Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

How minuscule? We have a small above ground pool at home ( 14' round) and the kids have hours of fun in it. Is the pool smaller than that and unenjoyable? I guess I'm lost on how a pool of any size could be lame, but I want to know ahead of time so I can prepare the kids.

I'd say it's postage stamp size. There was a group of 5 kids in it when we arrived, and they dominated the whole pool with their activities. They weren't being obnoxious, but you couldn't find a place to relax, so we just stayed out.

It

shouldn't have been $20 more a night if you're staying 5 nights or more. Did they accidentally remove the discount?

We are only stay three nights since it is all our budget can afford. And no, they didn't remove the discount - I asked. But I'll ask again when I check in. Thanks for the tip.

For our trip in October we are staying at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance by Marriott. We are a family of five so that puts into either a suite or being on top of each other. With DD12, DS11, DD8 pool area became a High Priority. We'd stayed at DH 3 years ago and were spoiled by the pool area.

I looked at HOJOs but settled on the newer hotel for a few reasons:
Newer (doesn't always mean better,but I like Marriott and that did sway me)
2 queen and 2 bunk beds (I don't think Howard Johnson's offer 2 beds and the bunk)
2 Showers
Park/fireworks view
Shortish walk to the gates (I'm hoping about the same as DH)
Tom's review was pretty positive

I probably visit (from Phoenix) around 6 times a year. I will always check the hotels immediately across the street on Harbor first, because for me location is most important.

Once a year on our annual DIS Divas trip, I am privileged to stay at the Grand Californian with a friend who is a DVC member and generously allows some of us to use her points for a few days.

We just had a great quick 2 night stay at Ramada Plaza hotel on Katella/Harbor. We arrive about 1am , friendly quick check in , lots of parking in basement and spacious comfy rooms. We are Wyndham rewards members but grabbed a better deal on Hotel Tonight for $209w/ taxes and a $25 off code . It's easily walkable also.

We prefer slightly closer but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for our quick weekend last minute trips.

Any personal experiences with either Anaheim Islander or Super on West Katella? some family is looking for a room.....

Super 8 on Katella was our go to for about 3 years. It still would be but typically when we go now prices are too high to justify it so we stay closer across the street but it's a great place. Rooms were always clean , comfy beds , small pool but clean.

It's also walkable if desired but an ART stop is very close too. I think right outside. The offer a simple continental breakfast with prepackaged pastries , juices, tea, coffee , yogurt, frozen waffles for toasting , bread for toasting also.

Although my wife and I are a couple without children, we'll be staying once again at the Staybridge Suites in S Manchester Ave, Anaheim, when we visit again in October. Families do stay there though and the prices are quite a bit more reasonable, even though the hotel itself is about a mile or so from the entrance to Disneyland.

The hotel does serve a decent breakfast though and they also have free food and drink available some nights of the week. These evening used to be called 'Sundowners' - not sure if they are still called that but they happen usually on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

We are going in August and it will be our first trip. I decided on HoJo because of the water area for our 7-yr-old, the interior hallways, and overall quality of reviews + cost + walking distance to the parks.

We're staying at the Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center next week. We have a good AAA rate and it seems we could easily walk to the Toy Story lot. However, I don't see this one mentioned too much, so I'm a little concerned. This will be our first off-site stay. Previously we've done DLH and GCH and loved them both. I just can't justify the crazy costs this time around ($800+ per night).

Last year I stayed at the Anabella Hotel and really liked it. I dug the Spanish architecture, and thought the amenities were nice. It was also a really awesome walk to the parks. Palm tree lined street and then a short cut through the GCH and DTD. The rooms were underwhelming, but the other perks made up for that.

This year I'm going with a friend who got me a conference rate at the Hyatt Regency Orange County. I''m doing a six night stay in August. I'm a Hyatt member and love Hyatt properties, so I thought it would be a treat, and the conference rate makes it really affordable. However, now I'm really getting worried about the distance. I know the Hyatt runs a shuttle, but I hate the idea of being beholden to its schedule. Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Reg and can give me some feedback on your experience? Particularly with the walk and the shuttle.

The Anabella is showing a roughly similar rate right now (actually Id save 140 bucks) and I'm thinking about switching to it. My friend will definitely be at the Hyatt but she'll only be in the park with me 2 of the 6 days I'm there, so I'm wondering if I should go with the hotel with the better walking distance. I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on the Hyatt. Thanks!!

Last year I stayed at the Anabella Hotel and really liked it. I dug the Spanish architecture, and thought the amenities were nice. It was also a really awesome walk to the parks. Palm tree lined street and then a short cut through the GCH and DTD. The rooms were underwhelming, but the other perks made up for that.

This year I'm going with a friend who got me a conference rate at the Hyatt Regency Orange County. I''m doing a six night stay in August. I'm a Hyatt member and love Hyatt properties, so I thought it would be a treat, and the conference rate makes it really affordable. However, now I'm really getting worried about the distance. I know the Hyatt runs a shuttle, but I hate the idea of being beholden to its schedule. Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Reg and can give me some feedback on your experience? Particularly with the walk and the shuttle.

The Anabella is showing a roughly similar rate right now (actually Id save 140 bucks) and I'm thinking about switching to it. My friend will definitely be at the Hyatt but she'll only be in the park with me 2 of the 6 days I'm there, so I'm wondering if I should go with the hotel with the better walking distance. I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on the Hyatt. Thanks!!

About a year ago or do we got a Priceline bid for $85/night at Hyatt Regency and it was a great hotel. The shuttle is a private one and NOT ART. It's operated by PCH transportation I think , and only picks up at Hyatt, Mariott Suites and one other close property. I would never walk it , just way too far but the shuttle was large , clean and comftorable. It was always on time aside from traffic that cannot be controlled.

I'm staying at HOJO and can say this has been by far my favorite property in the area. We've stayed everywhere from Hyatt OC , to Ramada Plaza to Super 8 and feel the value here is better for Disney versus Hyatt. However I know convention rates can be too good to pass up , so just keep in mind extra time for transport and if midday breaks are desired the closer the better IMO.

My son and I are staying at one of our faves in a couple weeks; Anabella. We got Club Queen (Queen Club?) because their breakfast is REALLY good. It's $17 a night more than a normal room, and it would be hard for us to get a GOOD breakfast for that money. We book direct (they now have a frequent stayer club) with the AP discount (at least until the end of July) and it's a great deal IMO. Less than half the cost of PPH.

I will also be staying at the Sheraton Park because we are going with my daughter's dance group and that is where they booked. I'm a little worried about the trek to the park....anyone know how long it takes to walk from there and/or if there is a shuttle?

I looked it up and that's closer in than the Hilton. We haven't found the walk from/to the Hilton to be any sort of big deal. Especially not for a group of dancers (my son dances). :)

I'm staying at the PPH theme park view. This is a Bucket List thing...I've saved up like crazy (many hours of OT) to stay on-site AND have the theme park view. I am over-the-moon excited and can't wait! Looking forward to watching WOC & possibly DL fireworks from my room my 1st night.

Next trip (in four weeks!) we are staying at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We usually stay at the Park Vue because it is across the street, has free breakfast and free parking, and we can fit 5 in the room with 2 queens and a roll-away. This visit we were going to be 4 (2 kids) and I could hotwire a hotel for half the price with free parking, so we did, and ended up at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We'll be paying for the ART passes, and breakfast will be oatmeal or yogurt from Target. Now it turns out we will be 5 people after all and we're crossing our fingers there will be room in the room!
Oooooooh, do you have the Hotwire link/description for Anaheim Resort Holiday Inn? I might need an extra room there in October for costume party. I was looking for a 3 star at angel stadium, and it doesn't show up in october. Did it have bed selection? I've already been on the property talking to Holiday Inn and Staybridge for my event.

My family will be at Staybridge Anaheim Resort right next door because we needed 2BR/2Bath full kitchen suites. We are also allowed to set up photography and receive guests in the lobby at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. I want an extra room there for any special guests I add to the party who want to stay over.

BTW I have a pretty big excel sheet detailing stats on various Disney hotels for the purpose of Hotwireing/Pricelining. I'm usually pretty good on those sites and have been accurate 80% of the time -- usually narrowing choices down to coinflips. I can maybe post a thread on it and include my excel sheet for download.

About a year ago or do we got a Priceline bid for $85/night at Hyatt Regency and it was a great hotel. The shuttle is a private one and NOT ART. It's operated by PCH transportation I think , and only picks up at Hyatt, Mariott Suites and one other close property. I would never walk it , just way too far but the shuttle was large , clean and comftorable. It was always on time aside from traffic that cannot be controlled.

I'm staying at HOJO and can say this has been by far my favorite property in the area. We've stayed everywhere from Hyatt OC , to Ramada Plaza to Super 8 and feel the value here is better for Disney versus Hyatt. However I know convention rates can be too good to pass up , so just keep in mind extra time for transport and if midday breaks are desired the closer the better IMO.

Thanks! It's good to head that the shuttle worked for you. Do you remember how early it ran? I'm a rope drop person and I'm hoping I'll run early enough in the morning to get to the parks on time. Would you not do the walk because of the distance, or did you find it to be unsafe? Some areas of Anaheim are a little less comfortable than others, and I'll be alone for most of the trip. I'll also be coming back after park close, so it'd be helpful to know what to expect. I found the walk from Anabella to be really well lit and heavily traveled after park close so I never felt uncomfortable, but I know this travels a bit further afield. Thanks again for your help!!

We will be staying at the new Holiday Inn Express in September. We chose that hotel because we can use our Holiday Inn Vacation Club points to stay there (so no money out of pocket) and it is within walking distance of the parks.

We stayed at Hotel Indigo last time. I LOVED that hotel. We were able to use our Holiday Inn Vacation Club points for that stay, too. But the reason we chose the Holiday Inn Express this time is that it costs few points, it includes breakfast and it is marginally closer to the main entrance.

We have a friend that offered to let us take their RV, so it will be a surprise (both the RV and our final destination) for as long as we can keep it. We will pack everything into the RV at their house ahead of time and pull up and load the kids and hit the road. We will leave some clues (disney books, guides, movies, coloring books, etc.) throughout the RV and see how long it takes for them to figure it out. We have even joked around about if we could make it all the way until we hopped on the ART shuttle or even arrived at the park before they figure it out.

We are crossing our fingers that it doesn't end up turning into a "National Lampoon" style vacation, but everyone that is in on the secret keeps teasing us about that possibility...

Plans on taking the RV fell through and our summer road trip adventure will not be happening this year (we will have to try again some other time). We had enough time to research and make other arrangements and have decided to stay with family about 25min from the parks for the 1st half of our trip and will spend the last couple of nights at the Stanford Inn & Suites in one their Kid Suites (this keeps our budget in the ballpark of what it was going to cost for gas and our stay at the RV Park).

The trip is still going to a be a secret for the kids. Staying with family on the front of the trip should help us keep the secret longer too, maybe until we pull into the M&F Parking Structure or Toy Story lot.

I'm a rope drop person and I'm hoping I'll run early enough in the morning to get to the parks on time. Would you not do the walk because of the distance, or did you find it to be unsafe? Some areas of Anaheim are a little less comfortable than others, and I'll be alone for most of the trip.

Is that the HR at Chapman and Harbor?

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is closer to the parks than that, and although we walked all but one evening, I would NOT do it if I were alone. I had my big strong DH with me each evening, and it was me and my son in the mornings.

Between Orangewood and Chapman the feeling of the area changed, and I walked with more alertness and my big city persona on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter