Where did your childhood scar come from?

I have a couple chicken pox scars and a scar on my upper chest near my collarbone from a bad cat scratch.

My mom made me take out the garbage. She failed to mention the garbage bag was full of broken glass. The garbage bag brushed by my leg and I got a really long and deep gash.

My mom made me take out the garbage. She failed to mention the garbage bag was full of broken glass. The garbage bag brushed by my leg and I got a really long and deep gash.
That makes my inner germaphobe cringe so hard!

Chicken pox scar on my forehead. I also have a scar behind my ear from a birthmark that was removed as a teenage.

I got a very slight one (you can see it but you got to look) on the corner by my right eye, when I was 15 my buddies and I were playing basketball like we did every night, on court with light, and there was broken beer bottles on it, we kicked them off before we started, but I slipped on some broken glass and come down and it cut my eye , it took 7-8 stitches but ti was worth it, to this day it makes me feel like a tough guy

Which One?

I have a split in my tongue that I got from running into the boy in front of me on the slid at school

One on my forehead from running into the corner of the hallway chasing our dog.

One by my eye from fall on the corner of the TV while jumping on the sofa bed in the den.

One on top of my head from when a boy kicked a board (with a nail) from a tree while we were building a treehouse .

These are the highlights. I am sure I have others. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up.

This is a terrible story but here it goes...when I was about 7 I had swim team practice one summer. I jumped into the pool from the edge standing backwards. This portion of the pool was where the diving boards were so it was about 12 ft deep. When I jumped in my head missed the water and my chin hit the edge of the pool. I went under and lost consciousness. A man saw me from the other side of the pool and jumped in and pulled me out. He saved my life. I still have a small scar under my chin. Fast forward about 13 years. Through time I had gotten to know his family; it was a small town then and his twin sons were in my class. One day I received terrible news that he had committed suicide. Even worse he shot himself in his car parked by my home. To this day it shakes me up to think about him and his family.

-scar under lip -rode my tricycle off the deck when I was about 3 or 4; my bottom teeth ended up in my bottom lip, with a small area biting all the way through (not even noticeable anymore)
-knuckle cut open by glass shard when my brother was throwing a bottle at a tree
-several chicken pox scars on leg & abdomen

There's one just to the left of my left eyebrow. My mom has a slightly different version of this story.

I was in high school, taking the city bus home. Sometimes the first bus made it to the transit center in time for me to make my connection. Sometimes it was late and I had to take the next van, which ended up dropping me with an uphill walk rather than a downhill walk. And sometimes, I opted to bypass the van to take the next bus.

On this one particular day, my sister had a music recital, and in order for my mom to get me to go with her to the recital and still get my sister a snack, I needed to be on the first bus. (Sometimes, I was... not in a hurry. There was a gorgeous girl on the second bus. And I was fifteen. With hormones and absolutely no game. I digress.) And my mom was not someone I messed with.

So I catch the first bus towards the transit center, and traffic's not so good. This is before the era of cell phones, too, I might add. The bus pulls into the transit center right behind my connecting bus that I needed to catch, I'm ready to be the first one off, and the bus starts to pull away.

Luckily for me, there's a light at the end of the transit center, and it's a busy road, so buses can rarely take the free right. So I sprinted down to the opposite side of the transit center to try to catch it.

Y'know how sometimes you're walking and someone's walking towards you? So you go left, and they go right, and they're still in your way? And then you try to go right, and they go left, and still, they're in your way? At regular speed, this isn't an issue. At sprinting speed on that fateful day, it was.

I slammed into the opposing person, somersaulted into the air, and landed forehead first on the sidewalk area. My thought process at the moment felt like Michael Scott during that one episode of The Office when he would say, "That's what she said." "No time!", even though this was almost a dozen years before that scene. I tried to get up, felt the pain at the side of my head, felt the blood coming. And heard the Transit Center cop say, "Whoa, son, stay down. Stay down."

Paramedics came, and I earned at least a dozen stitches. They asked, "Who should we call?"

"Call my dad. My mom would not be pleased that I missed the bus."

(My mom swears that she wasn't that serious about it.)

I have a funky left eyebrow because of a chickenpox scar. I also have a scar on my hand from stabbing myself with scissors

I was around 4-years old and had just come out of the church next to my Grandma's house. I was trying to beat my brother to the drinking fountain and ran so fast that I fell down. I had a gash next to my knee cap. My dad picked me up and took me back to Grandma's house. My mom (who was a nurse) bandaged it up. I still have about a 1/2 inch scar there.

Stories differ on just how it happened but I hit my head on a coffee table and have a scar above my right eye. My youngest DD has the same exact scar from jumping on her bed and hitting it on the frame. It was a loft bed so could have been way worse.

A scar on my left knee. I’m sure I scraped it up but if I had to guess the scar is more likely from it being infected.

A thin white line on the pad of my left thumb. Remember opening cans with keys? That’s probably why they don’t make them anymore. Should have gotten stitches but didn’t.

Growing up has minimized it, but I used to have a scar running the full length of the front of my left thigh. My dad was installing central A/C in our house, and the ductwork was stacked in the back yard after being delivered. I got the bright idea to climb it like stairs. Naturally, since it was hollow and not attached to anything, one of the pieces flipped as I stepped on it. Ductwork has a 1/2" turned-out lip on each piece where it is to be bolted together, and that edge sliced my thigh from hip to knee.

The other one isn't actually a scar, but the pinky nail on my left hand juts off at a weird angle. if I let it grow long. It's a result of having the nail torn off by one of those old really heavy fridge doors; Mom was getting somethine out of the fridge when I was 3, and I ducked under her when her arms were full to grab a snack. She didn't see me there and hit the door with her hip to close it. I pulled back quickly, but not quickly enough, and the tip of my pinky finger was crushed in the door.

I've got what used to be a fairly noticeable burn scar on my abdomen; did that to myself with the edge of the clothes iron in high school, ironing my shirt before putting it on.

I also have a smallpox scar on my left bicep like just about everyone else of my generation.

Getting hit in the head with a pickle ball paddle in 5th grade gym class. There was a lot of blood, so there were a lot of rumors about my eye falling out and such when I got back to school.

When I was around 2, I was running through the living room when I fell and cut my forehead open on a coffee table.

When I was around 12, I was sitting on the hood of my parents car and when I jumped off, the license plate sliced the back of my leg open.

I have a couple;
On my left palm where I slipped and stuck my hand while opening an oyster.
One on my forehead, I was in a fight and his brother hit me with a brick.
My arm from getting hit by the truck my cousin was driving while we were being stupid.
My right calve from when I got shot in the leg with an arrow.
My right palm from when me and my then best friend became blood brothers.
My inner thigh from when I fell from a homemade zip line that broke.

My elementary school gym had brick walls, and the gym mats were hung on them. In the sixth grade I ran as hard I could as the anchor of a relay race, knowing the mats would cushion my stop. Managed to hit my chin right in the space where two mats met. I felt really dumb and tried to pretend nothing had happened, but the pool of blood in my hand gave me away.

Rock fight (yes kids throwing rocks at each other) with the neighbor kids. Probably lasted about 2 minutes before our Moms found out and stopped us. I have a scar near my right eyebrow. I also had a scar on my elbow from slipping down the stairs and knocking a picture off the wall. Cut my elbow.

I had two scars from my childhood right on the back of my hands near each wrist. They weren't identical, but I feel in some strange way where I landed exactly there. They started fading by the my 30s.

However, I still have a scar above my chin where I fell down while climbing a fence in the 1st grade. I had three stitches but didn't lose any teeth. It's not as visible if I don't shave for a few days.

One on my right knee from falling on the elevator at the airport trying to catch up to my family that was rushing to catch a flight...lol OUCH!!

And on my other leg, I have a large scar from falling over a neighbor's lava rock. That really hurt too.... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter