Where are you "must-eats" in the USA?

My all time fav place is Ponderosa Steakhouse. Love those steak tips!

My DS wouldn't visit the US unless he was promised Ihop (usually a breakfast AND another meal there at least).

We also enjoy Denny's for their chicken strips and milk shakes (oh and their oreo cream pie)!

When at DTD we often stop at Earl of Sandwich and make that our main meal of the day-lol.

I'm an ice-cream nut so I'm wondering which ice-cream stores/chains people would recommend as must try while in the US? Plus any small independent stores in Anaheim, Las Vegas or San Francisco :)

The only one people have recommended so far is Ben & Jerry's but there has to be more!!

Another vote for Cold stone. When we went Summer 2009 they had a chocolate jello icecream mmmm. It almost became a tradition to stop at cold stone on the way out of disneyland for the day. Prices weren't too bad either (at the time it was pretty expensive because of the currency exchange) but being pretty much $1 for $1 now it should be fairly reasonable.

Another vote for Cold stone. When we went Summer 2009 they had a chocolate jello icecream mmmm. It almost became a tradition to stop at cold stone on the way out of disneyland for the day. Prices weren't too bad either (at the time it was pretty expensive because of the currency exchange) but being pretty much $1 for $1 now it should be fairly reasonable.

I am another ice cream nut, have been known to eat ice cream instead of having a meal :joker:

Calorie/calorie it probably works out about the same :blush:

I'm an ice-cream nut so I'm wondering which ice-cream stores/chains people would recommend as must try while in the US? Plus any small independent stores in Anaheim, Las Vegas or San Francisco :)

The only one people have recommended so far is Ben & Jerry's but there has to be more!!

Try some of the frozen yoghurt places as well. Their yoghurt is a lot sweeter and it tastes like ice cream.
Plus, you get to pretend that it is better for you than ice cream.

These are all in Hollywood, and I'll be hitting them up in October for sure!:

Carney's
In 'N Out
Pinks
Saddle Ranch Chop House
Johnny Rockets

Haven't done IHOP's yet, so might add that to the list. Will also be looking for something interesting in Boston, while I'm there for work early in my trip.

Try Mike's Cannoli in the North End.

Just did Bubba's , Johnny rockets, hard rock, Cinnabon , rainforest cafe....lots of fun and great food. But the best - lunch at Hollywood farmers market...so much great food, so cheap and tasty....the pizza and doughnuts are top notch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter