What's the most expensive thing you've purchased at Disney World?

Bought DW a black pearl and gold ring for valentines day one year $180, at the pearl factory in animal kingdom (I think that was the name of the company anyhow???) well any way she loves it :sunny:

i have never had that much money to spend at WDW, so I started saving up in July....I think the most expensive thing was a gift for my DSis and it totaled to about $35....I will have much more money this trip....It will be the first year I ever spent my birthday money on myself (I usually use it for christmas shopping....and will end up buying stuff for other people most likely....since I'm just like that. I always feel guilty for buying myself stuff, that my best friend told me they are making sure I spend my birthday money on me, but will allow me to bring stuff home for my older DSis :) )

:blush: Evidently I'm just cheap.

I spent $28 on a green tote bag with a sparkly Tinkerbell on the front flap just a few weeks ago and I debated all week about whether or not it was worth the $28.

That was the most expensive thing we bought all week....and we didn't buy much either.

Each kid had $35 of their own money to spend on ANYTHING then we spent $20 on each. Plus 2 things of lemonade ($8) for the dog sitter & cat sitter...and a photo album to put all of our pictures in, $20. That is all we spent.

it was a dvc membership purchased while at disney. the other items consist of a citzens echo-drive watch in 2004 (it will run forever without batteries and has mm on the face). next was a gold mm signet ring and mm jackets for my daughter and myself (the fact that it turned cold was a good excuse).

i keep telling myself not to do that again. :rolleyes1 -------------------------- :stir: i feel that witches brew :dance3:

I collect dolls so a couple of dolls from The Art of Disney at Disney World (EPCOT) and another couple at the one in the World of Disney in Downtown Disneyland. I also bought many souvenirs for the 50th anniversary and one of the packages for the 50th in Disneyland. The most expensive Disney thing that I have bought was a painting $$$$ but I bought it at an art auction.

Not the most expensive but the most over priced.... A water bottle with a battery powered fan (ice water included) $ 18.00. It was 98 at AK. I wonder if the price goes down with the temp ?

Mike P.

perkinselectric said:
Not the most expensive but the most over priced.... A water bottle with a battery powered fan (ice water included) $ 18.00. It was 98 at AK. I wonder if the price goes down with the temp ?

Mike P.
They're like, half that at Wal-Mart... doesn't it make you sick!

We bought a Cinderella Snowglobe for the cake table at our wedding. It's a double globe, with the tall part of the castle inside the globe, and Cinderella and Charming coming down the stairs, and the castle wall, and the coach, horses, ect. around the outside. I still love looking at it.

I bought a large carved giraffe from the AKL that is about 3ft tall. It so beautiful and definitely worth the $95 I spent on it.

Most Expensive Ever? Probably when my wife and I were teenagers and went to Epcot- it got cold that night and I bought us both sweatshirts from the Mexico attraction. Not so much $$ but I remember thinking it was at the time! :love:

Most Expensive Recently? Probably $250 tinkerbell ear rings for my 6yo daughter that now mom won't let her wear because she is afraid she will loose them. :rolleyes1

In May 06 while visiting on vacation we decided to buy a townhome! LOL...so about $250k?!

Not quite a purchase on the WDW property per se but it's the most expensive vacation souvenir by far I've ever taken home with me! Of course...now I can keep going to Disney and feed our hungry family Disney appetite regularly a lot easier now! hehe

Not sure if it was the most expensive thing I have bought, cause there has been alot of thing bought at WDW... but starting in 2003 when my dd was 1.5 years old and I had a doll made for her at Germany (we picked everything out... so it would look like her) that ran me about $200. But she loves it and it has become a tradition!!
DSC01411.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

I would have to say my most expensive purchase has to be a snowglobe each year for around $100.00. I started collecting them a few years ago and Disney has the best by far! I swear I could go crazy in the World of Disney!!! Now that I have a daughter to buy for, I'm sure I'll find something new to collect for her too!

Oh for me that's easy...We celebrated DH birthday in style at WDW 2 years ago.

It was a first class trip all the way...we flew down first class, stayed at Savannah View at AKL and rented a luxury car to use during our stay.

While Kelly (my dh) slept a few hours when we first arrived, I quickly went down to DTD and bought his Birthday pressie....a WDW Leather Jacket with patches commemorating the opening of each WDW park. Quite lovely and he is still wearing it proudly...my cost $400. Worth every penny, he so loves that jacket :)

:wizard: Mike :wizard:

Mine to date has only been $65. I got it in 2004, the mock up toy of Cinderellas Castle. But, my dd played with it for long after we got home.. and it is still in her room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter