Where to buy cheap College text books

Half.com

My bio book last year was $200 on amazon.com and I got it brand new in the shrink wrap from half.com for $85

A friend of mine told me she got hers off of half.com I haven't actually tried it myself but she told me they were much cheaper on their.

check both. usually i find amazon beats half.coms prices, but not always. i sell my text books on amazon and i always am competing for lowest price just so i can get rid of it! so i know alot of people on there do so, the prices can drop in a short amount of time.

DaisieJ225 said:
I would say maybe trying amazon.com

I got my english book used off amazon for $15 and two of my other books new for $40 a piece, which was over $20 cheaper than the used ones at my college store.
My English Prof reccomends half.com. Another one of those things that makes me think, "what did people do before they had the internet???"

just used both amazon and half.com....my textbooks from school would have been 494.50..just got them all for 181.11..im happy :)

The first places I always check are half.com, the used section of amazon.com, and then Ebay. My biggest problem is finding out what books I need and finding/getting them before classes start. It isn't as bad for the spring semester, but may of our faculty are not readily available in the summer to let us know about classes for the Fall.

ecampus.com

I used it once or twice when I was in college several years ago. When ordering online make sure you are getting your textbook not supplemental material. I once found an online 'deal' for a genetics book and when it arrived it was the workbook that went with the book. Oops!

I've seen text books on barnes and noble online but I don't know that they're the best place to go but its worth looking at. I think they tend to be higher than other places. My friend and I just spent close to $400 dollars on books yesterday most were all new so we couldn't by new.

Try "alibris.com". They are a website/network of booksellers and you can compare different sellers' prices. (Btw, when I compared Amazon's prices to Alibris, Alibris won every time.) My hubby got a textbook there, "new" it was around $100, barely-used it was around $50. If condition is important to you, pay attention to the descriptions. I've bought used books off of their website, they have some great deals.

agnes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter