Where are we all eating?

We snap on accomodation, lol, and by the looks of things the day we've chosen to do Epcot too :D

Thanks for this info. I think when I booked for the meal, you could book a personal shopper... just trying to remember. So you think it's a good idea? We'll definitely be buying two dolls... possibly three (if I can't reign myself in. I'm in love with Kit's friend "Ruthie" :rotfl: )

Most definitely worth it for us. We got three dolls - one for DD, one for two of my neices. A few accessories, a hair style, outfits, ears pierced etc. Excluding lunch the total was just under $500. We told her we were going for lunch and wanted to take Lanie with us. So DD was able to dress Lanie in the Private Shopper type room and take her for lunch. We still hadn't paid at that time. The shopper minded the other dolls for us and arranged the ears and hair after lunch. It didn't cost us anything for the service. She did help us find stuff as well which was really good, even checked for things like the eyes closing properly.

Here are a couple of pics of our Personal Shopper and DD getting the doll ready for lunch:

p104669602-3.jpg

p66690371-3.jpg

Snap snap snapity snap......this is amazing - my level of excitement is now higher than EVER! I might have mentioned before how I ran into one of my customers in Times Square in 2009, I don't think that my family will be able to get over the fact that it might happen again! I also love that we will all be able to reminisce on here when we are back home and depressed that it's all over. :sad2:

As for American Girl, I have never really thought about starting DD on that track, she loves Barbie and we did the custom Barbie at FAO Schwartz in 2009 and will do it again this time. She has already talked about Build A Bear and the thought of that AND Barbie AND American Girl....yikes....where are my smelling salts?! :scared1:

Snap snap snapity snap......this is amazing - my level of excitement is now higher than EVER! I might have mentioned before how I ran into one of my customers in Times Square in 2009, I don't think that my family will be able to get over the fact that it might happen again! I also love that we will all be able to reminisce on here when we are back home and depressed that it's all over. :sad2:

As for American Girl, I have never really thought about starting DD on that track, she loves Barbie and we did the custom Barbie at FAO Schwartz in 2009 and will do it again this time. She has already talked about Build A Bear and the thought of that AND Barbie AND American Girl....yikes....where are my smelling salts?! :scared1:

Too bad we dont know what anyone actually looks like from these boards, we could be running into each other all over the place and not know it. :rotfl:

I've steered my girls away from Barbie (ie, just not gone down that track and bought them any), I was looking for an alternative when I found American Girl and then found about American Girl place! And then got sucked in myself lol.

Definitely will do FAO Schwarz though :thumbsup2

I put a post on my facebook today - "Can anyone give a lift to the airport" -

yeah no offers, but a friend posted back I fly out on the 16th as well - I know they are going to USA - she is a TA and her airline of choice is usually V -

Its not one of you guys is it?

OK Franrose - is it me stalking you or you stalking me?! :confused3

Well done on your Tusker House ADR - I'm not much of an animal person (I wash my hands if I see a dog at 50 paces!), so I thought that we would get AK "out of the way" by doing it on our first full day in WDW - but the more that I have read, the more that I think that I will handle it just fine. Although, my friend was there in September last year with her DH and 3 DDs and they renamed it "Stinky Kingdom" :eek: - so I have my fingers crossed for a cooler day!!

What time is your ADR? Ours is for 8.20am - I know that I will be happy to be there when there are less people and when it isn't too hot yet - but these early breakfast reservations will be a "challenge"!

We did the Tusker house breakfast last April. Three of the staff were from Australia. I guess there is no Australia pavilion at Epcot so they put them somewhere in "the bush" at Animal Kingdom. The breakfast was fun and the food offerings were a little different than the standard breakfast fare. My boys were not so impressed with the kisses from Daisy - " Her beak is like a stick that pokes you in the head".

All this food is making me hungry! We still can not decide if we are doing the dining package at all - we found that with a table service and counter service everyday was way too much food - but we still want to include a few.

Thanks for this info. I think when I booked for the meal, you could book a personal shopper... just trying to remember. So you think it's a good idea? We'll definitely be buying two dolls... possibly three (if I can't reign myself in. I'm in love with Kit's friend "Ruthie" :rotfl: )

We also did the personal shopper arrangement in NY. DD was buying a doll and clothes, I was also purchasing three dolls and numerous items of clothing for my nieces. We had sent through that shopping list before we left and they had it all ready upstairs in the 'personal shopping room'. The personal shopper (Charlotte) was great, she took us around the whole shop and told us the stories of all the dolls; she arranged our dinner reservation, and as DD was celebrating her birthday while we were at WDW, she secretly added the gifts I requested without DD seeing. We had one whole suitcase filled with American Girl on our trip home!
My Blog has an update of our experience.

Hi Battymum, nope it's not me (I was a travel agent 1000 years ago though), back when I had no husband, no kids, no mortgage, no wrinkles......ugh, I need a coffee. ;)

Turns out my friend is off to Hawaii at 9:00pm!

Its funny as it is one of those FB friends that I would actually talk to if I ran into at the airport! :laughing:

I love it Battymum - a friend that you would actually talk to!!! :rotfl:

I haven't done the Facebook thing yet, I've always thought that I would end up addicted and I have so little time for anything as it is!

Although, I do have that time between 2am and 5am when I selfishly choose to sleep - I could fit it in then!!

hey

here are my resi's.....
16th sept: the wave- dinner

17th sept: Garden View tea room- afternoon tea
les chef de france- dinner

18th sept:yak & yeti -lunch
Ohana- dinner

19th sept:sea world

20th sept:t-rex -lunch
grand floridian cafe-dinner
mnsshp

21st sept:Cinderellas castle- lunch:banana:
cape may cafe- dinner

22nd sept:busch gardens

23rd sept:yak & yeti- lunch
Coral reef- dinner

24th sept: crystal palace- breakfast

so all sorted and waiting to go.....:rolleyes1

Karen, I love that you and your husband are going to have lunch with Cinderella... :goodvibes ...I think that I am looking forward to it more than my daughter!

A question to anybody - I have a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's, it's at the end of our time in WDW and we will have already done just about every character meal that there is. I have also read some pretty dodgy reviews, so I am very unsure about it. I have checked and I can get an ADR at Kona at the same time (or we could have CS from Wilderness Lodge that morning). I'm just a bit worried about letting it go because it seems like such a coveted ADR.

Should it stay or should it go?! :confused3

Karen, I love that you and your husband are going to have lunch with Cinderella... :goodvibes ...I think that I am looking forward to it more than my daughter!

A question to anybody - I have a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's, it's at the end of our time in WDW and we will have already done just about every character meal that there is. I have also read some pretty dodgy reviews, so I am very unsure about it. I have checked and I can get an ADR at Kona at the same time (or we could have CS from Wilderness Lodge that morning). I'm just a bit worried about letting it go because it seems like such a coveted ADR.

Should it stay or should it go?! :confused3

i think the DH is more excited than me re the castle:rotfl:

as for chef mickeys......we decided to do crystal palace for breakfast instead...better food, atmosphere and character interaction.....within walking distance of bay lake tower......

Kona is our favourite breakfast place in all WDW..we love the poly, the food and decent coffeee.......do Konaprincess:

:dance3: counting down

Looks like we will be at Ohana same night as you - our ADR is 5:00pm !

we have a 9.20pm resi...want to see wishes from poly at 9 first....or be seated to see it if they have a window seat available....

the DH loves poly, so instead of doing kona, I thought we'd try Ohana's. Anyone done ohana's???

I hope we are well and truly finished by 9:20 -

My plan is to head over to MK after our meal and watch wishes there. It will be an EMH night.

I hope we are well and truly finished by 9:20 -

My plan is to head over to MK after our meal and watch wishes there. It will be an EMH night.

Since its only us 2, we thought we'd eat, watch wishes then wait for the "fireworks" people to leave then head on into MK for EMH.....by the time we get to MK it should be around 10.30pm, leaving us 2.5 hrs to ride space mountain and haunted mansion without all the crowds with tired kids in tow....:dance3:

I'm so excited.....my Dh is doing the countdown as well at work with his work mates..:cool1:

So off to the gym i go again tonight...need to get the body ready for all the meals:woohoo: unlimited drink refills and fries.....ciniibuns ......burgers....ribs..:cheer2:

Must go back to Raglan Road. My DW gave me a mouthful of the bread and butter pudding last time and I have been kicking myself ever since that I didn't order it.

Also Kona to try the origin of Tonga Toast - Read about it on this forum - found the recipe and now we have it for breakfast for all birthays Mothers and Fathers Day etc.

Teppan Edo will also be on the list and Whipering Canyon is a family favorite. Other will probably depend on where we end up staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter