When to leave DL to go to LAX

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
We are going this weekend, Monday when we have to leave DL and drive to LAX what would be a good time to leave if we have to be there at 5:00pm

Is 5 when you leaving LAX or you have to be there to start checking in? You want to allow plenty of time for LA traffic.

Can I butt in on this thread? I have the same questions. I'm going to be going to Anaheim from Torrance on a Sunday morning (from a hotel, so there's no planes to worry about). If I want to get to DL right around opening time at 9am, when should I leave to allow plenty of time. I have to go to the GCH first to see about checking in and storing my bags, although I guess since I'll have a car I could just go on into the parks.

Then I'm leaving on Tuesday night on a midnight flight from LAX. DL closes at 8pm that night AND I JUST CHECKED AND THEY HAVE FIREWORKS SCHEDULED FOR 8PM THAT NIGHT NOW! :Pinkbounc How long do the fireworks last? Will I have time to stay and watch them?!? I'll need to return my rental car at LAX.

And I'm NOT familiar with driving in LA.

I think you will have time to see the fireworks. I would leave your car parked at the hotel and walk over to it after the fireworks instead of parking in the DL lots. You will avoid a lot of traffic that way.

Monday is Labor Day and I expect A LOT of traffic traveling to LAX, around LAX and in LAX. I would think at least 90 minutes for travel from Anaheim to LAX. Do you have a car to return? Add time for that too. I try to get to LAX at least 2 hours before flight departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter