Who is and who's not booking with ABD for 2010

Will you still book with ABD for 2010?

• Yep...still going with ABD for 2010

• No...not going with ABD for 2010

• Gonna wait and see if ABD comes out with anything new for 2010

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just called Costco to see if they had any deal, and I found out you are routed back to Disney. So you are actually talking with Disney Directly anyway. They said sometimes Costco does offer a gift card, but not currently.

Yes, I've called the Costco number twice to book and it goes directly to ABD. Even when my trip was cancelled and ABD called me and rebooked my trip they made sure I got my Costco gift card. That's disappointing to hear that they're not currently offered. Did you specifically ask about 2010 itineraries? They still have the gift card promotion on their website for the remaining 2009 itineraries (some of which are actually in early 2010). I've received gift cards both times when I've booked through the Costco number and I think that's been the experience of all the other folks on the board too. I hope this isn't a permanent change. Makes the Dreams Unlimited offer look good though.

By the way, for the folks hoping to book the Flavors of France trip that ABD cancelled - I stumbled on the Provence trip offered by Classic Journeys and it looks nice. It is a family trip (but they also offer an adult only version). I don't recall the ABD price, but I think these are somewhat more expensive. They do stay strictly in Provence though, picking you up and dropping you off at the TGV stations (high speed train to Paris, Nice etc.) - maybe the ABD one do some time in Paris or Nice, I don't recall.

http://www.classicjourneys.com/provencefamily/

By the way, for the folks hoping to book the Flavors of France trip that ABD cancelled - I stumbled on the Provence trip offered by Classic Journeys and it looks nice. It is a family trip (but they also offer an adult only version). I don't recall the ABD price, but I think these are somewhat more expensive. They do stay strictly in Provence though, picking you up and dropping you off at the TGV stations (high speed train to Paris, Nice etc.) - maybe the ABD one do some time in Paris or Nice, I don't recall.

http://www.classicjourneys.com/provencefamily/

I actually looked at this company for a few different itineraries, the prices for them and ABD, at least the itineraries I looked at are comparable may $100-$200 more or less, the thing about Classic Journeys is that there is no airport transfer and they leave you at a train station and you have to find your own way to the airport. I am sorry but in a foreign country I don't want to have to worry about being in an unfamilar place, a language I don't speak and then try to find my way to the hotel or airport. A few of the tour companies that offer comparable tours to ABD don't include airport transfers and that stopped me from looking at them any further.

We checked out the Provence Family trip by Classic Journeys. It is Provence only and it is for 6 days. The cost is $3750 for adults with a discount for children. The discount varies from $1250 down to $500 depending on your childs age. ABD's Flavors of France trip was Provence and Paris for 7 days. I believe the cost was ~$2900 for adults. The activities on the trip looked comparable with Classic Journeys having more in Provence (to be expected with more days there) and Disney's spread out between the two regions. The other thing about Classic Journeys was that it looks like they take the kids on a kids excursion and the parents do something different more often than ABD. Given that our son is 7 years old, we like to spend more time experiencing the adventure/journey through his eyes as well as our own. Plus, the kids excursions looked like more fun than some of the things for the parents.

For us, we wanted to go to Paris, so we would have had to do it on our own. So, the decision came down to comparing Classic Journey's Provence Family trip to ABD's Alpine Magic. The prices were comparable, but the adventures of Alpine Magic appealed to us more than the Provence trip. We ended up adding on 4 nights in Paris, which we would have done with either trip.

forgive me - I haven't read through the whole thread-but what is EBD? Estimated booking date?

I'm just scratching the surface of of planning a potential Grand Canyon trip for 2010...

thanks!

forgive me - I haven't read through the whole thread-but what is EBD? Estimated booking date?

I'm just scratching the surface of of planning a potential Grand Canyon trip for 2010...

thanks!
EBD stands for early booking discount. Historically, ABD had given a discount for booking early.

No ABD trip for 2010 planned here. We did Viva Italia two years ago and loved it. So we had planned on doing Flavors of France along with the Med cruise in 2010. But as many have said, that tour was dropped from the ABD list. Guess we will do just the cruise. Or maybe we will look into doing Provence on our own. We were really disappointed with the European offerings for 2010. It seems that they dropped a number of trips and only added one new one.

No ABD trip for 2010 planned here. We did Viva Italia two years ago and loved it. So we had planned on doing Flavors of France along with the Med cruise in 2010. But as many have said, that tour was dropped from the ABD list. Guess we will do just the cruise. Or maybe we will look into doing Provence on our own. We were really disappointed with the European offerings for 2010. It seems that they dropped a number of trips and only added one new one.
Actually, there aren't any new itineraries for 2010. (At least, not yet!) The only addition was 3 Signature departures for the Viva Italia itinerary. Same basic trip, but with "enhancements".

Sayhello

SayHello, you sneaky thing! Is that a new ticker? Did you have such a fabulous time on your Alaska trip that you decided to book another ABD? Yay! :cool1:

Congrats Sayhello on booking another trip. I guess the staples didn't keep you from booking another trip.:thumbsup2

Congrats Sayhello on booking another trip. I guess the staples didn't keep you from booking another trip.:thumbsup2
Thanks, Diskidatheart! It would take more than a few staples to stop me!!!! :yay: :upsidedow

OK, I have to be honest here with you & kristilew, I actually was already talking to Dotti about joining her Knights & Lights trip *before* my Alaska ABD. But nothing was official yet; if my Alaska trip had been bad, I could still have pulled out. But after Alaska, it's official! Unless something happens on Dotti's side, I'm going on another ABD next year!

Sayhello

Sayhello, I'm jealous - the London/Paris trip is certain to be great. My problem with it is that I like England so much I wouldn't be satisfied with just a few days -- I want to take my kids to Tintagel, and Stonehenge, and Oxford... and I've been there enough I really could do it myself. But I'd love to experience it with Disney too.

Are you in a group with Dottie?

Sayhello, I'm jealous - the London/Paris trip is certain to be great. My problem with it is that I like England so much I wouldn't be satisfied with just a few days -- I want to take my kids to Tintagel, and Stonehenge, and Oxford... and I've been there enough I really could do it myself. But I'd love to experience it with Disney too.

glassslipper, BELIEVE me, I'm not going to be doing just 3 days in England. There will be traveling before & after the ABD. And yes, I'm in a group with Dotti. I hope she knows what she's in for!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

I totally agree! I've emailed ABD about adding a UK adventure. We'd love to see more of England and a bit of Scotland.

I totally agree! I've emailed ABD about adding a UK adventure. We'd love to see more of England and a bit of Scotland.

We are on board with that--an upper England/Scotland (Highlands Adventure!) would be great!

So does that put you there early to mid-June? That is when we are going over to do our own London/Edinbourgh "adventure." If our times overlap, maybe we could meet for a Dis museum day!

So does that put you there early to mid-June? That is when we are going over to do our own London/Edinbourgh "adventure." If our times overlap, maybe we could meet for a Dis museum day!
The ABD is June 11 - June 17. So if I'm doing England, it would be the days just prior to June 11. My sister is trying to guilt me into visiting her in Israel, but I'm not sure -- I think that may be too much traveling in one vacation.

But if you're going to be in Jolly Old somewhere in that timeframe, I would LOVE to meet up with you! Either prior to the ABD, or during a "time on your own". Let me know, that would be FUN!

Sayhello

The ABD is June 11 - June 17. So if I'm doing England, it would be the days just prior to June 11. My sister is trying to guilt me into visiting her in Israel, but I'm not sure -- I think that may be too much traveling in one vacation.

But if you're going to be in Jolly Old somewhere in that timeframe, I would LOVE to meet up with you! Either prior to the ABD, or during a "time on your own". Let me know, that would be FUN!

Sayhello

Is this Adult Only? I so want to book another but with wanting to do 2 cruises in 2011 its going to be tuff to swing an ABD for 2010! But I am looking at some stock options to sell....no seriously I am!

Is this Adult Only? I so want to book another but with wanting to do 2 cruises in 2011 its going to be tuff to swing an ABD for 2010! But I am looking at some stock options to sell....no seriously I am!
As far as I know, the intentions are for it to be an Adults Only, as long as we fill enough spots to keep it exclusive!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter