What's in a studio thread

notaclue

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen a posting that tells what is in a studio villa but I can't find it anywhere. Specifically how much coffee and filters, soap, shampoo, etc. I'm trying to figure out what I need to take for our May stay in SSR. Can someone please point me to the thread with that info? TIA

One coffee and a few sugars and creamers plus one set of soaps and shampoos etc. There is only one bathroom, so only one set of soaps etc.

There will also be cups and glasses and paper bowls and plates for the microwave, toaster, coffee maker and under counter fridge. There is a bar sink in the kitchenette area, and some resorts also include a soap set there as well, but most just have a small bottle of dish detergent there along with a sponge.

Thanks for the info and the quick reply. I guess I'll bring some extra coffee fixins. If we need more shampoo and soap can I request them from housekeeping and is there a charge?

Take extra filters and coffee. I take travel sized toiletries including extra shampoo and soap as back up. They have trash and towel service day 4 so these will be replenished. The toiletries they provide are good quality and do go far. Paper towels and toilet paper are replenished w/o charge if you need more :)

Thanks for the info and the quick reply. I guess I'll bring some extra coffee fixins. If we need more shampoo and soap can I request them from housekeeping and is there a charge?

Nearly anything extra you request from housekeeping will be a charge. Extra shampoo and soap are not free. You can get toilet paper and paper towels for free. Extra towels are not free. There are no coffee filters in the room. If you want salt, pepper, sugar, creamer, bring your own.

Most of the DVC studios are similar. There are paper plates, paper bowls for 4. Plus four real glasses and cups. And mousekeeping will provide wine glasses and cork screw if desired.

The studio at OKW has two queen beds. The others all have a queen bed and a double pull out couch. And BWV also has a child-sized daybed for a child 4' 11" or smaller.

Here's what the MS website says about studios:

Sleeps up to four
Queen-size bed, plus full-size sleeper sofa
Flat-panel TV and DVD player
Wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
Private balcony

Each studio also has a toaster.

We usually bring small Ziplock/Glad bowls with lids to use for left overs or even cereal. A sharp knife for cutting (think cheese or apples), chip clips, and ziplock bags of varying sizes.

I've noticed that the fold out beds in a studio only come with one (not very heavy) blanket.
Is it ok to ask for another blanket and pillow?

And... what size coffee filters do we need ? :confused3

I don't want to hi jack the thread, but I'm too lazy to search. :sad2:

The coffee pots use standard 10/12 cup Mr. Coffee type filters. I buy the Maxwell House filter packs that are a filter with coffee sealed inside each one; that way I don't have to mess with a big can of coffee and measuring out how much to take. Hope you all love SSR, it's our fav.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter