What's more American than Disney?!We Brave the 4th of July! TR LINK pg. 55!!!!!!!

Hi! We are going on our 1st trip to WDW June 28-July 5th! Staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins. All teachers in our family -- so we will brave the 4th and the crowds! We are interested in the Wishes Cruise on the 3rd too. So if you need anyone else to help split the cost let me know! (We have 5 in our family. Me, DH, 2 boys 9 and 6, and my mom). Can't wait to get there!
Rachel

Welcome to the Dis !!:hug:

Hi! We are going on our 1st trip to WDW June 28-July 5th! Staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins. All teachers in our family -- so we will brave the 4th and the crowds! We are interested in the Wishes Cruise on the 3rd too. So if you need anyone else to help split the cost let me know! (We have 5 in our family. Me, DH, 2 boys 9 and 6, and my mom). Can't wait to get there!
Rachel

Hey! Welcome to the DIS and to my TR! I'm so glad you joined!

Have you ever done the 4th before?

I will keep you posted on the cruise but I already have 6 and I think the limit is 10 people, not sure if it's 10 adults and can be more if there's kids....I'll have to find out. But I am actually still waiting to hear from my cousin is she and her son are coming. But I will definitely keep you in mind!

OH, and please join us on the Official July 2010 thread! We are all planning together!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247684

What a great thred I will be checking in I cant wait my first time at disney on the 4th of july not sure I will survive :rotfl: I am trying already to come up with some hair styles to were up i never wear my hair up but I think I will have to in july or I will sweat to death.

We can do it! Definitely find a way to put your hair up! I NEVER have my hair down on my summer disney trips! So glad you joined my Pre-TR. It's kind of boring right now but if you look at my other TRs, they are FULL of pics!

A ponytail is your friend in July! Last year I had short hair, I am growing it out this year so I'll be sporting a pony most mornings and probably many evenings, too.

It makes me feel better to know there are other people that are thinking about how the heck they are going to wear their hair at Disney - because of the humidity and heat!! I also struggle with this because I prefer to wear my hair down (sometimes the ponytails pinch or feel heavy). I like to wear my hair in a hair clip and this works well because it doesn't pinch or pull BUT it is hard to lean back in your seat on rides!! So if anyone has any ideas....or cool new tools....(banana clip??? ha ha)

It makes me feel better to know there are other people that are thinking about how the heck they are going to wear their hair at Disney - because of the humidity and heat!! I also struggle with this because I prefer to wear my hair down (sometimes the ponytails pinch or feel heavy). I like to wear my hair in a hair clip and this works well because it doesn't pinch or pull BUT it is hard to lean back in your seat on rides!! So if anyone has any ideas....or cool new tools....(banana clip??? ha ha)

Yes! I totally agree about the clip/ponytail hitting the back of your head on a ride that you lean your head on! That's why I wear my messy bun WAY on top of my head! Hmm, I'm trying to find a pic...this one isn't the best because it's kind of falling but my hair is usually around this spot on my head!! Ugh, I'm so worried that my hair is not so long anymore and it will be hard to get it all up there this summer!

ry%3D400

Your hair will grow. There's still plenty of time. If not, may I suggest lotsa clips and a hairband? hehe

Hey I'm here!

You are going to love the Wishes cruise! While we didn't do it on the 4th of July, it was still really neat!

Your hair will grow. There's still plenty of time. If not, may I suggest lotsa clips and a hairband? hehe

Yeah I'll make it work! ;)

Hey I'm here!

You are going to love the Wishes cruise! While we didn't do it on the 4th of July, it was still really neat!

Hey! Thanks for coming over!! Oh, I"m so glad to hear from someone who's done the cruise! I get nervous about things that I have high expectations for.

I had so much fun wearing my bride ears on our honeymoon! I felt like a celebrity, getting congratulations all day long. Plus, I felt like it really helped for people me meet friends I made on the July thread...you couldn't really miss the ears!

Tom said, no way can I wear them again. He doesn't want me taking away from the people who are actually on their honeymoon and I agree. So I just went on the disneyshopping website and there are 2 possibilities. I'm thinking either the silver headband with the purple and blue veil OR just the plain sparkly minnie ears. They'll be my anniversary ears!

What do you guys think?

Ears with veil...
http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-veiled-minnie-mouse-ears-headband-for-girls/p/1254641/70996/

Minnie ears...
http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-sequined-minnie-mouse-ears-headband/p/1254639/70996/

I will be there the 3rd - 9th with DH, in-laws, and 2 boys( 12 & 2) that have never been before. Staying @ FW. REALLY wish we could have gone at another time but that was the only time we could all get off of work. I am scared but will try to make the best of it. I am hoping that it will be at least cloudy that week with no rain so at least it might not be so hot.:confused3:scared:

I had so much fun wearing my bride ears on our honeymoon! I felt like a celebrity, getting congratulations all day long. Plus, I felt like it really helped for people me meet friends I made on the July thread...you couldn't really miss the ears!

Tom said, no way can I wear them again. He doesn't want me taking away from the people who are actually on their honeymoon and I agree. So I just went on the disneyshopping website and there are 2 possibilities. I'm thinking either the silver headband with the purple and blue veil OR just the plain sparkly minnie ears. They'll be my anniversary ears!

What do you guys think?

Ears with veil...
http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-veiled-minnie-mouse-ears-headband-for-girls/p/1254641/70996/

Minnie ears...
http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-sequined-minnie-mouse-ears-headband/p/1254639/70996/

I love both but the black might be too hot attracting the sun.

I will be there the 3rd - 9th with DH, in-laws, and 2 boys( 12 & 2) that have never been before. Staying @ FW. REALLY wish we could have gone at another time but that was the only time we could all get off of work. I am scared but will try to make the best of it. I am hoping that it will be at least cloudy that week with no rain so at least it might not be so hot.:confused3:scared:

I went in June on my first wedding anv. and it was really hot but i remember it was not crowed we were lucky mid june and no lines but i carried a towel around with me all the time to wipe my face I sweat very easily its runs in my family. So I already know I will be sweaty but happy because I will be in my favorite place.

Summer is the only time we can go and not worry about taking the kids our of school because we are going to florida for two weeks not one and if I take them during school vacations in feb or april it will still be crowded.I figure we will all be hot and sweaty together.:dance3:

What do you guys think?

Ears with veil...

Minnie ears...

Oooh I love them both, can you get both? Or is that too much.

Ok had another look and I say you should go for the veiled ones, as they look like they are going to be super sparkly and the colours are quite soft too which will stand out against your dark hair :cutie:

I agree with most of you girlys about the hair situation. Up is the only way to go in that heat, although down occassionaly isn't too bad either, when its a bit cooler, or in the evening.

Welcome!!!! We can hope that it will be cloudy...but it's probably going to be sunny and very very hot!! Go in there thinking the worst and it can only be better! ;) :thumbsup2

Oh and please join our Official July 2010 thread! We can all plan together!!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247684

I love both but the black might be too hot attracting the sun.

Oooh I love them both, can you get both? Or is that too much.

Ok had another look and I say you should go for the veiled ones, as they look like they are going to be super sparkly and the colours are quite soft too which will stand out against your dark hair :cutie:

I agree with most of you girlys about the hair situation. Up is the only way to go in that heat, although down occassionaly isn't too bad either, when its a bit cooler, or in the evening.

Hmm, thanks for your opinions...

Still not sure. I'm kind of leaning toward the veiled one too...

What do you guys think?

Ears with veil...

Minnie ears...

I like them both, but I would pick the Ears with the veil - I admire those every time I see them in Disney, but DD would just die of embarrassment if I wore them......

Hmm, thanks for the opinions!

I do really like the veil one but as I was falling asleep last night (thinking about it), I remembered that the veil was a pain at times...taking my sling bag on and off, leaning back and having it pull and mostly, it made me hot! (That last one was probably in my head but when it's 95 degrees out any thing touching you can make you feel hotter. Plus, I do remember stuffing it up under my ponytail so i wouldn't get a weird veil tan line.

So....with all that, now I'm kind of leaning towards the black ones! Oh, I just don't know...maybe I can get the silver one and cut the veil a little? :confused3

Hi Nikki!

About the 'ears' decision... I've seen silver ones like the black sequin ones in the parks..
http://coolspotters.com/hats/minnie-mouse-ears-headband-in-silver-or-gold-sequin

Would those work? Or did you want to buy them before you got to WDW? :cutie:

Emma princess: xx

Those will totally work!! Why aren't they on the disneyshopping website?! Grrrr...maybe I'll contact merchandising...that's what I did when I ordered the bride and groom ears since it was before there was a disney parks section on the website.

Thanks so much!! I do remember seeing those now! Maybe I'll just wait until we get there.

I love the black ones hehe

I wanna buy the fuzzy black ones during the trip. Would I look trashy if I made myself a Minnie Mouse costume for Halloween?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter