What's the most expensive thing you've purchased at Disney World?

The most expensive thing I've got was actually not from Disney...but, my DH had a solid gold mickey head that is outlined with diamonds pendant made for me for my wedding gift. I'll treasure it forever!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Bought DD a sterling silver charm bracelet & several of the more expensive charms for her 12th b-day (apx $120). DD treasured it :love: then lost it.

I found it and held it hostage in my jewlery box until her 13th bday and then re-gifted it to her :teeth:

We bought the Mickey/Minnie wedding snow globe for our DD's shower from her dad -- I think it was between $75 and $100. -- but don't remember the exact amount. :bride:

Bf bought a pair of sunglasses in DTD for about $200
It seems like every vacation from Disney we end up purchasing another piece of luggage...it all matches and we love it! So, tack on another $150

For the last few years we have purchased a piece of disney art each trip- between $150 and 300, really love that it's something that will hopefully appreciate in value, and we can look at it every day and remember our trip!!

So far my most expensive purchase has been a princess snowglobe where all the princess except Cinderella are walking down a staircase surrounding the globe that Cinderella is in. Well worth the $90 plus tax!

Next May, however, I am seriously considering plunking down the $425 for a Tim Rogerson giclee print of my favorite guy Goofy. I've had my eye on it for a long time!

I *THINK* THE most $$ thing I have purchased was a Charm for my bracelet..Solid gold Soceror mickey in the 300.00 range....... other then our DISNEY CRUise that was $ 9,000+ last year :lmao: does that count?

I purchased a leather jacket at the disney store at DTD. It celebrated Walt's 100 birthday and looks like a bomber jacket with Mickey on the back. It was pricey but it looks so cool.

We bought a BIG FIG in MK for $200.00. It looks great in our Disney themed family room!

In 2004 I bought DH a cuckoo clock in Germany, it was $995.00. In 2005 he bought me 2 painting from the artist place at MGM, one was Bambi in the snow covered forest for $395, and one of the castle with Tinkerbell for $595. Same trip DH bought me a halycon days enamal box with Tinkerbell on it for $160. We like to spoil each other...in 2003 that's when we went alone and bought into the DVC...but that doesn't count on here!!!!! :wizard:

The most expensive item was our Sorcerer Mickey framed cell (with matching pin in the frame). :lovestruc :lovestruc :wizard: It's hanging near my bedroom door upstairs in the hallway. I look at it every day & never get tired of it. :sunny:

We spent around $60.00 for a sweatshirt (a sweatshirt??!!) at one of the shops on Main Street at MK - that is my biggest Disney purchase so far.

When we were there over Mothers Day hubby bought me a huge music box with most of the Disney Characters on it. It has a monorail that goes around as it plays Zip a dee do da. It was $225.

We love Disney animation cels and we currently have 6 in our house. We haven't bought any at WDW yet but will probably pick up a new one on our Dec. trip. They run around $300. So far we've bought 1 at DL and 2 on the Disney Magic. The rest came from our local Disney Store. I can't wait to see what kind of cels they have at WDW.l :banana:

$1,200 for Mickey head Diamond Earings, from Downtown Disney store, given to my wife when we got home. She was so surprised.

$295 for blue Leather MGM jacket.

Well....since you asked.....

The occassion???? We're celebrating my 40th birthday & my whole family's meeting us there! (My dad & stepmom and my sissie & her family!)

When we go this December my DH is buying me a diamond ring during our stay and he has $2,000 saved for it. He saw one in 2000 when we were there, but we didn't have the extra money. Then of course we had to drool (I mean look) again at the baubbles even though we didn't have any extra $ when we went in 2001.

Funny thing about the ring.....my 40th bday present was to be the trip, and now my present is the ring! Gowsh I love this man!

I am also planning on making a doll in Germany for my daughter that looks like her and purchasing a crystal Donald Duck, or some other Donald Duck that is a once in a lifetime splurge!

Sigh - I love WDW!

We bought the Lego table and chairs from the Lego store in DTD and had it shipped to La. The UPS deliver dropped the box on my front porch and the pieces went flying all over the place. We called them to pick the package back up since we weren't sure if everything was there (and b/c of some scratches we noticed). They sent us a new table. Total cost was about $350.00. The peace and quiet I get when my kids are engrossed in it? PRICELESS!!!

DH bought me a Mickey icon gold pendant with CZs and necklace. It was $400+. I didn't want him to spend that much, but it goes so well with my earrings and charm bracelet. :)

A bottle of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Around $62.00 + tax, if I remember correctly!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter