'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

Wow, you guys were very efficient over the first two days...

DTD is definitely a great thing to do at night, especially on a late first day. World of Disney is definitely the best store, so much fun in there. I think it is pretty much a ritual for any person who goes in there to get a random/silly hat picture. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with that and spitting Stitch (really cools ya off on a hot DTD day). :thumbsup2 to the tie-dyed cupcake and refillable mug!

YAY AK! Such a fun park and it looks like you guys were really enjoying it. Love the character photos! :-) And yeah, it is hard trying to get those photos on Kilimanjaro. I seem to manage to get a lot and rarely get blurry ones, but if you aren't a steady hand then it doesn't work so well :/ I can't wait to find out if that was your favorite (personally, there is a lot more better rides on the horizon) and I must make a note of the Jalapeno pretzels now YUM!

I'm very excited to hear someone else on here ACTUALLY likes to get wet on Kali River Rapids. It's such a fun ride and the whole point is to get. If you go down backwards that first drop, you will be soaked for the rest of the ride, otherwise... your chances aren't all that great.

I'm so glad you got to do the exploration trails. They really are a hidden gem in Disney and most first-timers miss them so I'm glad you ended up in that direction. I've only been on the Maharajah Jungle Trek though, so I must check out Pangani. The Flights of Wonder show looks really cool too ::yes::

Awwww... I can't believe you didn't like ITTBAB. Personally, that is probably my favorite show in Disney (well, after Fantasmic, Wishes and IllumiNations), but it's so much fun for me. I always laugh so hard, though I guess if you aren't a huge fan of bugs then it isn't for you :confused3 But glad to see you tried it again after :-)

Awww... you guys definitely got a good bunch of M&Gs. Lilo & Stitch seemed to have had a lot of energy when you guys were there. Must've sensed you were newbies ;) And that's so great Zaheer ran up to give Terk a hug, so sweet. Those are the things that make these trips so special.

Yeah, DINOSAUR really isn't that scary. The first time I went on it, I just found it noisy, though it was fun, especially with the movements of the jeep. I wish though they would go back to the old movements, since I heard the original ride was much more intense in that aspect. Hopefully you got to see it full-on, because it isn't bad at all.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

We sure were! Think it was because the jet lag hadn't set in yet! :laughing:

I agree in that DTD and World of Disney Store are great! I have never seen a store so big that has nothing but Disney related items. We had some fun with silly hats and there are more pics coming up later on in the report. We returned during the day later on and there were kids just waiting by Stitch for him to spit water at them! The refillable mug came in handy during the trip and will be used at home now.

We loved AK and I do not have a steady hand hence some of the pics ended up blurry! There are some great photographers on these boards and I think I need to get some tips in before a next trip :) There are definitely more great rides on the horizon and you HAVE to try that jalapeno pretzel - it is AWESOME! :thumbsup2

I mentioned on my PTR that I wanted to get wet on every water ride - like you said that's the whole point of these attractions. I didn't realise that going down backwards on the first drop was the link with getting wet. Thanks for sharing.

Zaheer is a big animal lover so I wanted to incorporate as many interesting facts about animals for him. He loved the treks and Flights of Wonders show as well as something else that is coming up on our next day ;)

I would sit through ITTBAB again if someone else wanted to do it but could happily skip it. I love all the other shows you listed but am afraid will have to disagree with you on this one.

The character meets sure made the day extra special - Lilo n Stitch were hilarious! Like you said they must have guessed we were newbies but whatever the reason we loved the interaction!

I regret closing my eyes on Dinosaur as Zaheer did say there was nothing to it. I agree that it was loud and jerky but that didn't bother me too much. You will find out soon if I got to see it full on ;) Ooh the original ride sounds interesting though am not sure if I would want this ride to be any more intense!

Hope to update soon :)

Cute minnie shirt! Cute tiger shirt!

Great room location! Long travel day.

Your dinosaur picture is hysterical, you chicken! :rotfl2:

Zaheer is smiling in all his pictures, so it looks like he is convert!!!!

Fun start to the trip. Looking forward to more!

Thanks Mary Ellen! I made sure I had plenty of shirts for this trip! :laughing:

We loved our room location and how close it was to everything. The long travel day we did not enjoy so much, however we were excited to be at DisneyWorld!

:lmao: :lmao: I sure was a chicken on my first day, however I did get better!

He won't admit it but am pretty sure he is converted!!! Not sure if he will be keen to return so soon but I have overheard him talking to his friends about the trip and how he enjoyed it.

It sure was! Hoping to update soon.

Yay, I've caught up on this one also :) Your DTD and AK time sounds wonderful. I loved Tren-D too but managed not to spend any money in there. I stayed away from ITTBAB because I knew it would freak me out. I hope my brother doesn't want to see it when we're there!

Yay Chaitali glad to have you on both my reports and like I have already said I am excited about your upcoming trip!! :thumbsup2

DTD and AK sure were wonderful experiences! I had to stop going in Tren-D because all the outfits were too tempting but expensive. I laughed at your comment about ITTBAB. From what I've heard about your brother it sounds like you will be experiencing this in October! If so can't wait to hear about how you find it.

Hi, Tanz. I don't have time to catch up right now (still in Florida), but wanted to subscribe and I will get caught up when we get home later this week. :goodvibes

Thanks for subscribing Kathy! :goodvibes Hope you are having a great time and can't wait to hear all about it.

Fantastic update, loving all the details and pictures. I haven't gotten to your pre-TR yet, so I didn't know this is your first trip, how awesome! I'll have to go back and read it. I love ITTBAB, and wait in anticipation the whole show for the creepy crawlies! I laugh and scream every time, in glee of course. Unlike Dinosaur, which I also like a lot, I scream in terror every time! Just thinking about how scary that ride is to me is making me laugh :lmao: The timing of the sounds with the story and the lunging dinosaurs!!! Each and every picture from that ride is me with my eyes and mouth wide open screaming. :lmao: So glad you got to see Flights of Wonder, that show is a real gem, that Iguana Joe is so funny! (I think there's also a lady host, but I've never seen her) I also love the bats, they are so cool.

Aaw thanks for the compliments :goodvibes Yes, it was a first trip for the both of us and was AWESOME!!!! Hope you enjoy the PTR though I have to warn you it is very long - it was going for quite some time but I managed to pick up lots of tips through having it in place. All these lovers of ITTBAB! I will scream all the time - there were a couple of laughs during the viewing as well! I found handling Dinosaur to be easier than ITTBAB! Lol I suppose we all have those rides that terrify us and even thinking about them makes you feel funny! :rotfl:

I agree in that Flights of Wonder show is a gem that gets overlooked. Iguana Joe sure is funny and there is a lady host that we saw during our trip. Hope you get to see her on a future trip. Glad you like bats - when posting that pic I was worried about any DISers freaking out over them!

Great updates! I've always skipped ITBAB, and we didn't do dinosoar last time because I knew DD would hate it! :rotfl::rotfl: You're not alone!

Thanks! I will definitely be skipping ITTBAB on future trips unless anyone really wanted to see it. Lol I can imagine DD would hate Dinosaur! :rotfl2: It sure is scary!

Great start! I'm glad you started off at Animal Kingdom. How cool you got to meet Miss Bunny and Meeko as your first characters-those are two that aren't as easy to find so good job!

I LOVE the safari. I don't mind ITTBAB but I do agree about the bee stinging you. The funny thing is once you've done it before and know all the secrets, I usually just lean forward in my seat so I don't feel it. :laughing:

Thanks! I'm also happy that our first park was Animal Kingdom as we really enjoyed our time here. I was very pleased with meeting Miss Bunny and Meeko as my first characters. I had heard about how hard they were to fine and it was even better that they had short lines! :thumbsup2

The safari sure is great! I loved your animal pics and want to do one where I can just sit and take it all in without worrying about the camera! That was the thing about most attractions - as I did not know what to expect I was soo nervous but once I had been on them once I was a lot better as I knew what to expect! Though with ITTBAB it didn't get much better! :lmao:

Finally caught back up!

You really accomplished a lot in a short period of time, so far! Love the DTD visit, and I am SO JEALOUS OF YOU for getting a picture w/ Meeko!:laughing: I tried twice (once dragging Mike all the way through Camp Minnie Mickey) with no luck...I love that little rodent!

Wasn't the jalapeno pretzel to die for? :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your MK day!:thumbsup2

Finally caught back up!

You really accomplished a lot in a short period of time, so far! Love the DTD visit, and I am SO JEALOUS OF YOU for getting a picture w/ Meeko!:laughing: I tried twice (once dragging Mike all the way through Camp Minnie Mickey) with no luck...I love that little rodent!

Wasn't the jalapeno pretzel to die for? :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your MK day!:thumbsup2

Yay! :thumbsup2

We sure did and like I've said before think it was because the jet lag had not set in yet and we were excited to be at Disney World! Hehehe we were lucky in meeting Miss Bunny and Meeko as soon as we had entered the parks when they did not even have much of a queue.

Lol at dragging Mike around in an attempt to find him! :lmao: You'll just have to return so you can meet him on a future trip.

I've just said this on my DR but that jalapeno pretzel = :cloud9: :cloud9: It sure is to die for!

MK day coming up soon though we have our evening to post about first which includes elements of MK.

Subbing! Sounds like a great trip so far!

:welcome: Thank you for subbing! It sure was a great trip and I can promise it gets better :goodvibes

Hi Tanz!
I've been away this weekend and off the boards but just found your TR! :goodvibes

Love all the photos, great first day at Animal Kingdom... I'm yet to see 'Wonders of Flight' show, think I should though! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

I subbed in and can't wait to read about your WDW adventure.

:welcome: thank you for subbing! I'm hoping to post the next installment in a few minutes.

Hi Tanz!
I've been away this weekend and off the boards but just found your TR! :goodvibes

Love all the photos, great first day at Animal Kingdom... I'm yet to see 'Wonders of Flight' show, think I should though! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma!

Thank you for finding my TR and joining! Hope you had a lovely weekend away :goodvibes

We loved our first day at AK - I hope you get to see the 'Flights of Wonder' show one day - it is so worth it! I love how no matter how many times you go to Disney there are still new things to experience. I have just mentioned this on your TR but we never made it to the golf courses this time - hope to have a game on a future trip.

So after our rest we got ready to for our evening meal at California Grill. We walked to the MK bus stop and someone smiled at me whilst I was waiting in line. I smiled back thinking they were just being polite and thought nothing more of it. Got on the bus and started a conversation with Zaheer. We were both standing so I had my back turned to whoever was sat on the other side. I turned around to look out the window and noticed someone with a DIS badge. I had left mine behind on my day bag so I started a conversation.

Well, it only turned out to be Sandy (mamabbate) and her daughter Elizabeth!!! It's a small world after all!! :laughing: They had only just arrived and were on their way to MK. We said our goodbyes (forgot to get a pic!) and went to get the monorail to Contemporary. The ride on the monorail was fun! We got to Contemporary and browsed in the shops and took some pics before making our way to California Grill.

226-1.jpg

223-1.jpg
224-1.jpg

We were given a pager and it went off just as we were on the elevator - didn't have to wait at all!

I asked to be seated at a window table and our request was granted. We enjoyed seeing the sunset - it was beautiful!

228-1.jpg
229-1.jpg

230-1.jpg

After we were seated and explained our situation to our server Chef Jason came to speak with us. He was very helpful and told us he had some ribeye steak. We were able to choose any vegetables from the menu to accompany our steak. I opted for mushrooms, beets and stir fry vegetables whereas Zaheer chose seasonal vegetables and snap peas.

Our server (think her name was Jenny) bought us our drinks and bread. However the main course was going to take a short time so once we had eaten some bread we went outside to see the view.

222-1.jpg

We came back inside once our main courses had arrived and they were both very good.

256-1.jpg
257-1.jpg

For dessert I chose the chocolate valrhona cake with ice cream. I have said this before but this dessert is AWESOME!!!! If you ever eat at CG get this dessert - you will not be disappointed!

260-1.jpg

Zaheer went with the chocolate creme brulee but liked my dessert much more - I shared a tiny bit with him!

258-1.jpg

Once we had eaten and settled the bill we went outside to watch Wishes. OMG!!!! This was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! It was such a magical way to end the evening and I have to admit I had a couple of tears in my eyes at the end! I loved it and couldn't wait to get in the parks and see this show at MK.

251-1.jpg
262-1.jpg
270-1.jpg
274-1.jpg

After Wishes we got the monorail back to MK. We thought about going to TTC and then Epcot but thought that would be just as busy with Illuminations having just ended. Boy was going to MK a big mistake!!! We got to the bus stop and the line was moving nicely until lo and behold the police had to get involved because a fight was taking place :eek: We were too far back to see anything but really people do you have to fight at the happiest place on earth! I can't understand why people would behave in such a manner. After this we waited for 50 minutes before getting on a bus :sad2: The only positive side was that we got to watch the Electrical Water Pagaent whilst waiting.

276-1.jpg
277-1.jpg

Somehow, I don't think we will be making rope drop tomorrow.

Got back to Pop (took this pic along the way) and went to sleep.

279-1.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add the highs and lows for today!

Highs:

Meeting all the character in Animal Kingdom
Having a DIS meet on the bus!
Our meal at California Grill
Watching Wishes for the first time!

Lows:

None - okay we had the fight and had to wait 50 minutes for the bus but think as it was our first full day we didn't let it get to us.

Coming next: Our first glimpse of the castle from inside the parks!

WHAT!? HAhaha omg a fight in the bus line? Wow... I agree with you, the happiest place on Earth is no place for a fight.
I'm glad you guys had a great evening other than the bus hold up though. California Grill looks absolutely beautiful!

I can't believe people were fighting at WDW...but then again, the heat and crowds do weird things to otherwise calm and normal people.

Your California Grill dinner sounds great. It's nice that you were able to get your window seat request and could see the sunset while you ate. That dessert looks delicious; I could see why Zaheer wanted to share it! :rotfl:

I can only imagine how nice Wishes must have been from the balcony. And seeing it for the first time there must have been really special. (And I bet it made you even more excited to see it up close. :laughing:)

I can't wait to hear how your first MK day went!

Sounds like a wonderful evening, except for the waiting after the fight of course :) Shame on those people! I've been wanting to try California Grill for a while now, and finally got reservations for our December trip. I bet you guys were pretty tuckered out by the end of such a long wonderful day :)

Your dinner at California Grill was lovely. That is one of places I want to eat someday with just my DH. I keep saying we will put our kids in one of the baybsitting clubs and then have an adult evening, but we never seem to take the time to do it.

hey Tanz,

How did the fridge swap work out for you? Your trip report and dining report are great so far keep the updates coming.
BW

WHAT!? HAhaha omg a fight in the bus line? Wow... I agree with you, the happiest place on Earth is no place for a fight.
I'm glad you guys had a great evening other than the bus hold up though. California Grill looks absolutely beautiful!

I know! We couldn't believe it either! Why would you want to fight at the place where dreams come true? :confused3

California Grill was great - we sure loved it here and would like to return one day.

I can't believe people were fighting at WDW...but then again, the heat and crowds do weird things to otherwise calm and normal people.

Your California Grill dinner sounds great. It's nice that you were able to get your window seat request and could see the sunset while you ate. That dessert looks delicious; I could see why Zaheer wanted to share it! :rotfl:

I can only imagine how nice Wishes must have been from the balcony. And seeing it for the first time there must have been really special. (And I bet it made you even more excited to see it up close. :laughing:)

I can't wait to hear how your first MK day went!

At the time that's what we thought as well. Some people have been in the parks from early in the morning and tired out - it made us appreciate our breaks during the day. However, there were kids in the queue and am pretty sure the parents didn't appreciate them having to see/hear about a fight taking place at Disney World.

California Grill was AMAZING! We loved seeing the sunset and thanks to the dining boards I knew all along that I wanted to order that dessert. Think I was in a sharing mood as it was our first TS meal of the trip! :laughing:

Wishes was magical! :cloud9: I'm so glad I got to see it on my first night from the balcony and it sure made me excited about the possibility of seeing it in the parks later on in the trip!

Hope to have our first MK day up soon :)

Sounds like a wonderful evening, except for the waiting after the fight of course :) Shame on those people! I've been wanting to try California Grill for a while now, and finally got reservations for our December trip. I bet you guys were pretty tuckered out by the end of such a long wonderful day :)

It sure was a great evening to the perfect day and even the waiting didn't get to us too much - think if it had happened later on in the trip it would have been a completely different story! :lmao:

:woohoo: on having reservation at California Grill for your December trip! You have to try the chocolate valrhona cake! We sure had a nice long sleep after having such a wonderful start to our vacation :goodvibes

Your dinner at California Grill was lovely. That is one of places I want to eat someday with just my DH. I keep saying we will put our kids in one of the baybsitting clubs and then have an adult evening, but we never seem to take the time to do it.

Thanks - it sure was! I hope you get to have a meal with DH here one day as it would be a great 'date' night ;)

hey Tanz,

How did the fridge swap work out for you? Your trip report and dining report are great so far keep the updates coming.
BW

Hey BW! Welcome and thanks for the compliment! :goodvibes

Sorry I never PM'd you on our return - the fridge swap worked out great and we enjoyed having it in our room! We didn't use the coffee maker as had our refillable mug to keep us going. Hope the person after us received it okay - I left it with their details on at the front desk.

Oooo... California Grill, nice choice! I would love to eat there, but it's one of the more formal offerings so I would have to get dressed and I prefer the casual in Disney World, well... in most situations, though it would be cool to watch Wishes from there. :goodvibes

Oh, that's awesome you got to enjoy your first DIS Meet on your first full day. I've never had a DIS Meet so you were pretty lucky you got one, most likely because I totally got caught up in the magic and didn't get the chance to look around for some DISers. Hopefully next trip :thumbsup2

Oh, that food looks so good! Maybe this is starting to change my mind... your dessert looks very good and the steak as well... And I just had dinner! Of course, the next update to read tonight had a ton of food pictures. Urrrrggghhhh... I'm so glad you liked Wishes, it really is an amazing show! Having seen it once I could never go on a trip without seeing it at least once :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! I can't believe a fight broke out in Disney, when the police had to get involved. That is so rare to hear, even on the DIS, where no day of the year is DISer-less :-)confused3). It is just ridiculous. You are in the happiest place on Earth (well, that's DL, but it works for both WDW and DL), why in the world would you end up in a fight? :sad2: Well, at least you got to see the EWP, a definite plus.

Oooo... California Grill, nice choice! I would love to eat there, but it's one of the more formal offerings so I would have to get dressed and I prefer the casual in Disney World, well... in most situations, though it would be cool to watch Wishes from there. :goodvibes

It sure was a great choice! I'm glad we spent 2 TS credits at this place. We have another signature coming up later and let's say it just wasn't the same :confused3

Lol I know it's meant to be a formal setting but we saw many people that were casually dressed here so you may not have to dress up as much as you think you do. It sure was cool watching Wishes from a different view point :thumbsup2

Oh, that's awesome you got to enjoy your first DIS Meet on your first full day. I've never had a DIS Meet so you were pretty lucky you got one, most likely because I totally got caught up in the magic and didn't get the chance to look around for some DISers. Hopefully next trip :thumbsup2

I know! I wasn't expecting to meet anyone so early into our trip and probably would have missed them as well if I hadn't turned to see out of the window! Yay for buses having windows that you just want to look out of! :laughing:

I hope you get to meet some DISers next trip as it was great to share our experiences. We have a couple of others coming up as well ;)

Oh, that food looks so good! Maybe this is starting to change my mind... your dessert looks very good and the steak as well... And I just had dinner! Of course, the next update to read tonight had a ton of food pictures. Urrrrggghhhh... I'm so glad you liked Wishes, it really is an amazing show! Having seen it once I could never go on a trip without seeing it at least once :goodvibes

Haha yes it was very good! I'm happy that it is making you change your mind. The food was delicious and I feel hungry on these boards no matter what time I come on here! :rotfl:

I totally get what you mean about Wishes! I would hate to not watch that show during a trip though there is another show coming up which blows me away!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe a fight broke out in Disney, when the police had to get involved. That is so rare to hear, even on the DIS, where no day of the year is DISer-less :-)confused3). It is just ridiculous. You are in the happiest place on Earth (well, that's DL, but it works for both WDW and DL), why in the world would you end up in a fight? :sad2: Well, at least you got to see the EWP, a definite plus.

I know! I don't think I have ever read about a fight where police have had to get involved on these boards either! Trust that to happen during our trip! :lmao:

I thought exactly the same though WDW is the happiest place on earth for me ;) I really need to plan another trip to DLP at some point - I went once as a child and do not remember much about it. It's also changed since my visit.

Watching EWP was a definite plus and it was the only time we saw it.

Hope to update more soon :)

Wow sorry you had to wait so long for a bus! That sucks...at least you had a little entertainment (Water Pageant and the fight! :lmao:)

I had Jenny as my server last time I ate at CG. She was really great!

California Grill looks great! I want that chocolate cake :laughing:. We'll have to try to get there sometime when the kids are older...or actually get a babysitter sometime and go--that would be nice!

I think that's the second time in the past couple of weeks I've read stories here about people fighting at bus stops! What's wrong with people?!

Yum, the food looks really good. I would agree that your dessert probably ended up being the better choice.

:scared1: OMG at seeing the fight! I often ask myself this too with people. Life is not that serious that people have to make such a big deal about things, but they do and I just don't get it.

At least you got to see the Electrical Water Pageant.

I do love Wishes. It's okay that you got choked up. I get choked up when I watch it too. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter