• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is still a "GO," or rebooked?

Talked to ABD lady today (to discuss birthdays) and so far China July 18th - July 31 is still a go. She couldn't tell me for SURE that it will be a go... but there aren't any early bookings and there aren't any signs that China trips won't be a go.

We are still a GO at this point. We are a couple with an 11 year old boy. I tried to get info about the state of our trip, but was told no details, just still taking reservations. NO informaion on numbers, due to privacy?? That is so silly. Disney just doesn't want to give them, and they are looking bad the way they are handling this. This is not top of the line service like they charge for in my humble opinion.

Wellp, I am now rebooked, and so far, a GO, for the Alaska Adults Only trip on Sep 2. They *did* agree to switch me for the same price I was paying for the Canadian Rockies trip. Now all I have to do is figure out the airfare (to switch the flight using the same airline would increase the cost from $648 to over $1500 plus change fees. To cancel & rebook with a different airline would cost $750.) The rep is going to check how they want to handle it, and will get back to me.

So it's a bit of an adjustment, but I think I'll enjoy the Alaska trip! It's a great destination, and I know Disney will make it special...

Sayhello

sayhello - there are no more early booking discounts for the Alaska adventures, so I'm hoping that is a postive sign. No guarantees of course, but with fewer dates scheduled and no discounts left, I'm feeling about as confident as possible, under the circumstances. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We got our confirmation papers in the mail today for China June 28 - July 10. We are a family of four: DH, Wife, DD (age 9), DD (age 7). We are excited.:cheer2:

June 4, Viva Italia, over 50% booked last time I called a few weeks ago.

As of the other day, the 24 September Viva Italia trip is still going. But it's also 7 months away yet. I believe the girl said it was about 25% filled. But she didn't know what the minimum was to run the trip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We're on the June 5 Bella Italia trip, and it's a definite go! We're all adults so far, but it's not an adult-only trip -- it just happened that way.

Marc, if you're reading this, I have three rooms left! You know you want to. :)

Dotti

We rebooked our May 24th Alpine Magic for June 21st. Hope it won't be cancelled too. Not sure what we'd do.

The 07/28 Gateway to the Galapagos is still a go at the moment. ABD called earlier this week with a minor itinerary change. I am traveling with my DS11. A few weeks ago, an ABD rep told me there were 6-7 other kids booked, and the trip was “more than” 60% full. Fingers crossed! I talked to my son, and he does have a second choice (Ireland) and there is a trip scheduled that same week (at least on the website, not sure of Ireland cancellations). Either way, we are traveling this summer, somewhere! :) :)

Dahly

We are scheduled on the July 22 Ireland and haven't had call yet. However, I think it will be cancelled as last time I called the fellow said 13, but when I figure that my family of 5 is 13% of 40, I think we are the only ones!

But we have some flexibility and could go later as long as ABD would pay for the flight changes. So, I'm sure there will be an Irish go if your galapagos trip doesn't go. With 60% though, it sounds good.

:) I have not received any calls from ABD concerning my September 11th Germany Adventure. Matter of fact , i just made another payment last week.
I reserved a pre-stay for the night before.:wave2:

My DD18 and I are booked on the Enchanted China trip departing June 14. When I called last month there were only 4 spots left, so the trip will go whether those 4 spots are filled or not.

I rebooked from the Golden Path to Yosemite to Backstage Magic, June 2 departure and I was told this trip was not in danger of being cancelled .

Oct 20th Backstage Magic Adults still a go. Made a payment last month and was told it was 30% full. Made a payment this month and they said the early booking rate was still available. I don't know. Keeping an open mind knowing the possibility of cancellation or move to another date. Economy is just not a good thing right now. :scared:

We are still a go for our July 25th Southwest Splendors trip. I have not called ABD for any updates. Remaining optimistic!
I need to book airfare soon, but was waiting to make sure it was a GO!

Last month they told me that they could cancel right up to 60 days before the trip departure.

If they do that with me, I don't know what I'll do. It'll be very complicated at that point to rebook everything. And even if ABD does pay the flight difference, I might not get pre/post hotels at the same price, or even have any flights available on the days that I want.

60 days out of high season is a terrible time to cancel a trip.

Ah well...I haven't heard yet so I'm going to be positive:)

So far so good for our Czech/Austria trip on October 4. I'm calling tomorrow to check on air fare. I'll ask then about the booking level. I know that we have eight in our group (folks from our Germany trip last October).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter