'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

Hey you started your TR already :scared1:
Looks like you had a great first day and you were in the same building as us. I was in room 3320

Yum! I'm eating at Cali Grill for the first time - next week! :woohoo: I'm really looking forward to trying it, and I was totally all over that dessert you had until you posted what Zaheer ordered. I'm afraid I can never pass on creme brulee, so that will be what I get. Hopefully someone else will order your dessert and let me have a bite ;)

Wow sorry you had to wait so long for a bus! That sucks...at least you had a little entertainment (Water Pageant and the fight! :lmao:)

I had Jenny as my server last time I ate at CG. She was really great!

Thanks! It was okay though as it was our first night so we didn't mind that much. Yes, we sure got a little entertainment - am guessing the fight was better viewing if you were further on in the line! :rotfl: However the Water Pageant was a cool watch.

Jenny sure was great! She made sure we had everything we needed though she had a big table nearby and was very busy.

California Grill looks great! I want that chocolate cake :laughing:. We'll have to try to get there sometime when the kids are older...or actually get a babysitter sometime and go--that would be nice!

I think that's the second time in the past couple of weeks I've read stories here about people fighting at bus stops! What's wrong with people?!

California Grill is great! I would love to go back for another meal here. Haha I want that chocolate cake again aswell! :lmao: I hope you get to try it one day...being able to get a babysitter and have an evening alone sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2

I know! Come on people! You are at the happiest place on earth - why would you want to fight?

Yum, the food looks really good. I would agree that your dessert probably ended up being the better choice.

:scared1: OMG at seeing the fight! I often ask myself this too with people. Life is not that serious that people have to make such a big deal about things, but they do and I just don't get it.

At least you got to see the Electrical Water Pageant.

I do love Wishes. It's okay that you got choked up. I get choked up when I watch it too. :cloud9:

The food sure was good and we both agreed that my dessert was the better choice that evening.

I know - sure wasn't expecting that on my first full day at Disney World! :eek: I'm with you - totally don't get why you would get wound up over such small things. It isn't worth it and totally ruins the trip - well it would for me anyway.

Yeah, that was the positive thing to come out of it as we never got to see it again.

I sure love Wishes - before our trip I used to watch videos of the show and enjoy them. Now I just get emotional and it brings back memories of our trip! :lmao: I'm happy to hear that it's okay to get choked up during the viewing of Wishes :goodvibes

Hey you started your TR already :scared1:
Looks like you had a great first day and you were in the same building as us. I was in room 3320

Yes, I started!!! :cool1: I needed something to get over the post Disney blues and these boards seemed to be the answer.

We sure did have a great first day and yay on being in the same building! That sure was a great location.

Can't wait to read your TR and see what you choose as your title ;)

Yum! I'm eating at Cali Grill for the first time - next week! :woohoo: I'm really looking forward to trying it, and I was totally all over that dessert you had until you posted what Zaheer ordered. I'm afraid I can never pass on creme brulee, so that will be what I get. Hopefully someone else will order your dessert and let me have a bite ;)

:woohoo: on eating at Cali Grill for the first time next week!!! Have a great meal! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this place and was really excited that you were going to order my dessert until I read further on and realised that you are passing it up for the creme brulee! :laughing:

I hope someone else orders the dessert I had so you get to taste it and see why I have been raving about it so much ;)

More lovely pics from CG! :cloud9:

Aaw thanks Shannon! :goodvibes It sure was a great place to eat and I hope you get to try it one day.

Went back to read the history and just finished reading your PTR. Thanks so much for putting in the links :) Can't wait to hear what else you were able to cross off the list. Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP, I'd love to get down there during that time.

I love the Cali Grill! What a wonderful dinner and overall experience you had. I wish I could see your pictures now! :headache: So - I'll be back!

I will note you choice of dessert and recommend it to Nicholas since we are eating there in December. Heck - never mind Nick, I'll eat it myself. :rotfl:

What a beautiful sunset shot! Just gorgeous.

Yup - that chocolate cake looks amazing!

Cute outfit!

Went back to read the history and just finished reading your PTR. Thanks so much for putting in the links :) Can't wait to hear what else you were able to cross off the list. Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP, I'd love to get down there during that time.

Aaw thank you for reading the PTR and joining in on the dining reviews! :goodvibes I'm glad the links helped, especially as we had made lots of changes during the planning stages! ;)

I can't wait to share more about our trip and what else we managed to accomplish. MNSSHP will be coming up later as well - I'm so happy we got to attend on our first trip :)

I love the Cali Grill! What a wonderful dinner and overall experience you had. I wish I could see your pictures now! :headache: So - I'll be back!

I will note you choice of dessert and recommend it to Nicholas since we are eating there in December. Heck - never mind Nick, I'll eat it myself. :rotfl:

Cali Grill was amazing! We loved our meal here! Glad you came back to see the pictures Mary Ellen :goodvibes

Definitely order that dessert - you will not be disappointed! :laughing: If Nick doesn't order it he will be regretting his decision and be wanting to eat your dessert! That's what happened during our meal ;)

Aww YAY! I found it! Can't wait to hear more! :)

Although I'm bummed we didn't end up running into eachother

YAY!!! I'm soo happy that you found my TR! :goodvibes I can't wait to share more with you.

I'm bummed about that as well though you never know we could be in each other pics but just not know that we were at the same place at the same time :confused3

Are you starting a TR soon? Can't wait to read along.

What a beautiful sunset shot! Just gorgeous.

Yup - that chocolate cake looks amazing!

Cute outfit!

Aaw thanks Mary Ellen! Being able to see it was gorgeous especially with the weather we get here in the UK! :lmao:

Yup - it sure was. I really should learn to keep secrets better as I want to be able to experience indulging in this cake on a future trip!

Thanks! I enjoyed being able to change before going to dinner.

I love that you were able to turn the negative of waiting into the positive of seeing the Electrical Light Parade!

It looks like a lovely dinner!

I love that you were able to turn the negative of waiting into the positive of seeing the Electrical Light Parade!

It looks like a lovely dinner!

Haha we loved that as well! :thumbsup2 Like I mentioned earlier I think we were in a more forgiving mood with it still being our first full day. Had this happened later on in the trip it may have been a different story! :laughing:

We really enjoyed our dinner and it was a nice way to begin our vacation.

I'm glad you had such a nice experience at CG! I would like to try it someday, if only to watch Wishes from there!

Really, what is so bad that you have to fight at Disney? Mostly likely in front of your kids! We saw a couple yelling at each other, loudy! We just moved past them quickly!

What a lovely evening, excluding the fight in line:lmao: Unbelievable isn't it? Cali Grill is our favorite restaurant on property and we can't wait to visit again!

how lovely that you had a mini Dis-meet on the bus....so nice:thumbsup2

I'm glad you had such a nice experience at CG! I would like to try it someday, if only to watch Wishes from there!

Really, what is so bad that you have to fight at Disney? Mostly likely in front of your kids! We saw a couple yelling at each other, loudy! We just moved past them quickly!

Thanks! I hope you get to try it one day - just being able to watch Wishes was great! The food was an added bonus :lmao:

My thoughts exactly! Oh no at seeing a couple yelling at each other - am glad you didn't have to watch them for too long :thumbsup2

What a lovely evening, excluding the fight in line:lmao: Unbelievable isn't it? Cali Grill is our favorite restaurant on property and we can't wait to visit again!

how lovely that you had a mini Dis-meet on the bus....so nice:thumbsup2

It sure was a lovely evening and we didn't even let that fight get to us! :laughing: We couldn't believe it at the time :confused3 I can't wait to read your review when you get to dine here again - every time I hear it mentioned it reminds me of our meal.

That was unexpected but very nice - I got better at taking pics when I met people after this one. It was so nice to be able to share experiences with others and we were chatting as if we had known each other for a long time! I sure love these boards :goodvibes

So after the late return to our room in the last post it comes of no surprise that we did not wake up until 7.45am - no getting to see the MK rope drop today.

Got ready, waited for Zaheer and we than went to Everything Pop to get some coffee. We knew we were going to be eating breakfast in the parks and luckily the MK bus was waiting for us when we got to the bus stop.

We got to Magic Kingdom, soaked in the atmosphere and walked down Main Street.

DSCF0388-1.jpg
DSCF0390-1.jpg

We ate at the bakery here. I got a chocolate croissant which was very nice. Zaheer got a cinnamon roll with grapes and milk.

DSCF0392-2.jpg

After we had eaten we went to the art blowing store. I loved all the figurines.

DSCF0393-1.jpg

We saw the Main Street Trolley Parade and I knew we had to stop and watch it! I was soo excited (imagine a small kid about to get a toy!) and that was me! I loved watching them perfom and was singing and dancing along with them.

DSCF0395-1.jpg
DSCF0396-1.jpg
DSCF0399-1.jpg

We went to Guest Services to get a GAC card incase my bad hip decided to play up. Luckily I never needed to use this as my leg remained good during the trip.

We walked to the castle stopping along the way to take it all in and take some memorable photos.

DSCF0402-1.jpg
DSCF0403-1.jpg
DSCF0404-1.jpg
DSCF0405-1.jpg
DSCF0408-1.jpg

I don't think I quite believed that we were actually in Magic Kingdom and in front of the castle - it took a while for it to all sink in.

When we reached our destination we saw that the Dream Along With Mickey show was going to take place in 5 minutes. We decided to stop and see it. This show was AMAZING!!! We LOVED it!!! There were soo many characters in this show - Mickey and friends, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Princesses and Princes as well as Queen Maleficint. We took lots of pictures and there are even some videos - I hope the links work.

DSCF0418-1.jpg
DSCF0419-1.jpg
DSCF0420-1.jpg
DSCF0422-1.jpg
DSCF0424-1.jpg
DSCF0428-1.jpg
DSCF0429-1.jpg
DSCF0431-1.jpg
DSCF0432-1.jpg
DSCF0434-1.jpg
DSCF0435-1.jpg
DSCF0436-1.jpg

More pics and the videos coming up - reached picture limit.

DAWM continued...

DSCF0439-1.jpg

DSCF0440-1.jpg
DSCF0441-1.jpg

DSCF0442-1.jpg
DSCF0443-1.jpg
DSCF0444-1.jpg
DSCF0446-1.jpg
DSCF0449-1.jpg
DSCF0451-1.jpg
DSCF0455-1.jpg
DSCF0456-1.jpg

And the videos

I'm soo glad we got to see this show but it was now 10.55am and we hadn't been on a single ride!

It was time to fix that so we headed to Frontierland. We rode Splash Mountain and I loved the theming and the drop - AWESOME!! Zaheer however had a different opinion. He was glad that he had got on it once but was quick to let me know he wasn't going on it again and if I wanted to ride it was going to be solo.

DSCF0457-1.jpg
DSCF0458-1.jpg

We are in the third row. It's funny because I had my arms in the air and Zaheer was trying to hold onto me. As a result he blocked his own face in the photo!

BTMRR had a 10 minute queue but we barely noticed it! We rode it twice and asked for front row second time around. This was an attraction we both enjoyed.

DSCF0465-1.jpg
DSCF0471-1.jpg

After the rides we waited for a meet with Jessie and Woody. There was a long queue and flies everywhere (think there was something in the litter bin closeby) however the wait was so worth it. We enjoyed meeting these two however the heat was getting to us a little bit.

DSCF0485-1.jpg
DSCF0488-1.jpg
DSCF0490-1.jpg

To get out of the heat we went to Country Bear Jamboree. This was okay and funny in parts - we were just glad to be in the air conditioning for a bit.

DSCF0491-1.jpg
DSCF0493-1.jpg
DSCF0495-1.jpg

We saw this Indian Chief after the show and both wanted to get a photo with him.

DSCF0496-1.jpg
DSCF0497-1.jpg

More coming right up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter