Which 2 bed room at Bay Lake ?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I was looking for a little advice please.

I’m hoping to book two rooms at the 11 month mark for New Years,(one studio and one 2 bed).

We are ‘paying’ for our extended family to stay in the two bed, whilst the four of us will have the studio.

My plan had been to book them a 2 bed theme park view for 12/31 & 1/1 & ourselves a studio (any view we can get!) for 3 nights including 12/30 as well.

However, I see that there is probably a need to walk the reservation, & I have realised that due to the high points needed to walk over 12/25 & 12/26 that I haven’t enough points to walk two reservations, if one of the rooms is a theme park 2 bed.

So I have a couple of questions for your recommendations please - I’m firstly wondering whether to try and book the family a lesser view and then I have enough points to walk both rooms, then I’d just hope I could switch them to the theme park view once we get to the ‘cheaper’ 11 month window for my dates. This would at least give me the reassurance of knowing we were guaranteed to have something at BLT for New year, even if we are unable to ‘upgrade’ them. Do you think that’s the ‘safest’ way for me to guarantee my bookings? Do you think I’m likely to be able to swap their room to a 2 bed theme park view at the 11mth mark, or will those be snatched up by walkers well before the 11 month window for NYE?

Also, if I was able to get them a standard view 2 bed, I’ve realised today that that would free up enough points for us to stay in a studio for a fourth night (that would be great as we were currently having to pay OOP for a night elsewhere, which would be a pain!), but that would mean they would be ‘stuck’ with the standard view.

Its my Uncles 60th birthday on NYE and I’d been planning to watch the fireworks from their 2 bed theme park view with drinks. But if I don’t/can’t book a theme park view for them, I’m just wondering what other options you recommend for that night? I understand that we wouldn’t be able to go to TOTWL to watch the fireworks, as even if there isn’t a private pay for event next year, only my family are DVC members, so I couldn’t take them up there, is that right? Any other suggestions of where we could watch them? I was thinking that if we had a theme park view studio, we could invite them down there literally for the 20 mins to watch the fireworks, taking turns to stand on the balcony (there will be 12 of us though so that’s not ideal! Lol!)

I just want to make this as
memorable for us all as possible, but my measly points total seems to be scuppering my plans!! Any suggestions to make this a great couple of nights would be much appreciated!! Many thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter