Where did your childhood scar come from?

I've got a big one on might right shin from a car bumper. By the looks of it on my 40 year old leg, I'd say 4 year old me should have gotten many stitches.
I also sliced open my left knee with a Swiss Army Knife when I was 13 or 14. It would have benefitted from a few stitches...

I think the only scars that I have from childhood are from the smallpox vaccine and from having chickenpox. Yep, I'm old. And I guess less clumsy than I thought (or at least not clumsy to the point of scarring injury).

I have some chickenpox scars, just a few. My right knee is from kneeling on a skateboard down a gravel hill, until the skateboard stopped and I did not.
I also have a decent sized incision scar on my neck from an operation when I was 13, my hair pretty much covers that unless I put it up.

smallpox vaccine
scar over eye from falling and hitting my head on a brick planter

Older sister still has a scar on her thigh from sliding down a summer hot metal slide in a public playground.
Younger sister was impaled while climbing a picket fence and has a scar on one side of her abdomen that matches all her c- sections.
For me only a vaccination scar; I was the family scaredy cat;).

3" scar on my left calf from a Girl Scout trip at a horse ranch where three of us went into a restricted area to get a closer look at the horses. I got a nice gash from a rusty wired fence. :scared: And of course, I was too scared to tell anyone how I got hurt (afraid of getting into trouble) but thankfully my Tetanus shot must have been up to date. What a dope! :sad2:

I almost sliced off part of my pinkie on a sharp toy in a friend’s toy box. My mom (a nurse) wrapped my finger in a gauze bandage. For about 50 years the flap was visible. It is now almost completely gone.

Older sister still has a scar on her thigh from sliding down a summer hot metal slide in a public playground.
Younger sister was impaled while climbing a picket fence and has a scar on one side of her abdomen that matches all her c- sections.
For me only a vaccination scar; I was the family scaredy cat;).

Oh the hot metal slides -- good times, good times! Really fun when a nail protruded out of one too. And how did we survive that and the merry-go-rounds that were never level? It always veered to one side. Ha ha ha

And scarless. Impressive!!

large metal oil/auto fluid drip pans that would be placed on garage floors with the only side absent a one inch sharp metal edge being just the entry point to drive onto were popular in the 60's. the six or so inch scar on my knee from falling onto one of the edges along with all the other kids who had the same accident likely contributed to the abandonment of that fad.

Only have 2 - small pox scar on hip (given with the mistaken impression that the immunization being given in the arm caused more problems for infants, than an immunization being given in the leg would). Sounds good, more fat, shouldn't hurt as much. Except they didn't allow for the fact that the upper leg is pretty much hidden by a diaper in infants. Cloth diapers and recent small pox immunization = not a pretty sight.

Other one - we had long wood floor hallways in our house. It was fun sliding down them in stockinged feet. I managed to slide over and break off a needle in my foot. Had to have surgery to have it removed.

Fingernail on my middle finger on my left hand the top peels off. I decided to try and pull the trigger on a pop gun rifle with the lever you used to **** the gun halfway down. Smashed my finger, nail never recovered. That was 50 years ago.

I put my knee through the glass pane of French door. I was hiding around a corner, and my brother swung it open really fast.

I have a few...
-One on my chin from a dog bite
-A small, but deep dimple next to my eye from an ant bite
-The tip of my nose is very faintly discolored from diving into a shallow pool (for years my forehead was too, but I don’t even see that anymore)
-A thin one right on my lip line from, ironically enough, a big lollipop from MK. I was using a Skipit! while eating that lollipop and I tripped. It cut me so deep, if it weren’t for the weird location I would have needed stitches (my parents opted to use butterfly bandages to avoid the access scarring stitches would have caused)
-A big one on the bottom of my foot from stepping into an oyster bed (that one did get stitches)

Oh the hot metal slides -- good times, good times! Really fun when a nail protruded out of one too. And how did we survive that and the merry-go-rounds that were never level? It always veered to one side. Ha ha ha

And scarless. Impressive!!
Yeah it would be if it was true:lmao:.
Forgot that a hellish Shetland pony took me through a a nettle bramble when I was about 9 y/o; was veddy happy when Auntie Emma and Uncle Elmer sold the vicious beast. You could see the criss cross scars on my forearms until my teens.

Both of these happened during grade school..
8 stitches in my chin left a scar when I went over the handle bars of my bike. Broke my thumb too!
A couple chicken pox scars.

Middle finger, left hand. Back when the Franklin Institute still sold small shark jaws/teeth in their gift shop....school field trip, kid behind me on the bus ride home got a set, and we were all playing with them, passing them back and forth. They were over my hand/finger when he snatched them back.
Most traumatic part was in the ER and I had to put my middle finger up for the Dr. to wrap it after stitching me up! In second grade I sure knew that was a no-no haha!!!!!
Funny part was my Mother was a chaperone on that particular trip. She also felt bad while we were in the gift shop and bought the kid the shark teeth when he didn't have enough money to buy them!
So yup, it's fun to say I have a non-water related shark bite!

Running around on the driveway and tripped and landed on my knees. I was ok until I stood up..that’s what split the skin. I got to see exactly how white a kneecap is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter