What's the deal with Custom Crops?

Now I am in a full fledge panic!! All 3 phone numbers I have for them appear to be disconnected!!

Can anyone assist me with contact information?

Here is what I have:

877-563-1233
630-689-1147
800-348-9007

I am so dumb to order and not check it out first!!!

I am just sick over this!!

Amy

I was able to get through using the 1-800 number. I do see you are in Canada and I would bet they don't accept toll free calls from international locations.

The 630 number seems to be having issues but I didn't get the usual disconnection message. I get the rapid busy signal that generally indicates a circuit problem.

Send them an email. Before you panic, they are quite hit and miss. I was a 'hit' you may be too.

Thank you!!

The 630 number does that busy thing too, sometimes here it means the line has been disconnected, so I jumped to conclusions!! (PANIC!!)

They finally returned my emails and I am calming down. It was the phone numbers that scared me.

I am crossing my fingers I am a "hit" too!!

Amy

WARNING--Do not order from Custom Crops unless you are prepared to have a long wait and be very frustrated. I ordered a Zutter Bind-It-All on February 16th and just received it yesterday(March 10th). It was supposed to be "in stock" and ship in 5-7 days. I tried to contact them about the delay but it is impossible. The phone numbers on the website are ALWAYS busy and they don't respond to email. There is no way to check on your order. They certainly do not deliver as promised and I will NEVER order from them again. Too bad because their prices are great.

It has been 11 days for me, and I finally got a tracking number....that does not work!!

They are down right liars, I have to say. Everyday from day 3 they told me it would be shipped within 24 hours. They also said they would uprade it from Priority International to Express. They did not. I paid extra for Priority, and the item would've arrived in time, but now they are not going to :(

The final straw for me was this form letter from them saying that the tracking numnber may not work because of USPS and not them. Umm, NO!! I order from the US all the time and if the USPS site says that you package has not been received, it means all they have done is printed a label, but not actually mailed the package. They are bold faced liars, and it really makes me mad!!

I have filed a Paypal claim, so I guess we will see how it goes.

IMHO - spend the extra $$ and know you are actually going to get your items.

I will let you know when/if I ever get this order.

<snip>
The final straw for me was this form letter from them saying that the tracking numnber may not work because of USPS and not them. Umm, NO!! I order from the US all the time and if the USPS site says that you package has not been received, it means all they have done is printed a label, but not actually mailed the package. <snip>

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your order. :( But I wanted to say that the USPS tracking info can be useless. I ordered some things before Christmas that came via USPS & the tracking number continued to show the message you get when a label has been printed right up to the day my order was received. (And I was starting to be quite worried I wouldn't get my package I can tell you!) Somewhere on the USPS site it says that the information is only updated at night or something like that, but in my experience it isn't nearly that often. It depends on whether or not the package actually gets scanned at a facility.

It has been 15 days since I placed my order (with upgraded shipping to ensure quick receipt).

• The tracking number still does not work.
  • Paypal still has it listed as Pending Review.
  • I still have not received reply to my emails and the cannot get through on the phone.
  • I contacted BBB today as I am done with this. A reputable company would at least respond to emails as far as I am concerned.

Live and learn, I was so excited about the prices I did not thoroughly check them out. Ooops!!

In all the years I have shopped online this is the first time I have actually LOST money. I mean I have gotten misleading items off of Ebay , etc before, but I have never actually gotten nothing before. I think that in the 5 or 6 years of online shipping to only be out $135 US, I am probably doing OK - right? (It is sad when you start to expect to be ripped off online).

Oh well, I will keep you all posted.

Amy

Don't give up - I was in the same place four weeks back - their web site held one of their specials on Cricut carts - it said 2-4 business days to ship, well that turned into 14 days. I did get 2 emails with many excuses so I told the lady I was going to my message board and tell everyone what poor service they were providing. Amazingly I got a notice that it had been shipped. I have ordered from them once before with fast service then. Now, I'll think twice.

I ordered the Cuttlebug last Monday. The item has still not shipped..I emailed them Wed asking when it would ship and was told that it would ship Thursday.

I emailed them again Friday, got an apology and an offer of a 10.00 discount on my next purchase.

I emailed them back and asked for the tracking number after they said it had shipped. They gave me a tracking number and according to ups..this is the reponse I received..

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

I will never order from this company again. I ordered 73.00 of products. I'm beginning to think I will never see this purchase and I"m contacting the Better Business Bureau..

Better stay clear of this company!

I must say I am very disappointed. I placed an order **March** 1st, it was partially filled.
at that time I was told my cartridge would be in 3/27, that came and went , no cart.
Next email: Oh, we are so sorry..we are expecting it in on April 17th. Well 4/17 came, I emailed them on the 18th (sat) reply came today
"Oh, we apologize for the delay, we expect it on April 30th."
NOWHERE on the web site when I placed my order did it say anything about it being backordered (It does now)

It's already been SIX WEEKS since I ordered it. SIX WEEKS that they've had my money. Another TWO weeks?? THREE delays??

I'm getting (insert your favorite cuss word for angry here)
and starting to feel as if I've been "taken"
I just want what I paid for 6 weeks ago. It's already too late to do the project I had planned for it

blowing off steam here

4/21 Before I went to bed, I composed and sent an email to the vendor, detailing how unhappy I am, that it is illegal to charge for something not sent and some of the stories I've been sent. I cc the Chicago area BBB, and mentioned the Illinois Atty Gen office.

We'll see what happens..

Got a reply : nothing addressing my concerns, just a "notification of refund"

My return email to them last night:
Please: I didn't ask for a refund. I asked for my order to be complete.

Interesting that no one has responded to my email personally..not concerned
about making a customer happy? keeping a customer?
Why did it take the mention of the Illinois Attny General to even get the
response of a refund?

is anybody there? Does anybody care?

no response. Has anyone noticed that there is no physical address for them posted anywhere?

Interesting that others who ordered AFTER I did received their items and I'm still waiting.
:mad:

Maybe it's time for that letter to the AG's office If everyone did so, something might happen

Oh, does anyone know what name Custom Crops is using to sell on Ebay? I've done a few searches, but can't find Custom Crops there..I just want to AVOID any purchases with them

I ordered 4 Gypsy units through Custom Crops in November, they charged my credit card that day...I live in Canada, so also had to pay the exchange difference.

I was told that I'd get a confirmation note stating the products were shipped shortly.

One week later, nothing...two weeks later, I didn't have any confirmation from them that the product had been shipped. :confused3

The products were obviously Christmas presents, and we gave ample time to them.

I was told they were coming. :thumbsup2

3 weeks go by, and I sent yet another e-mail to say we still hadn't received a confirmation that it had been sent. :confused:

Janet helped me and said, they had NOT been shipped yet as they had been back ordered. :mad:

I was not given any e-mail stating this, I had assumed the products were coming.

So I asked when the shipment of units would get to them, she said on December 19! :sad2:

Of course the day after I would be leaving town on holidays.

And with 5 days before Christmas, there would be no way for it to get from there, through customs/border and to me in time.

I was so annoyed, I should have been told that they were back ordered, my credit card should not have been charged until the product was shipped.

So I had to cancel the order, as there was no way it'd get to us on time to give them to the friends/family who purchased them.

When I got home and got my MasterCard statement.... I LOST $70 due to the exchange rate being different on the day they charged me and on the day they refunded me.

It makes me wonder how often this happens to other people!

At the bottom of all her e-mails, she said "Custom Crops strives to be a 5 Star Business every day!".

I wouldn't give them 1 star for the poor service I got.

Didn't get a single product from them, yet I'm still out $70! :mad: :sad2:

I sent a note stating the above, that I shouldn't be out the $70 and they have yet to respond.

I won't shop there again. And I've spread the word to my scrapbooking friends too...there are lots of us; who won't shop there again.

I ordered two Storybook carts on cyber Monday, it took a little over a week for my order to arrive.

I just ordered two of the new Easter carts a few days ago, I am hoping that they will be here by the end of the week.

Vickey

After my previous posting above, I took advantage of a sale they ran before Christmas, and from start to finish "Ashlyn's Alphabet" took 8 days. I was pleased and emailed them to say so too. Got a nice email back saying they were happy this experience was better than the last (I'm sure they like good publicity). Guess it depends on what is in stock and when they actually get the order out.

Could I suggest trying Hallmark Scrapbook to all of you? They carry most of the items that you have mentioned.

I have placed many orders with them, and have been MORE than pleased with their prices and their customer service.

As a matter of fact, I placed an order with them last Tuesday. They e-mailed me my tracking number within 3 hours, and my package arrived on Friday.

I placed an order last Monday and it arrived tonight. No problems at all with the order. In fact, I've ordered from them several times (including cyber Monday) and this order took the longest to arrive I believe.

Brenda

I placed an order last Thursday and got shipment notification yesterday. Totally falls within their 3-5 business day turnaround, esp considering there was a holiday in there. Sent USPS Priority so I should have before the weekend :thumbsup2

They sure do take your money for an order and claim that orders ship in 1 business day....that appears to be a load of crap.

I placed an order late on Wed 9-26-12, so we'll call it Thurs 9-27-12. The address I am having them ship to is only good until Wed 10-03-12. According to their website it should have been shipped on Friday, right, so I didn't think this would be an issue? I tried calling Friday afternoon to see what the status was and got a message that "no customer service reps are available".....They are in Illinois and I called around 315pm, then I followed up with an e:mail at 3:26pm.

Today I called again at 10:50am and again get the message "no customer service reps are available".

This is terrible service and if/when I ever receive my order, I will not be ordering from them again. I doubt I will get my order before I leave from this address and will end up having to pay for my order to be sent to me.

Isn't it interesting there are so many posts on this thread - by people with only one post?

I have ordered from them before with no issues. HOWEVER, only through their website and never through ebay. I don't know how each one is run but I feel that the website service is a little better than what I hear from people when they have ordered through ebay. I actually got my expression during one of their black Friday sales, the price was too good to pass and it arrived within days of my order being placed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter