Which resort is a never or never again for you?

May I ask why walking didn't work for you? AFAIK the path is available at all times except around the EWP when they have to raise the bridge for the barges. It didn't seem to be closed at any other time when I was there.

Agreed about GF and BC. But i have got to say that you are boggling my mind a bit on the above question. As far as I know for many years, you could not walk to MK from GF. There was no path. You could walk to Poly, but in the other direction, you were stopped by the bridge/ levee (?). One could not go across at all. When i last stayed there, the GFV were in construction. If one can now walk to MK, it may have been changed during that. ? Will be interested for a GF historian to set the record straight.

edited to add:
Ok, did some quick research on this. Looks like the pathway between GF and MK first opened in late 2020. So, for the actual history of the GF, the walkway has only very recently been an option. For literally decades, we all wondered why they didn‘t allow that walk.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
Agreed about GF and BC. But i have got to say that you are boggling my mind a bit on the above question. As far as I know for many years, you could not walk to MK from GF. There was no path. You could walk to Poly, but in the other direction, you were stopped by the bridge/ levee (?). One could not go across at all. When i last stayed there, the GFV were in construction. If one can now walk to MK, it may have been changed during that. ? Will be interested for a GF historian to set the record straight.
[/QUOTE]

There’s a walking path now! It just opened in the last year or so, but it goes straight from GF to MK and is beautiful!

People who stay at values tend to go to the parks from opening to closing, while those who stay at Deluxe want to hang out and enjoy resort amenities, plus there are so many visitors all the time.

The value resorts are often very relaxing during the day in comparison to the Deluxe resorts. :)
I’ve also stayed at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge and all the mods except Coronado. Poly is the only one the people bothered me. Probably because it’s on the monorail. When I splurge, I too like to stay around the resort. Just irritated everyone else does too :rotfl2:

Coronado Springs. Half the rooms are a l-o-n-g walk to the main building. Bus service was pretty slow when we stayed there. It just doesn't seem to have Disney theming, at least not to me.

But, I can hold a grudge. A few years back the counter service restaurant required 10% tip. We got our food, got in line to pay for it, took our trays to the tables. We were not allowed to carry our drinks, they were brought to us by servers, and for that we paid 10%. One time I purchased zero drinks, but still was required to pay 10%. Never again. Maybe they've stopped that practice, but it was a management attitude that just rubbed me wrong. We have stayed at every public resort, and all have their own charm. We will literally stay anywhere else and love it!

My never is tent camping at FW. I went camping once. Once!
(I wouldn't say no to a FW cabin though)

My never again is Contemporary. I've stayed many times since 1980. I was just a teen and was WOW'd by the luxury. A phone in the bathroom! Chocolates on your pillow for turndown! And that was the standard stay. Much of that has gone away (and up to Club Level) but I always like going back. Stayed for a week this past summer. But looking at the vloggers review of the Incredibles refurb I have to take a hard pass on it. IMO- it looks like an IKEA advertisement and not the deluxe I remember and enjoyed. I'm sad to say it, but no thanks.

I’ve also stayed at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge and all the mods except Coronado. Poly is the only one the people bothered me. Probably because it’s on the monorail. When I splurge, I too like to stay around the resort. Just irritated everyone else does too :rotfl2:

The Poly is my favourite Place to stay! I actually love the hustle and bustle of all the deluxe resorts.

Except for SAB at the BC. That’s too much. Crazy. Even in the morning. I stick to the quiet pool when I stay there.:goodvibes

I often like to relax around the pools in the morning. The Value pools are lovely this time of day. :thumbsup2

Never again - CBR. Boring theming, too small area for the feature pool, and frankly, I had a very bad experience with my room there and Disney failed to compensate me appropriately. I’ve had quirky things not right at other stays, and Disney made things right. But not that time.

I love POFQ for the location and size but every time I stay there, I am horrified at how creepy those plastic Alligator guys are. They always make me second guess if I should have booked there.

The Beach Club. Room was nice and it's a great location, but I couldn't get past the lobby with people sitting on furniture in wet bathing suits and putting their bare feet all over the place. SAB was always packed and we could never get more than one chair at the pool. It was also so convoluted (SAB), you could not always get from one section to the other, and with kids, it was a constant chasing around. The quiet pool wasn't much better, lounge chairs were very limited there, too. And even though I like Cape May Cafe, the smell bothered me and it never seemed to go away. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite.

I’ve never stayed at these and don’t think I’d want to:

Riviera - rooms just look too white and sterile to me lol
Saratoga Springs - I’m local to Saratoga and I think things would just annoy me lol
Boardwalk - doesn’t appeal to me and the clown thing creeps me out (and I’m not someone normally bothered by clowns)
I scratched Boardwalk from my list for this reason, the creepy clown. I just found out that he’s gone and theres a cute Mickey & friends background scene painted where he used to be.

I scratched Boardwalk from my list for this reason, the creepy clown. I just found out that he’s gone and theres a cute Mickey & friends background scene painted where he used to be.
I stayed there once before the clown was gone and the clown was too creepy to overcome and enjoy the place. Now, I'll put it on my top choice for our next visit to WDW after the one next month.

As long as I'm at a Disney resort I'm pretty happy and I can appreciate the imagineering that went into it. So I don't have any never-agains; instead, for me, it's about choice:
For instance, given the choice between Boardwalk and Beach Club, I much prefer the nautical theming of the latter than the Boardwalk. Haven't stayed at Yacht Club and I like that even more than Beach Club, but we like to stay in 1BR villas and they don't have those there.

The closest I would get to "never again" are the All Stars just because there are so many other choices we like more on property, including the other values. But it's fun to take little kids there because they are impressed by the gigantic character statues.

Pretty much my feelings, too. I'm happy just being on property. :)

My only “never again” is CBR.

When we got to the room, it definitely had some spots that weren’t clean. Not the end of the world. But when I got up the next morning, I felt awful. My husband found mold in the A/C unit. I’m highly allergic and was pregnant at the time, so not taking my allergy medicine. I felt better after being out of the room for 15 minutes. When we came back for an afternoon break, my husband went to the front desk and asked about a room switch, which they were able to accommodate. When we got to the second room, it also had dirty places but thankfully no mold.

The bus situation wasn’t great either. We were running late our first morning and didn’t get to the bus stop until 5:45 (6 AM opening). There was a mob of people there, some of who were on phones…I eventually figured out that no busses had come AT ALL yet. We ditched that idea and drove ourselves to the park. After our afternoon break, we again tried the bus. The first bus that came by was totally full and let people off, but no one on. We again said forget it and drove ourselves. We never tried the bus again after that.

The theming isn’t the best in my opinion, and it’s also a huge resort. I didn’t really have a concept of the size until I stayed there.

I may have had the perfect storm of small annoyances that added up quickly which is tainting my view of the place, but I won’t ever book there again. There are better resorts.

POP Century because it felt like when we were walking back to our room we were heading to a prison block. Plus the food court was awful.

Coranado because it’s so spread out and doesn’t seem Like they put much thought into the layout. Also, didn’t really have that Disney feel.

Never again - CBR. Boring theming, too small area for the feature pool, and frankly, I had a very bad experience with my room there and Disney failed to compensate me appropriately. I’ve had quirky things not right at other stays, and Disney made things right. But not that time.
It's like we had the same stay. LOL I would never say never or not again but there would have to be a really compelling reason to ever stay at CBR again. We've stayed on WDW property many many times and I've been going since the 70's, (albeit I don't remember my visits that decade) but CBR was the worst experience we've ever had. We had a room issue too and CBR moved us as they should have, but there was a struggle to do so. For whatever reason, this trip, the CMs we encountered were not friendly at all. Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know but I feel like CBR is worse than POP. IMO I think it's the worst moderate resort at Disney right now.

The buses at all the resorts are mediocre but CBR is the worst experience we've had. The only redeeming qualities to this resort are the somewhat recent refurb to the lobby and the skyliner.

We have stayed at CSR, POR, BCV, BC, BLT, BWI, and AKV - Jambo. Loved something about each one of them and would gladly stay at any again. We have also visited AOA, ASMo, GF, Poly, FW, and WL, but have not stayed at any of them. I don't really have any desire to stay in a value, but wouldn't mind AOA or ASMo for a night or two based on what we saw. The only resort I have no interest in visiting or staying at is CBR. I saw it once when it was a stop while we were on the Magical Express and that was enough for me.

We've stayed at almost all of them and the only one we will never stay again is BLT studio. It was tight for 2 of us, I can't imagine staying there with our toddler! I'd do a one bedroom, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter