Which park in the rain

giwaters

Earning My Ears
The forecast for Sunday says 80% chance of rain. First family trip. I had planned to go to Epcot on Sunday. We have three day park hoppers. We do have extra day without plans so have some flexibility. Do you recommend doing Disney Quest on a rainy day, something else or just toughing it out.

I like going to the parks on rainy days. There's never any lines! I like doing MGM in the rain because there's so many indoor attractions and shows. Epcot's Future World would be okay in the rain because you have the indoor pavilions. World Showcase would be okay if it was sprinkling, but make sure you go back on a day when it's dry so you'll see all the entertainment.

I would bring my ponchos and head to Epcot on Sunday. If it starts raining, you can take a short boat ride over to MGM. An 80 percent chance of rain could just mean a short shower.

I would say MGM is best. As swilphil said, most of their rides/attractions are indoors. So you only have to worry about getting wet walkng from ride to ride. And you still get to enjoy being at a park. This way you can save your extra day for lounging at the pool or playing mini golf!

One advantage of doing MGM on a rainy day is that if it really rains hard or for an extended period of time, you can eat at the commissary. If my memory is correct, for counter service food... the food was good, it is pretty good sized, and it is enclosed to protect you from the wind, rain, lightning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter