• All-Star Movies

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • All-Star Sports

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • All-Star Music

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Sports is my pick. On the rare occasion the All Stars share a bus, the Sports is the first stop. The food court was redone just a couple of years ago, and looks great. My last stay my room was on the back side of a Surfs Up building, and it was very quiet.
I totally agree with this. When they do share buses, sports is picked up/dropped off first. The layout of sports is great....getting to your room from the main building isnt very far, no matter which section you stay in. And yes, the food court was just refurbed. I love the main pool area. The giant surboards and the boardwalk really does give it that beachy vibe. Its one of my fave value resorts!

Movies is nice too, but I like Sports better. As for Music, meh. My first impression of the place wasnt that good. For some odd reason, the resort looked tired and dated to me. And the layout, omg, its one of the worst layouts out of all the values. Getting to your room takes forever, or so it seems. This is my opinion and impression (despite the fact that I had issues with bed bugs in my room).

If refillable mugs are part of your trip, I learned elsewhere that Sports is the only value hotel to offer 24/7 access to the drink fountains. (Or so I've heard... makes up for sports theme which I am not very fond of... haven't been there yet)

Here is why I choose Music. It's in the middle. It is also the smaller of the three with Music having 1604 rooms and the other two have 1920 each. That means less people in the restuarant, less at the pool, etc. Also, being in the middle you can walk back and forth to their pools, restuarant, gift shops, etc. Finally, after staying at Music every year since 09, the chance of having to share a bus is so negligible that it shouldn't even be brought up for consideration. They share, as all resorts do, in the low times, mid afternoon.

If refillable mugs are part of your trip, I learned elsewhere that Sports is the only value hotel to offer 24/7 access to the drink fountains. (Or so I've heard... makes up for sports theme which I am not very fond of... haven't been there yet)
Thanks! I do plan on getting the dining plan that comes with the mugs, but we are not big soda, coffee, or juice drinkers so they're really just souvenirs for us:)

I love the main pool area. The giant surboards and the boardwalk really does give it that beachy vibe.
Definitely!:)

I think the Surfboard Bay area is the prettiest area of the 3 All-Stars(although Music has the coolest shaped Pools!).:)

35551065193_0501674820_h.jpg

Last edited:
Voted Sports because that is our favorite, many recent stays, great main pool area, newer food court and first on/off on bus IF they share.

BUT when I factor in your kids ages, I would consider Movies. They will love the icons and youthful feel to the resort.

I can not suggest Music, it is the least Disney with minimal nods in decor, it's laid out different so unless you pay extra for preferred could result in long walks and it's very dark at night.

Movie or Music is my choice never stayed at Sports. And never stayed at any all star during summer.

Here is why I choose Music. It's in the middle. It is also the smaller of the three with Music having 1604 rooms and the other two have 1920 each. That means less people in the restuarant, less at the pool, etc. Also, being in the middle you can walk back and forth to their pools, restuarant, gift shops, etc. Finally, after staying at Music every year since 09, the chance of having to share a bus is so negligible that it shouldn't even be brought up for consideration. They share, as all resorts do, in the low times, mid afternoon.

Music has less rooms because they converted some to suites that sleep more. Even at full capacity the difference is nominal. Movies and Sports would cap out at @7500 and Music would cap out at @6800. Odds are rooms not at capacity so any given time one would be no more crowded than another.

Music however has the largest footprint and is the most spread out. For folks staying standard they could have a much longer walk than the other two resorts standard rooms.

And not all resorts share buses. POP Century and AoA, both values share with no one. And some of the others do not share. I have almost always shared at AllStars going to Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom (unless the new bus depot has changed this)- the signs at AK over the queue are permanent that the Allstars share returning to resort. Epcot and Studios also shares heading back to hotel any time I have been. So yes, buses should be a consideration IF it is an issue for a guest.

Epcot_Bus_2_2009_1.jpg

gsadasdf163.jpg

oiuhadgsad2.jpg

Music has less rooms because they converted some to suites that sleep more. Even at full capacity the difference is nominal. Movies and Sports would cap out at @7500 and Music would cap out at @6800. Odds are rooms not at capacity so any given time one would be no more crowded than another.

Music however has the largest footprint and is the most spread out. For folks staying standard they could have a much longer walk than the other two resorts standard rooms.

And not all resorts share buses. POP Century and AoA, both values share with no one. And some of the others do not share. I have almost always shared at AllStars going to Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom (unless the new bus depot has changed this)- the signs at AK over the queue are permanent that the Allstars share returning to resort. Epcot and Studios also shares heading back to hotel any time I have been. So yes, buses should be a consideration IF it is an issue for a guest.

Epcot_Bus_2_2009_1.jpg

gsadasdf163.jpg

oiuhadgsad2.jpg

Great pics to illustrate the All-Stars do share quite a bit returning from the parks.:)

Just a note-while DAK "almost" always shares,DHS and Epcot do split into 3 separate stops a good bit at Peak times(Park Close,etc).(And MK is "almost" always 3 stops).

(I usually stay at Sports and will hop on a Movies or Music bus and walk back to Sports if that will get me Home faster.:))

I've stayed at Music and Sports before, and I really prefer Music. They're all the same if you take out the theme, but I enjoy being in the middle so if there's a special item only available at one of the other two hotels, it's an easy walk between them.

-Exagie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter