• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did your 2 year old sleep?

Got a room at POR and the 2yo slept on the trundle. I wasn't worried if he fell the 6" to the floor if he rolled off the bed. ;-)

The trundles were great for this, unfortunately they are gone with the small murphy bunk. I guess you could take the mattress off that and put on the floor.

OP - Lots of great ideas .... but if he is still in a crib at home when you go, I would rent a crib. Disney/vacation isn't the time I want to be trying to transition to a bed.

Starting at 2, both my kids slept on this air mattress https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Kids-T...d=1524798831&sr=8-5&keywords=kid+air+mattress

Around 4 we started putting them in a bed. They both moved around too much and would fall out of beds so I wasn't comfortable with them sleeping on a tall hotel bed.

They were both in beds at that time at home, I'd only do a bed at Disney if they were in a bed at home too. If not, I would rent a crib.

Got a room at POR and the 2yo slept on the trundle. I wasn't worried if he fell the 6" to the floor if he rolled off the bed. ;-)
Must have been there a while ago. The trundles are no more. Now there are Murphy beds and they are at least the height of the beds.

Way back when...just turned 2 year old slept in the bed with his 4 year old brother. Bed rails requested from the resort and used with success. He had already been sleeping in a twin bed at home since he was 20 months old.

I used the travel blow up mattress when I could easily travel with it. However when the luggage didn't make it I surrounded her with pillows and she did great

We will be going for my sons 2 year old birthday. I am thinking about still putting him in a pack and play as it is only a few months away. Hasn't bothered him in the past.

Last time we went, my girls were 2.5 and 5.5 and shared a bed, with bed rail on the 2.5 year old’s side. She was still in a crib at home but did fine sleeping with her sister and the bed rail.

Following. We are taking my daughter (who will be 2.5) to WDW and the Disney Cruise in October. She is currently in a crib and hasn't tried to climb out. We are staying in POR pre-cruise, and OKW post cruise. While on the cruise, I requested a crib, but am wondering if that may change before we go?!

In a bed. With our first son, we used bed rails. With the twins, I think we used a pool noodle under the fitted sheet. We also kind of move cushions and pillows around so there is no hard fall if they roll out of bed. (although that never happened to us at Disney).

This was the only place I have fallen out of bed...back about 10 years ago. Guess the bed at POP was too small for me. I think I bumped the wall coming down too. Told everyone that my bedmate had pushed me.

I think our youngest slept in a pack and play on his first two trips, so at 1.5 and just over 2. After that, he slept in a bed with his brother. A couple trips later, we started bringing an air mattress and they took turns sleeping on it.

This is the option I am looking at for our soon to be two year old. Can you remember what company you used?

I think it was called baby's best friend. It was 5 years ago and we only used them once. Everything was great - but by the time we went back my son was big enough for a real bed.

We requested a crib at Boulder Ridge villas for our 2 yr old granddaughter. She still sleeps in her crib at home and loves it. For travel, we have the Bjorn travel crib and it is amazing, lightweight and easy to zip and go.

My daughter turned two last week and we took her to Aulani for her birthday. She slept well in the pack and play, but we did pad it with a baby futon to make it comfortable.

My DD was a wild sleeper as a toddler. We used the Disney bed rails and it was fine. Used some pillows around too the end too, just in case.

My kids never had cribs as babies/toddlers. Slept with us and then moved right to a double or queen bed...around the age of 2.

So, on vacation, the kid either slept with a parent or alone. When kid #2 was born and started tagging along, they slept together, or, again, each parent took a kid.

Now, at 11 and almost 14, they share. When one starts to complain, I will bring an air mattress or something. For now, they are good.

When traveling when oldest was 2, he slept in a pack and play. With the youngest, he slept in the middle. Both worked fine.

We just got back from POR with my son who is 2.5 (he'll be 3 in two months). He's still in a crib at home, but the pack & play has gotten too small for him and he didn't sleep comfortably on our last hotel stay. At POR he slept in the other queen with bed rails and a little nest made around him out of pillows. My 9 year old daughter slept on the murphy bed. It worked out well and he's gone back to his crib at home with no problem.

My sister uses this awesome tent for my nephew. He loves sleeping in it and it's great for travel everywhere plus it's easy to pack in her suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter