• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which Car Rental co should I use?

I see what you're saying. I thought you meant that we (as drivers and passengers) wouldn't be covered by the Car Insurance. That's where Travel insurance would come in.
I assume that when it says SLI is included, then it means just that. But I guess you'd have to check before booking as to whether it covers people or not. I can't see that it wouldn't though.

I see what you're saying. I thought you meant that we (as drivers and passengers) wouldn't be covered by the Car Insurance. .

Apologies, my wording was about as confusing as the policies themselves. :rotfl:

When I read the words 'drivers and passengers' I assumed it to mean any drivers or passengers, including those in other vehicles. However, you are probably correct, it probably means only those in the rented car (who are usually covered by the medical part of their Travel Insurance).
I think if I was to hire with Traveljigsaw I would want a better description of the SLI, since it doesn't mention it at all in the description of it's insurances, or on any of the pages where you actually book the car. In all likelihood it is probably just the standard SLI you get with most car companies and I'm being paranoid. But I tend to over-analyse T&Cs that relate to any form of insurance as I know of people who've had to fight for their right to insurance over silly technicalities. I often think these policies are written as clear as mud on purpose.

Apologies, my wording was about as confusing as the policies themselves. :rotfl:

Ok, so I looked more into the T&c's of Hiring a car and now have a headache!
this is from Travel Jigsaw:
Collision Damage Waiver reduces the renter's liability from the total cost of the damage to an excess amount, where applicable, unless the renter intentionally causes the damage, is under the influence of drink or drugs, or uses the car in a prohibited or negligent way – such as driving off main roads or hiring to other parties. CDW covers liability for damage to the car or its parts. In most locations, windscreens, tyres, undercarriage, replacement locks, replacement keys and towing charges are not covered under the CDW policy. Other exclusions may apply and can differ between car hire companies, so we recommend checking these exclusions with the car hire company when picking the car up.

Theft Protection (TP)
Theft Protection reduces the renter's liability in the event of theft or damage caused due to theft or attempted theft of the car to an excess amount, where applicable. Negligence connected with the theft of/damage to the car may lead to the car hire company requiring the full amount for the cost of the car.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Please check carefully the details of the cover provided by the car hire company. It is not unusual for third-party cover to exclude members of your immediate family or members of the same home address who travel with you, the renter, in the car. Top-up policies will normally be available to purchase directly from the car hire company, or such cover may already be included in your holiday insurance. For peace of mind, we strongly recommend that you, the renter, familiarise yourself fully with the extent of the cover provided with any rental and, where necessary, take out additional cover in respect of your spouse and any children or close relatives who will be accompanying you in the car.

Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
This optional insurance may be covered by your holiday insurance (please check before you, the renter, travel). If you require PAI, it can be purchased at the car hire counter when you pick the car up.

But still no mention of SLI!:surfweb:

and Cover-more ins only covers excess

As I said earlier, SLI is mentioned when you click on the Terms and Conditions tab under the car that you are going to choose.
I believe this would cover other people in other cars.
Your travel insurance would cover you and passengers in your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter