When do the pre-adventure boxes arrive - or have they stopped that?

CarrianneB

Mouseketeer
We are less than a month out from our first ABD and have received no additional information other than the initial paperwork and a reminder email to have a passport about a month ago. Does anyone know if they still send a box in advance or if it's just "show up" the day of?

Good Question. I have a much longer time to wait but I wonder the same thing. I'm going on the Backstage Magic trip in October and I'm wondering when we will know more detailed information or receive and itinerary or ANYTHING more than the generic info. I'm dying for more details and I have to wait about 240 days! lol!

Last year our box came just shy of a month before our departure date. At minimum ABD needs to send the booklet with all of the emergency contact numbers before you leave for your trip. When I booked our 2014 trip they said they were still sending the backpacks so I assumed there would still be a box. Did you book through a travel agent? If so, they might have your box.

It seems that the boxes have been arriving closer to the departure date.

In the box is the pre-departure handbook and the sorriest excuse for a backpack that anyone has ever seen.

The box itself is very cool.

It seems that the boxes have been arriving closer to the departure date. In the box is the pre-departure handbook and the sorriest excuse for a backpack that anyone has ever seen. The box itself is very cool.

Ouch! Lol. Didn't "love" the new backpack, but after 3 of the old version, it was nice to have a different style. Not as sturdy - wouldn't use it for heavy duty hiking, but neat for a beach bag or day bag. And the duffle is perfect for the days your luggage is needed very early.

:-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ouch! Lol. Didn't "love" the new backpack, but after 3 of the old version, it was nice to have a different style. Not as sturdy - wouldn't use it for heavy duty hiking, but neat for a beach bag or day bag. And the duffle is perfect for the days your luggage is needed very early.

Just a note for first time Adventurers...

ABD provides a small grey and orange duffle, usually upon arrival.

These are not included in the pre-departure box.

And the above is the nicest thing I have ever heard about the provided "backpack".

Hopefully our box will come soon - we booked through ABD directly (with Costco) so the box should be coming directly to us. Thanks all for the heads up on the backpacks. Just one more item for the giveaway pile I guess. Still really excited - less than a month to go!

Our adventure starts on 3/15, and we received our box about 2 weeks ago...great excitement! We booked through Costco too, so that wouldn't explain an added delay. You might call ABD and just ask about the status. They're pretty patient with questions like that, as they understand the excitement! :thumbsup2

We leave in exactly 3 weeks and we have not received ours yet. if I don't receive in a few more days, I will call them.

Molly Girl - I leave in exactly three weeks as well. My two calls this week got me a pdf email of the welcome book, but no indication that they were sending a box any time soon.

Molly Girl - I leave in exactly three weeks as well. My two calls this week got me a pdf email of the welcome book, but no indication that they were sending a box any time soon.

Called this morning. I was told our box was mailed out on Feb 18th :confused3
but we never received it. Was told that they are going to re-send it and to expect it sometime this week. My parents and sister never received their boxes either. Our adventure starts in less then a month.

It seems that the boxes have been arriving closer to the departure date. In the box is the pre-departure handbook and the sorriest excuse for a backpack that anyone has ever seen. The box itself is very cool.
we received a brown "sack" and a hessian grocery bag style bag. Not sure if this is the normal offering or if overseas travellers get something that is light and cheap to mail. In any event, even though I am not excited about the contents , it was super fun to get a tangible reminder that our South East Asia trip is next month!

we received a brown "sack" and a hessian grocery bag style bag. Not sure if this is the normal offering or if overseas travellers get something that is light and cheap to mail. In any event, even though I am not excited about the contents , it was super fun to get a tangible reminder that our South East Asia trip is next month!
Any chance you could post photos of what you got? I have to admit, the description does *not* sound great... :worried:

Sayhello

I have a photo but am completely clueless as to how to put it on the DIS site. If you can direct me to instructions I am happy to try!

I have a photo but am completely clueless as to how to put it on the DIS site. If you can direct me to instructions I am happy to try!
First upload it to any site that gives you an URL for the photo (like photobucket or snapfish or flickr). Then, in the DIS editor, hit the button that looks like a picture of a mountain with the sun over it. Paste the URL into the popup you get, hit OK, and it will insert the photo wherever your cursor is.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions than that!

Sayhello

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv635%3Enu%3D4556%3E499%3E933%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C9%3B%3A424%3A33%3Cnu0mrj

Hope this works!

Thanks, for posting the pics, austraveler. Were these for an adult and child or did you just get two different things for adults? When I booked this year's trip I asked if we would have a choice like last year, and ABD told me no, everybody would be getting backpacks. But it looks like they aren't send backpacks at all. I told them I didn't want another backpack - that they could just keep it. They told me to give it away. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter