recorded in such a short period shows that Disney had a lot of success with the webcast in mid-June.

I think you're right. We purchased from the first webcast and our contract didn't show up until last week. Our sales guide told us they were expecting 30% of those attending the three web casts to purchase at BLT. They estimated 6000 attendees. (I know sales people often stretch the facts, but even if they get 15% of the webcast attendees to purchase, that's 900 new contracts).

I wonder how many more points they have left to sell for February UY? They should have plenty for the other UY, but it seemed like 80% of all contracts in the last month have been for February.

How do you know what unit you own?

On the Deed you signed, it will indicate # points you own, % of the room you own, Unit (for example 19A), and which resort these points belong to.

Something like the following...
An undivid 0.9209% interest in Unit 19A of ....
Lower down it will list the UY and # points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter