Where are we all eating?

Busy Busy

DIS Veteran
We were lucky enough to get free dining when we booked, and with all of the planning that I have done so that I could make my reservations 180 days in advance, it feels like I have been looking forward to these meals FOREVER!

We will pay out of pocket for some meals - still working out which ones, but to think that most of these will be free just makes me excited to figure out what I can spend the money that we saved on!

So, I was hoping that some of you could share your ADR's. Mine are below - and I know that there are zillions, but we are a character crazy family (became addicted at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure) - and it may well end up that the sight of me by the pool in the Bahamas after our 12 days in WDW just may prompt a call to Greenpeace!! :scared1:

WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER

Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe (eating at the resort after a long day travelling)

THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Tusker House
Dinner - 'Ohana

FRIDAY 23 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Crystal Palace
Dinner - T-Rex Cafe

SATURDAY 24 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Akershus
Dinner - Rose & Crown (Pommy DH goes back to his roots!)

SUNDAY 25 SEPTEMBER

Lunch - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
Dinner - Hoop De Doo Review

MONDAY 26 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Cape May
Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe - dinner with friends from home

TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER

No ADR's today - probably go to a water park - then we have MNSSHP

WEDNESDAY 28 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table (squealing with excitement!)
Dinner - Grand Floridian Cafe

THURSDAY 29 SEPTEMBER

Afternoon Tea - Garden View Tea Room (with DD7 - boys are doing, um, who cares?!)
Dinner - Teppan Edo

FRIDAY 30 SEPTEMBER

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's (still not convinced about this one - will probably change it)
Dinner - 1900 Park Fare (with friends from home after our DD and their DD's have been to BBB)

SATURDAY 1 OCTOBER

Kennedy Space Centre

SUNDAY 2 OCTOBER

Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare
Dinner - Crystal Palace (so that we can have our last walk down Main Street....sob)

MONDAY 3 OCTOBER

Pack, leave, cry, wait at the airport, fly to the Bahamas, instantly stop crying!!

There it all is - I'm exhausted just typing it!! Looking forward to seeing everybody else's.

I'll be breakfasting with you at the Crystal Palace on the 23rd Busy Busy!

My reservations are still a work in progress, but so far look like this:

19 or 20 Sep -
Lunch - Ariel's Grotto (Disneyland)

18-21 Sep -
Breakfast every day at Rainforest Cafe as part of package (all Disneyland side)

Thursday 22 Sep -
Breakfast - Tusker House
Dinner TBC ? Garden Grill if a good timeslot becomes available?

Friday 23 Sep -
Breakfast - Crystal Palace (snap Busy Busy!)

Saturday 24 Sep -
Breakfast - Hollywood and Vine (wasn't going to do this as I'm not really into Handy Manny/Oso... but my girls are! And it's pre-park opening.
Lunch - Sci Fi Dine-in Theatre
Dinner - California Grill (I've booked this especially to see the fireworks. We watched the fireworks from 'Ohana back in 2004 and it was the most amazing experience of fireworks we've ever had. The vista is incredible, and seeing the fireworks timed to the music being piped into the restaurant... yeah, I want to do that again. CG is a better menu for DH and my girls than 'Ohana which is why I've gone here).

Sunday 25 Sep
This day is potentially too busy - but still a work in progress as I figure out what I want to change, and how. A nap break sometime during the day might be enough to recharge batteries but we may lose too many hours doing that too. Ideally I would swap Garden Grill to another night I think (we have park hopper tix) or ditch it.
Breakfast - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Dinner - The Garden Grill Restaurant (5.30pm)
Wishes Dessert Party (8.10) - Not absolutely 100% sure on keeping this. I really want to do it, but it might be too much for the kids. Will keep tabs on how they go at the beginning of the holiday but am certainly thinking of it as a keeper right now!

26 Sep -
Breakfast - 'Ohana - would like it a little later than the current 7.40am!
Dinner - Fulton's Crab house (v. likely to change)

Dinner 27 Sep or breakfast 1 October - Cafe @ American Girl Place, New York (Not quite Disney but I think my girls will love it, I plan to let them pick out a doll each and I will pick out some outfits for Christmas presents :D )

...Ask me in a week and I bet this looks really different!! I can't believe how many different bookings do eventually come up, especially as I only worked out the whole "you can book now" thing a couple of weeks ago lol. Keeping my eyes peeled!

We're not quite as planned as you yet. Our trip is still almost a year away. But initial thoughts are: CRT breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast - both of which we've done before. Others we are repeating - California Grill and T-Rex. New for us - Raglan Road, LeChef's de France, Rose and Crown, House of Blue's and Wishes Dessert Party. We may add a few others also but not sure yet.

Edit: Some I completey forgot that we have planned for:
Boma (that we have done before) and Cape May dinner. DH and I are also hoping we can sneak away for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts. I was thinking that the kids could do one of the kids clubs, which they love, while we do this. Also heading back for a Kitchen Sink. This is something else the kids love.

Wishes Dessert Party (8.10) - Not absolutely 100% sure on keeping this. I really want to do it, but it might be too much for the kids. Will keep tabs on how they go at the beginning of the holiday but am certainly thinking of it as a keeper right now!

Franrose - have the terms and conditions for the WDP changed? When I went last year, you needed to pay up front at time of the booking; and then there was a no cancellation policy within 48 hours of the event? The T&C may have changed from last year but if you don't know for sure, you might want to check this up.

No way,
Busy Busy we have an ADR at Whispering Canyon on the 21st of Sept - what time do you have? We are at 6:20!

This is the meal my son is looking forward to most, I havent told them of the antics in the restaurant, but he loves ribs, so I said he should order the skillet - he is taking at as a challenge!! This kid is 150cm and weighs under 40kg -:rotfl2:

I know a lot of food is going to be wasted on my family, but I love free dining and being able to order off the adult menu for them. I would never have ordered this if we were paying OOP.

Others are:

Saturday 17th - Boma
Sunday 18th - Ohana
Monday 19th - San Angel Inn
Tuesday 20th - 50s Prime time Cafe
Wednesday 21st - Lunch - Tonys Town Square
Dinner - Whispering Canyon
Thursday 22nd - Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg
Friday 23rd - Lunch - Sanaa
Dinner - Narcoosees

Franrose - have the terms and conditions for the WDP changed? When I went last year, you needed to pay up front at time of the booking; and then there was a no cancellation policy within 48 hours of the event? The T&C may have changed from last year but if you don't know for sure, you might want to check this up.

Yup, I've paid :thumbsup2

If I cancel it, it won't be on the day, it will be in the week or so beforehand. By then we will have had a week at Disney on the west coast so I'll have an idea of how my kids are coping with the time changes, travel and busy days. I'm really hoping they'll be ok if we take breaks in the day! My youngest is also a little bit scared of loud noises etc with fireworks, so I know that she'll enjoy the California Grill experience, and by the time we're in FL I'll know how she's coping with fireworks etc closer up.

This is the reason I've decided to forgo a Halloween Party experience, I think that would be too much, but I'm hoping Wishes will be ok.

I looked at the T-Rex cafe last night on Youtube too, alas I've figured we'll have to rule that one out this time too (too scary for Miss 4!!).

Yup, I've paid :thumbsup2

If I cancel it, it won't be on the day, it will be in the week or so beforehand. By then we will have had a week at Disney on the west coast so I'll have an idea of how my kids are coping with the time changes, travel and busy days. I'm really hoping they'll be ok if we take breaks in the day! My youngest is also a little bit scared of loud noises etc with fireworks, so I know that she'll enjoy the California Grill experience, and by the time we're in FL I'll know how she's coping with fireworks etc closer up.

This is the reason I've decided to forgo a Halloween Party experience, I think that would be too much, but I'm hoping Wishes will be ok.

I looked at the T-Rex cafe last night on Youtube too, alas I've figured we'll have to rule that one out this time too (too scary for Miss 4!!).

:thumbsup2

DS was also scared of fireworks. The Tomorrowland Terrace was great from that perspective. It was mostly undercover and you had a seat to go back to, if the kids were scared. It wasn't overly crowded and most people had a view at the front. It is a side-on look at the castle; but we went predominantly for the desserts. ;)

If you've ruled out T-Rex; what about Rainforest Cafe? It too has that rainforest coming to life and thunderstorms/lightning going off every 20 minutes or so.

Yes, definitely doing Rainforest Cafe - every morning for breakfast at Disneyland apparently! LOL! Hope they have a yummy breakfast menu ;)

Here's a question I meant to ask, what are you guys putting for your contact phone number? I had been putting in DH's mobile number with the country code and everything, only to find that the booking system chops off the first few numbers anyway so all my bookings have a phone number next to them which probably won't even work (or they'll work and end up calling someone completely random in the US lol!). I believe we'll have SIMs over there, but have no idea of the number this far out.

Busy Busy - Your ADRs look great! It is so much food! We loved Tusker House, T-Rex and Ohana. Crystal Palace the food was delicious but character interaction just so so. CRT is just a great experience!

Franrose - Yours looks amazing too. I really want to try the Wishes dessert party!! Why not change to Tusker House for breakfast at AK instead of Rainforest Cafe? It is a buffet so there would be something for everyone! Just a suggestion though. ;)

Battymum - The only one I've tried from your list is Ohana. I hope you review all of them!

How hilarious, I read this morning that we will be eating at Crystal Palace on the same morning as Franrose and her family (23.9.11), and then I went and told my husband - honestly - he was already shaking his head when he found out about us all leaving within days of each other - even Bondgirl is on the same flight as us......but then this news - his eyes were rolling and I knew what he was thinking - "oh no - more people for her to talk to!!!"....yep!! :rolleyes2

So now I see that we will be at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the same time as Battymum and family - just wait until I tell him!!! :rotfl:

So, we are at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6.45pm on Wednesday 21st September. It will be our first night in WDW, and I haven't told my kids about what the staff get up to there either......insert evil laughter.......so I'm looking forward to it SO MUCH!! By the way, my son will look at that skillet as a challenge too - you should have seen him devour BBQ chicken wings last night - he ate a whole hen house full!! DH will hit it hard too!!

Battymum will pick us a mile away - one of the reasons that we had to choose Wilderness Lodge is that giant lobby - it's the only one at WDW that our son can stand upright in!! (I kid......but he is pretty tall!) ;)

The we will be at Crystal Palace at 8.25am on Friday 23rd September - first time in the Magic Kingdom for DH and both kids - prepare to see me with a red, tear stained face after doing the Main Street thing with them....gives me goosebumps as I write this! :cloud9:

How exciting that we might be able to say hi and have a quick hug....this makes me so happy, happy, happy, happy, happy!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

By the way Franrose, we ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and is was lovely. I booked it in advance from home and we ate in the "thunderstorm room"! It was gorgeous - and will definitely wake you up if you're there for breakfast!! :scared1:

It's really close to the monorail station that takes you straight into Disneyland too - so it's a great place to start your day.

Or...you could walk through Downtown Disney to the main gates, past lovely shops like World of Disney, Quiksilver, Roxy and my favourite - Sephora - that place is Disneyland for mums!! :love:

How hilarious, I read this morning that we will be eating at Crystal Palace on the same morning as Franrose and her family (23.9.11), and then I went and told my husband - honestly - he was already shaking his head when he found out about us all leaving within days of each other - even Bondgirl is on the same flight as us......but then this news - his eyes were rolling and I knew what he was thinking - "oh no - more people for her to talk to!!

we will be at Crystal Palace at 8.25am on Friday 23rd September - first time in the Magic Kingdom for DH and both kids - prepare to see me with a red, tear stained face after doing the Main Street thing with them....gives me goosebumps as I write this! :cloud9:

How exciting that we might be able to say hi and have a quick hug....this makes me so happy, happy, happy, happy, happy!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh, your husband is going to be thrilled. Our res is 8.30am!! :rotfl:

Mum from Oz - Tusker House is what I am hoping for! Am stalking the reservation site frequently for a reservation to become available! :D

(I just got Sci Fi for our HS day too, hooray!)

Okay, here are our ADR's:

Saturday 01 October:

Tusker House - pre-park opening breakfast

Sunday 02 October

Crystal Palace - pre-park opening breakfast

Monday 03 October

Akershus - lunch

San Angel Inn - dinner

Tuesday 04 October

Biergarten - dinner

Wednesday 05 October

Sci-Fi Diner - lunch

Thursday 06 October

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package - "Linner"

Friday 07 October

Saana - Lunch

I'd like to look at the menus and try to figure out what we will order so that I can work out how much we'll be tipping but that is just too much advance planning for the rest of my family! :laughing:

OK Franrose - is it me stalking you or you stalking me?! :confused3

Well done on your Tusker House ADR - I'm not much of an animal person (I wash my hands if I see a dog at 50 paces!), so I thought that we would get AK "out of the way" by doing it on our first full day in WDW - but the more that I have read, the more that I think that I will handle it just fine. Although, my friend was there in September last year with her DH and 3 DDs and they renamed it "Stinky Kingdom" :eek: - so I have my fingers crossed for a cooler day!!

What time is your ADR? Ours is for 8.20am - I know that I will be happy to be there when there are less people and when it isn't too hot yet - but these early breakfast reservations will be a "challenge"!

Busy Busy I cant wait to see you and your freaky giant family ;) -

I will def say hi - maybe I will send some ketchup to your table.:thumbsup2

Here's ours, subject to change and more change and more change!!!

Saturday 24 September:
Lunch: Plaza Inn
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha - DH, DD, and I / 1900 Park Fare SIL and DNeice

Sunday 25 September:

Lunch: Early at Biergarton
Dinner: Akerhaus

Monday 26 September:
Lunch: Rainforest Cafe AK for DD's birthday
Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Cafe - sit down

Tuesday 27 September
Breakfast: Cinderella's Table
Dinner: Tony's Town Square, prior to MNSSHP

Wednesday 28 September
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe (SIL has O'hana for 4 ppl which I'm canceling, PM if you want it.)
Lunch: DH is having lunch with an Astronaut at Kennedy. DD, SIL, DN, and I are going shopping.
Dinner: Raglan Road

Thursday 29 September

Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine. I want to meet Handy Manny :laughing:
Lunch: Hollywood Brown Derby for Fanstasmic Seating

Friday 30 September
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse for SIL's birthday, prior to pontoon for Illuminations

Saturday 1 October
Breakfast: Crystal Palace. It's MK's 40th birthday!
Dinner: Qantas :eek:

TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER

No ADR's today - probably go to a water park - then we have MNSSHP

MNSSHP - I have a snap too!!!! :lmao:

Dinner 27 Sep or breakfast 1 October - Cafe @ American Girl Place, New York (Not quite Disney but I think my girls will love it, I plan to let them pick out a doll each and I will pick out some outfits for Christmas presents :D )
No snap from me! But my DD loved American Girl in LA. We spent a lot of time and $$$ there. It was really nice. If you're lucky you may be able to get a personal shopper, especially if you're buying more than one doll. They are complementary and will help you spend your money and mind anything you want while you have lunch. We spent about 4 hours including lunch. We had the personal shopper and it was brilliant. She helped us find a lot of stuff, pick out dolls, clothes, skip the line to get Lanie's (doll) ears pierced, etc etc.

OK Franrose - is it me stalking you or you stalking me?! :confused3

Well done on your Tusker House ADR - I'm not much of an animal person (I wash my hands if I see a dog at 50 paces!), so I thought that we would get AK "out of the way" by doing it on our first full day in WDW - but the more that I have read, the more that I think that I will handle it just fine. Although, my friend was there in September last year with her DH and 3 DDs and they renamed it "Stinky Kingdom" :eek: - so I have my fingers crossed for a cooler day!!

What time is your ADR? Ours is for 8.20am - I know that I will be happy to be there when there are less people and when it isn't too hot yet - but these early breakfast reservations will be a "challenge"!

My Tusker ADR is 8.25am - I admit, I'm stalking you there. But my Crystal Palace is five minutes before yours, so who's following who then??? ;) ;)

Would have been funny if you'd stayed at FQ! I also think it's funny that we leave Australia on the same day but do entirely different itineraries up till the 21st, then both arrive at WDW on the same day!

Actually the reason I am doing the parks in the order I am is because I found a website that said to do it that way, lol. I can't remember which one it was. Am doing the before park opening breakfasts instead of EMH mornings to hopefully take advantage of quieter parks.

The thing I remember the most about AK was the Bugs Life 3D thing under the big tree (of life?) in the middle of the park :3dglasses

No snap from me! But my DD loved American Girl in LA. We spent a lot of time and $$$ there. It was really nice. If you're lucky you may be able to get a personal shopper, especially if you're buying more than one doll. They are complementary and will help you spend your money and mind anything you want while you have lunch. We spent about 4 hours including lunch. We had the personal shopper and it was brilliant. She helped us find a lot of stuff, pick out dolls, clothes, skip the line to get Lanie's (doll) ears pierced, etc etc.

We snap on accomodation, lol, and by the looks of things the day we've chosen to do Epcot too :D

Thanks for this info. I think when I booked for the meal, you could book a personal shopper... just trying to remember. So you think it's a good idea? We'll definitely be buying two dolls... possibly three (if I can't reign myself in. I'm in love with Kit's friend "Ruthie" :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter