Which resort is a never or never again for you?

We LOVE most things about CBR. The Skyliner is a game changer in my opinion. I don't find the rooms that offensive. I read about people hating them. I just don't see it. Now the buses can drive you crazy. But 2 of the 4 parks can be reached by Skyliner. We usually get off at Old Port Royal, grab a snack and a drink, hang out, then walk back to our room.

We LOVE POFQ, would stay here again if I can't get CBR. It is small and just lovely. Plus you can walk to Riverside and take the boat to Disney Springs.

We did AoA once. It was our first trip, our son was 7 and huge Cars fan. His face when we arrived at Radiator Springs, was just perfect. But no need to stay here again. Personally I think the family suites are a perfect choice for first time vistors looking for that "Disney Feel".

I will not stay at a Value resort. Too motel looking. But also, we go to Disney when there are usually Cheer comps happening. It makes things very chaotic. So I'll pass.

Stayed at AKL - that is a one a done. LOVED the pool, but not the long hallways and the forever bus rides to get to every park except AK.

Just my 2 cents. :)

We own DVC and the one resort for us is BWV. Stayed there the last two times and that’s it we’re done. No quick service in the resort only the bakery. The rooms need some refreshing and the pool area although they got rid of the clown face still needs a refurb imo. I do love that area for its location but would stay at BCV next time!!

The QS food situation at BW is terrible. I'll still stay there, but only for a short trip, and we get groceries. And forget about getting a refillable mug there!

An absolute never would be tent camping. Even if was free. I don’t camp in real life and have no desire to do it at Disney.

I have no desire to stay at the FW cabins or a value. The issue with the cabins is the theming and the values just seem “loud.” Plus they have no hot tubs or pool slide. I thought of doing a value/BC split but DD and I both agreed that the values are just overstimulating. We decided on CSR instead.

OKW and SSR do nothing for me (look like condos to me) but if I was doing a last minute trip and one of the rental sites was offering an awesome deal I would probably try it out.

WL was never on my list because of theming but so many people on here rave about it. Plus that lobby at Christmas. It’s on my bucket list to do a trip in December and stay there.

An absolute never would be tent camping. Even if was free. I don’t camp in real life and have no desire to do it at Disney.

I have no desire to stay at the FW cabins or a value. The issue with the cabins is the theming and the values just seem “loud.” Plus they have no hot tubs or pool slide. I thought of doing a value/BC split but DD and I both agreed that the values are just overstimulating. We decided on CSR instead.

OKW and SSR do nothing for me (look like condos to me) but if I was doing a last minute trip and one of the rental sites was offering an awesome deal I would probably try it out.

WL was never on my list because of theming but so many people on here rave about it. Plus that lobby at Christmas. It’s on my bucket list to do a trip in December and stay there.

I agree with you with the exception of SSR. I really like that resort. The rooms are nice, it is peaceful, the pools are great, and I love being able to walk to DS. OKW, I hate.

Pop Century. I stayed there in 2011 and it just felt so far away from everything and just wasn't for me since I don't have kids/family. I wasn't a fan of the cafeteria-style food options as well.

SSR - although the rooms are great the resort is far too spread out. We've just returned from a stay in Congress Park, great for walking to the Springs but too far away from Artist's Palette and the shop. It's a resort where you definitely need a car. We also didn't care for the buses - takes far too long at the end of the day.

The QS food situation at BW is terrible. I'll still stay there, but only for a short trip, and we get groceries. And forget about getting a refillable mug there!
Yes agree! I totally forgot to mention about the mug situation!!

I would never say never to any resort but my price range falls in the Moderate categories. Even for a splurge I find it hard to move beyond the moderate and find the dollar for dollar increase of the Deluxe to be worth it for me (but trust, if Deluxe were the same price as Moderate I'd be so into it).

I do think the All Star resorts would be my last choice, however, only because I assume there are more kids and families staying there. I travel solo or with my partner and would prefer to have a quieter pool and restaurant experience. However, if that was my only option, I'd happily stay there.

Poly. Saved and splurged. Didn’t regret but wasn’t what I thought it would be. Too busy. I stay in standard view Values mostly and hardly see anyone past the main hall and pool. Seemed people were everywhere at Poly.
People who stay at values tend to go to the parks from opening to closing, while those who stay at Deluxe want to hang out and enjoy resort amenities, plus there are so many visitors all the time.

The value resorts are often very relaxing during the day in comparison to the Deluxe resorts. :)

People who stay at values tend to go to the parks from opening to closing, while those who stay at Deluxe want to hang out and enjoy resort amenities, plus there are so many visitors all the time.

The value resorts are often very relaxing during the day in comparison to the Deluxe resorts. :)
Exactly! I'm the same way in Vegas. I like to spend a little more to stay somewhere nice and luxurious. I'm not one of the "you're only going to sleep and shower there so why spend a lot?" people.

My never again is the All-Stars. I’ve only stayed in Movies, but I feel like they would all be comparable. It was one of the few trips we had a kid (teen) with us, and it was pretty cramped. But since it’s usually just the two of us, I wouldn’t cross it off the list just for that. It’s not even that I had a bad experience there, but with AoA and Pop having the Skyliner, it just makes more sense for me to pay a little extra to get the better transportation options.

I would also say Port Orleans Riverside is on my never again list because the plantation-y theme just isn’t my vibe (I LOVE FQ, though), but since it’s one of my fiancé’s favorite resorts out of all of them, I doubt I’ll be able to avoid it again forever haha. And really I would go back anytime just to see Yeeha Bob! I go back and forth on whether I like CSR or CBR best, so we’ll just continue to rotate through all the moderates. Whoever mentioned Jamaica at CBR being the best is spot on. That location is *chef’s kiss*.

I don’t really have any “nevers” because we mostly do moderate and are slowly making around the deluxes. We’re planning to buy DVC in the next 3-5 years, so I want to stay at as many as possible for research purposes and don’t dislike the theme or downsides enough for any of them to not stay there.

Not the resort as a whole, but the little mermaid rooms at AOA. Unless I had a car , I wouldn’t stay there thinking I would be going to the food court and transportation all the time. We have not stayed at any moderate resorts as we don’t think we’d like the walk there either.

I would also say Port Orleans Riverside is on my never again list because the plantation-y theme just isn’t my vibe

Exactly why I'll never stay there, regressive and gross theme no matter how they try to downplay what it used to be called. POFQ was a one and done for me too. Honestly the only mod I'll ever stay at is CSR and then only in the tower (I loved my stay there). Mostly because they have reliable late night food options at the resort that don't involve limited food court stations. I don't want to have to schlep to Disney Springs any time I want decent food and that's my main problem with POFQ tbh. The whole time I stayed there I was wishing I was somewhere else.

The values are a nonstarter for me also, I'm not the sort that only needs a place to shower and sleep so I value (lol) more amenities at the resort than they have. The garish OTT theming after the overstimulation of the parks is just not for me.

I would never stay at a Skyliner resort, the thing is just too unreliable in FL weather and the sheer amount of guests it serves means when it goes down it's a nightmare trying to get home. So many times leaving Epcot I'm seeing miserable Skyliner people directed to a Crescent Lake resort for a bus. It's a fun way to hop between EP and HS but I could never rely on it as primary transportation.

But just so folks don't think I'm picking on values & mods, Riviera is absolutely obscene for the prices it charges for boring theming and a resort that's not even walking distance to a park. That's a place I visit for food but would never actually stay at. And BC and YC are nice but I hate how those resorts are laid out and Stormalong Bay just overwhelms me to the point I barely used it on either of my stays. The QS is mediocre and limited. I wouldn't say never again for either (especially BC, which I actually preferred to YC) but at this point I would need a substantial discount to pull me away from Swan/Dolphin. I just don't think they're worth it.

Nice thing is there really is a resort for everyone...what are dealbreakers for me aren't for others and vice-versa. A lot of GF disdain in this thread but it's one of my favorite 2 resorts. Different strokes.

Have you stayed at Gran Destino at Coronado or was your stay before they built it? Just curious. I know some people changed their mind about it after staying at the tower.

Yes. We loved Gran Destino! We tried to get it again since but have had no luck. My never again would probable be CSR - non Tower just because the walks are crazy distances every time you need anything.

I think years ago I said never again to all Values, but it was so long ago that I don't feel as passionate about it. (Still have never tried again.)

Surprisingly for us, Never Again is also GF. I really found the layout inconvenient compared to CR or Poly, we didn't like the QS nearly as much as those two. For some reason, while we were there, the monorail was almost always unavailable. We always Rope Drop and even though we paid premium to stay at GF, we could not get to MK via monorail OR walking. Definitely saw no perks to staying there.

Loved All Star Sports :) - didn't care for POFQ or POR at all.

Haven't stayed at either but we visited WL & Fort Wilderness & didn't like the vibe at WL but loved Fort Wilderness - I'm not a "camping" kind of gal, so it would have to be the cabins for us if we stayed there.

I have stayed at most of the resorts and really can't say i hate any of them but i usually book the grandvilla at Boardwalk when I go and haven't found anything even close to that experience. Having the kitchen means i don't need or want quick service and the proximity to numerous options when i do works for me. The view is best on property and location has always been a huge plus . I love the great restaurants for dinner are close and varied in cuisine. I love walking to see fireworks every night and drinks around the world. Not a fan of harmonius but illuminations was getting old after 20 years.

Surprisingly for us, Never Again is also GF. I really found the layout inconvenient compared to CR or Poly, we didn't like the QS nearly as much as those two. For some reason, while we were there, the monorail was almost always unavailable. We always Rope Drop and even though we paid premium to stay at GF, we could not get to MK via monorail OR walking. Definitely saw no perks to staying there.

I think GF really comes down to which building you're in as far as convenience. It seems a bit more sprawling than Poly even though they're basically the same size...it felt very far from the main building to the main pool. I feel the same way about BC/YC's layout but at least they have the advantage of being inside. On the flipside it's not nearly as pretty walking around. I miss having grounds to walk at BC/YC, everything is just hallways on hallways and SAB. I will say that the main building is very weirdly set up at GF, I was in a deluxe king room right over Gasparilla yet to get to the monorail I had to go down the hall and around the corner for 2 elevators. OTOH I basically had my own private elevator down to the walking path.

May I ask why walking didn't work for you? AFAIK the path is available at all times except around the EWP when they have to raise the bridge for the barges. It didn't seem to be closed at any other time when I was there.

Caribbean Beach. We stayed in an awful pirate room because that was the only thing available. Completely not worth the price. My kids did love the theme, though. The food court was so far away that we only ate there once, on our last morning there, since we had to catch the Magical Express from the main building anyway. We took the Skyliner to Pop Century for breakfast one day just because my kids wanted to take the Skyliner (and we were blocked from taking it to Riviera that morning). It was exactly the same food. I felt like we could have stayed there, and my kids would have liked it just as much. We now rent DVC points for less than we paid for the terrible pirate room.

I have no desire to stay anywhere that involves camping. And I'm another one who doesn't understand the point of Riviera. It feels like a Hilton or Hyatt, with vaguely European theming, but not so foreign as to be off-putting to Middle America? And it is walking distance to nothing, except Caribbean Beach? For those prices, that's a no for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter