When do the pre-adventure boxes arrive - or have they stopped that?

austraveler, is that everything you got? Was there anything actually *in* the bags?

Sayhello

Thanks, for posting the pics, austraveler. Were these for an adult and child or did you just get two different things for adults? When I booked this year's trip I asked if we would have a choice like last year, and ABD told me no, everybody would be getting backpacks. But it looks like they aren't send backpacks at all. I told them I didn't want another backpack - that they could just keep it. They told me to give it away. :rolleyes2

We didn't have a choice last year for our SE Asia ABD. They sent the sheet that you could choose what you wanted, but they ended up just sending those awful green backpacks which I think we tossed. On the trip itself we received a surprise orange duffel bag. I liked the style of it, but unfortunately ours broke. The handle strap ripped right off the bag itself after a month or so of traveling. I appreciate the gesture, but if they're going to give gifts, I wish they would rotate through 2 or 3 high quality ones - backpacks, hat's, a fleece or anything that is made well, not cheaply. Maybe I'm biased, but I think ABD should represent the best that Disney Parks and Resorts has to offer. Their surprise gifts to promote new trips, such as The Sound of Music Bluray, on the other hand are very impressive.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv635%3Enu%3D4556%3E499%3E933%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C9%3B%3A424%3A33%3Cnu0mrj

Hope this works!

Thanks for the pic. This looks a lot better than last year's backpack. I'm not sure I would take a tote on an ABD, but maybe it would be a good beach bag?
Edit - and pretty fancy with that dust bag. LV, look out!

Hope this works!

Thanks for showing. The brown bag looks like a shoe bag or lingerie bag for packing. I like the tote bag myself. How many backpacks foes one family need? Lol

Deciding on our third ABD. Wonder which bag we'll end up with!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We didn't have a choice last year for our SE Asia ABD. They sent the sheet that you could choose what you wanted, but they ended up just sending those awful green backpacks which I think we tossed. On the trip itself we received a surprise orange duffel bag. I liked the style of it, but unfortunately ours broke. The handle strap ripped right off the bag itself after a month or so of traveling. I appreciate the gesture, but if they're going to give gifts, I wish they would rotate through 2 or 3 high quality ones - backpacks, hat's, a fleece or anything that is made well, not cheaply. Maybe I'm biased, but I think ABD should represent the best that Disney Parks and Resorts has to offer. Their surprise gifts to promote new trips, such as The Sound of Music Bluray, on the other hand are very impressive.

I got to choose last year and selected two travel balnkets. Later, I think they ran out of everything except the backpacks. I agree with you. I wish they would rotate the gifts. I have 8 duffle bags, but that's a little different since they give it to you after you arrive. If the brown bag is for laundry, that's not a bad idea.

I got to choose last year and selected two travel balnkets. Later, I think they ran out of everything except the backpacks. I agree with you. I wish they would rotate the gifts. I have 8 duffle bags, but that's a little different since they give it to you after you arrive. If the brown bag is for laundry, that's not a bad idea.

. Laundry bag?....to tell you the truth I wish they would forgo the "gifts" and do your laundry half way through your trip. Now that would be a real gift to me.:thumbsup2

austraveler, is that everything you got? Was there anything actually *in* the bags? Sayhello
in the bag was a travel case (ipad size) with the travel booklet and luggage tags in it. We have two bookings - one for 1 adult and 1 child, and one for 2 children (my husband is missing out on our holiday this year) Both boxes had the same thing in them. We do plan to use the sack bags for laundry.

I am really not troubled by the usefulness or otherwise of the box contents. The travel booklet is full of fun information and the box arrival brought home the realisation that our trip is just around the corner. First ABD for us!

in the bag was a travel case (ipad size) with the travel booklet and luggage tags in it. We have two bookings - one for 1 adult and 1 child, and one for 2 children (my husband is missing out on our holiday this year) Both boxes had the same thing in them. We do plan to use the sack bags for laundry.

I am really not troubled by the usefulness or otherwise of the box contents. The travel booklet is full of fun information and the box arrival brought home the realisation that our trip is just around the corner. First ABD for us!
Thanks! I don't suppose I could talk you into posting a picture of the travel case & luggage tags? :)

And yes, the main purpose of the box is the excitement that "OMG, our trip is really coming up SOON!"

Sayhello

Cool. Looks nice. How big is the [iPad] case? Enough for a regular iPad? What are the green luggage tags sitting in and what is the large case on the very bottom? Very nice luggage tags.

I see you're heading to SE Asia. We did that last year. Such a great trip. I have a trip report floating around here somewhere. You'll have a terrific time.

Cool. Looks nice. How big is the [iPad] case? Enough for a regular iPad? What are the green luggage tags sitting in and what is the large case on the very bottom? Very nice luggage tags.

I see you're heading to SE Asia. We did that last year. Such a great trip. I have a trip report floating around here somewhere. You'll have a terrific time.
Here's a link to your SE Asia Trip Report. :) I love your report; it's really tempted me to take this trip. I think ABD has really missed the boat here; our Trip Reports are the best advertisement there is for their trips. :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3127801

Sayhello

I was told today that the tablet cases were for Junior Adventurers. I'd like one of those for me! I'm so glad they changed from those awful backpacks of last year!

I was told today that the tablet cases were for Junior Adventurers. I'd like one of those for me! I'm so glad they changed from those awful backpacks of last year!
I want one for me, too! :( It's nice. This stuff all looks nice!

Sayhello

There is a softer case that fits both ipad 1 and ipad 2. It is not particularly well padded but would do for basic protection. We received one of these. The case with the green luggage tags is leather or a pretty good vinyl (can't tell) with a carrying strap. It is relatively heavy and quite narrow. It also fits both size iPads and is a lot sturdier than the soft case. We received two of these.

I hope I have not spoiled the surprise for anyone!

The trip report is wonderful and has me very excited.

I am so glad they got rid of the hideous bags from last year I think I threw it in the garbage. I wish they would go back to the bags they had in 2009 and 2010 those were nice backpacks and useful.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I agree they should rotate 3-4 high quality items rather than low quality items that no one will ever use. The backpacks they gave out in 2007 were great! I got a lot of use out of it with a lot of heavy books in it, the smaller green backpack was nice too but how many backpacks do you need.

I miss the Mickey head luggage tags. Those were great :)

Just made my final payment. Looking forward to my box

Just received our preadventure box today. Our trip is 6 weeks away. Maybe they are being sent out earlier. Similar to the pictures already posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter