Where to stay LA?

Also check out The Magic Castle Hotel, we stayed there on our last trip and I can't recommend it more highly. The location was great the parking was good and we had a car and I think it was $11 a day

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions! I have made a tentative decision to base ourselves at Manhattan Beach for our first 3 nights. It's a little bit quieter so a little bit cheaper. It's also away from the Hollywood hustle and bustle, which I'm happy to go and see but didn't really want to stay amongst.
So now we will spend 3 nights Manhattan Beach, 2 nights Anaheim. I've also changed our GC accom. We are now just going to stay one night in Tusayan and see the GC. Then we are going to drive to Phoenix via Sedona during the day and stay at an airport hotel overnight before our 10am flight to MCO. I was concerned about leaving Tusayan at 3am in the morning and negotiating potentially slippery roads, animals and Phoenix traffic to be at the airport for a 10am flight. I think getting there the night before will be less stressful.
I've also canned the All Star Sports segment of our WDW stay. We are just going to stay at POR the entire time now. I wasn't particularly happy about staying at a value resort. Fingers crossed POR lives up to our expectations!

@Zosha oooh interesting location, Ive just had a look at that on the map, I would say you at about 1 hour 40 minutes drive from Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood and Highland Mall, Chinese Theatre

Eeek - I know it's bit further out. Peeps on TA are saying 45-50mins to Hollywood. I'm just struggling to juggle economy with location...

Eeek - I know it's bit further out. Peeps on TA are saying 45-50mins to Hollywood. I'm just struggling to juggle economy with location...

I know, my struggle too. The reason Im saying that travel time is because Ive stayed down the road from LAX at Comfort Inn on Imperial and it took us about 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on traffic to Hollywood. Manhattan Beach is further south again from LAX, and knowing LA and traffic thats what I would estimate. Also on Google Maps, its saying around the same

If you want to be in the heart of Hollywood Boulevard I highly recommend Loews on Hollywood & Highland. We have stayed there 4 times before. There is a metro station right under it which we caught to Universal Studios . This last trip we stayed at Marriott Residences at LA Live. They have kitchen/kitchenette. Its a great location if you are seeing any sport at Staples Centre as it is right there. Though other than that and the Grammy Museum (which is great) there wasn't much around

Here are two posts from prior trip about our Loews and the area.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/my-very-belated-trip-report-la-uso-ioa-wdw.3344673/#post-52519925

http://www.disboards.com/threads/my...t-la-uso-ioa-wdw.3344673/page-6#post-52969169

I second Loews Hollywood.

We stayed there Oct last year and loved it. Free upgrade to king size suite (4 in our family), view of Hollywood sign. Hotel attaches to very cool shopping complex (restaurants etc) and you walk through that to get to the best bit of the Hollywood Blvd.

It was just brilliant!

P.S. Book early for advance booking rate and subscribe for deals :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter