Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

Just an FYI for those in Florida. The premium outlets on International drive has a covid testing center. The RT-PCR test has a 30 minute return time and a cost of $195. In case anyone needs a last minute backup.
Do you know if you can book appts? And, where abouts in the mall if you recall?

Do you know if you can book appts? And, where abouts in the mall if you recall?
I can't remember if I saw an appointment option but they did offer walk in and I only saw them listed under the store listing on the website. I was planning on where I want to shop when I'm there and was surprised to see the. I've included the link to the mall website. There is a map.
https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-international

Has anyone had any experience with this company beepermd. Apparently the tests are free even for travel unless it’s a same day request. They will even come to your hotel. Seems to good to be true !

I just googled them and when I clicked on Schedule An Appointment the pricing popped up:

PCR tests are FREE for next day appointments, results in 36 hours. Same day PCR + Travel Insurance is $35 for 1 person. Same day PCR without Travel insurance is FREE for 2 or more people. PCR + Expedited Courier Service (Results come within 24 hours, as fast as 6 hours - Cost: $150). Rapid tests are $30 with a PCR and $50 without a PCR. You will be charged for rapid tests at your appointment.

Edited to remove quote at poster’s request
[/QUOTE]
Maybe Florida and California are different then? I called the CVS location in San Diego my husband may use and they said $139 if it’s for travel. Someone else here posted that they called an Anaheim CVS and were told the same thing, payment required for travel. All CVS locations I researched do book 2 weeks out which is nice. DD and I are planning to test in Anaheim at the City Hall site since we’re staying longer than my husband and have to test later. If my husband’s test at CVS ends up being free we’ll probably change and test at an Anaheim CVS.

Last edited:
I just deleted my post above because I miss heard Tony during the show. He DID have insurance.

@22Tink, can you remove my quote from your post just so people don't get confused? Thanks!

I have read this multiple times, that why I asked again, as I keep reading here and on cruise boards that the US gov is covering all testing?? FYI I cannot get Walgreens to book more than 1-2 days out but I just booked CVS for Aug 23 (Florida).

Just wanted to give an update on how my experience getting a return test at Anaheim City Hall went (spoiler alert, it went really smoothly). I booked the one hour NAAT in advance from the website that was posted in this thread. They said they take walk ups, but while I was there they were having people book their test on their phone and show their order number before they would let them come up anyway. I also overheard them saying that they had limited machines to process the tests on site so booking in advance would ensure that you can get the results in an hour.

I took an Uber to City Hall from the Tropicana where we're staying. It was like a 5 minute ride, super close. When I got there I stood in line waiting for my turn, then they checked me in with my order number and my passport for ID (not sure if passport was needed, but I had it on me anyways since Disney doesn't take Canadian drivers licenses in general), then I got in another line to wait for my turn to get swabbed. The NAAT is just a nostril swab, not like the PCRs that go further back.

After that my boyfriend and I (who had tested positive with a breakthrough case just over a month ago so he did not need a test to travel) walked to the Packing House to get lunch and wait for my results. If it would have came out positive I would have just walked back to the hotel (Google says it's about a half hour walk) but thankfully while we were finishing up eating the results came through and were negative! Just a heads up that they ran a rapid antigen test and the NAAT. I was a little worried as the text they sent only mentioned the rapid test, but both antigen and NAAT results came to my email. They did land in my junk email folder though so make sure it check there if you don't see them shortly after the text. It was then easy to download the pdfs, and I'm hoping all will continue to go smoothly tomorrow when we board our plane home.

Even though California has been amazing, I'm very happy that I'm not stuck here in a hotel for 2 more weeks. 😀 If anyone has any other things they're wondering about the City Hall testing process feel free to ask and I'll try to answer if I can.

Just wanted to give an update on how my experience getting a return test at Anaheim City Hall went (spoiler alert, it went really smoothly). I booked the one hour NAAT in advance from the website that was posted in this thread. They said they take walk ups, but while I was there they were having people book their test on their phone and show their order number before they would let them come up anyway. I also overheard them saying that they had limited machines to process the tests on site so booking in advance would ensure that you can get the results in an hour.

I took an Uber to City Hall from the Tropicana where we're staying. It was like a 5 minute ride, super close. When I got there I stood in line waiting for my turn, then they checked me in with my order number and my passport for ID (not sure if passport was needed, but I had it on me anyways since Disney doesn't take Canadian drivers licenses in general), then I got in another line to wait for my turn to get swabbed. The NAAT is just a nostril swab, not like the PCRs that go further back.

After that my boyfriend and I (who had tested positive with a breakthrough case just over a month ago so he did not need a test to travel) walked to the Packing House to get lunch and wait for my results. If it would have came out positive I would have just walked back to the hotel (Google says it's about a half hour walk) but thankfully while we were finishing up eating the results came through and were negative! Just a heads up that they ran a rapid antigen test and the NAAT. I was a little worried as the text they sent only mentioned the rapid test, but both antigen and NAAT results came to my email. They did land in my junk email folder though so make sure it check there if you don't see them shortly after the text. It was then easy to download the pdfs, and I'm hoping all will continue to go smoothly tomorrow when we board our plane home.

Even though California has been amazing, I'm very happy that I'm not stuck here in a hotel for 2 more weeks. 😀 If anyone has any other things they're wondering about the City Hall testing process feel free to ask and I'll try to answer if I can.
Thank you so much! We are leaving Saturday and this is very helpful.

How long did it take from arrival at City Hall and the test being done?

omg! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have the PCR test booked there, but now I'm wondering if I should switch to a 1 hour NAAT if it's accepted to return to Canada and only takes an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter