Whats the point of 'Community Board' forum?

:scratchin Is there anything about this process that you could explain to us, Dan? Sometimes just understanding makes things a little more palatable. The seemingly capricious nature of having posts deleted, threads poofed and the ever-lurking danger of points (none of which ever receive an explanation when sincere enquires are made) often puts a damper on wanting to participate meaningfully in some of the "meatier" threads.
I hear you, @ronandannette, good, valid questions. And I ask also. Familiar, yes. But I'm too far removed timewise to give you a good, current answer. Someone will get back to us here and bring us up to date as to where we are. Hang tight for a bit.

I hear you, @ronandannette, good, valid questions. And I ask also. Familiar, yes. But I'm too far removed timewise to give you a good, current answer. Someone will get back to us here and bring us up to date as to where we are. Hang tight for a bit.
I think, for me at least, I've given up on trying to have "edgy" conversations here. I'll save that for the classroom and will just spend the time learning about people's cereal habits or thoughts on chili or pocket meat. It's kind of a nice diversion when the world is a dumpster fire. Plus, there are some really nice folks here.

I think, for me at least, I've given up on trying to have "edgy" conversations here. I'll save that for the classroom and will just spend the time learning about people's cereal habits or thoughts on chili or pocket meat. It's kind of a nice diversion when the world is a dumpster fire. Plus, there are some really nice folks here.
No, Lord, don't give up the 'edgy'. I've (and I know others have also) really enjoyed your contributions here over the past months since June, even if you registered 8 years ago and then 'disappeared' after only 2 posts.. Keep the 'edge' going. :surfweb:

No, Lord, don't give up the 'edgy'. I've (and I know others have also) really enjoyed your contributions here over the past months since June, even if you registered 8 years ago and then 'disappeared' after only 2 posts.. Keep the 'edge' going. :surfweb:
Thanks @Dan Murphy . I appreciate that. I'll try. Yeah, I registered 8 years ago, then went to grad school, which took some time! LOL

Not so much any more, nut I used to think it was for some folks to practice their creative writing.:D
You are not that far off tbh

I haven’t done a poll on Cheetos in a long time - I may have to revisit this topic soon.
Love the flamin hot ones - just don't eat a whole bag - enough said.

talk of politics have been discontinued
I did not know that - I guess its mostly discussed indirectly now

I tend to view it as a forum for people who used to attend Disney parks but outgrew or got tired of them.
Yup.

I'm mostly here killing time here keeping my mind sort of working. I was a long time lurker and finally joined 20 years ago. Was a big Disney fan back them, but not so much anymore. Took many a beating for my views on Disney going down hill and it does seem that is many more people these days. I can recall arguing about the poutine at Disney for several days. For me if it does not have cheese curds its not poutine - its just cheese fries with gravy - still good though. I think we need a poll ;)
Still I like to keep up on what is going on at Disney and hope it will get better. No doubt I am team Universal now.

What brough me here is the latest posts lists - something will peek my interest and ill comment on it.

There are some good discussion here and lots of posters I like, but I do feel these serious discussion tend to deteriorate into one side vs the other and no middle ground for the most part. People picking out words in posts in a manner that is similar to the old days when people would go to some ones grammar or spelling when they had nothing else to fall back on. Also people who are here for a very short time and half there ;) posts are on one thread. Seems odd to me. Its possible they are just that interested in the topic - I just question it in my head and walk away.

Its also not worthwhile to get into facts for the most part as they are almost automatically thrown into the bucket of left wing looney or far right conspiracy theorist. I've pretty much been called both. I guess that is a good thing in some ways.

The problem for me is it eventually shuts down the actual conversation as people are tip toeing around things and maybe don't post. I've written many a long posts in responses and decided not to bother - just not worth it.

More often than not I just walk away from it (so I guess they win) or the thread disappears.

Yeah - this is another Community Board post that is way too long - I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter