Who makes your WDW Dining reserves?

Who books your Dining reserves, you or your agent?

• I book them myself

• Disney travel agent

Results are only viewable after voting.

OFF TO WDW!

Mouseketeer
I usually book my dining reserves through a WDW TA, butI have been reading more and more that people rather do that part of their package on their own to have "more control" of the reserves.

I never had a problem in the past,and I am a "if it's not broke, don't fix it person", so with that being said, is there a benefit to booking the dining portion of a vacation on our own?

Opinions apprecited!

Thanks!

pirate:

I would never let a TA make ADR's for my WDW vacation, but I am too OCD and controlling to. However, if your ok with it, and never had any problems in the past, I don't see the harm in letting the TA do it.

I like to do it myself. And now w/ it being online it's so much nicer. You can see all the times aval. for your party size. It's great they give you suggestions too. I am a planner however. I like to have control of my plans. Plus it's half the fun of planning a trip when you snag the ADR you were hoping for. Yes I'm a sick person that jumps for joy when I get one!

I do b/c I like doing the ADR's especially you can do it on line. I love the on-line ADR's b/c I been adding and changing. I was able to get all the restuarant I want within 15 mins of the time I want. I'm able to change things around too and I'm able to print all my ADR's when I think I got all I want. In fact I change 2 of my days to a different park so I changed my ADR's and I was able to do it.

The first time we went to WDW we did everything through the TA. This included the ADR's. We let them know the times we wanted and the restaurants we wanted; we did not have any problems. However, after our first trip we have done everything on our own including our ADR's. Once I'm familiar with a place and proceedures, I prefer to do it on my own.

I like to do it myself. And now w/ it being online it's so much nicer. You can see all the times aval. for your party size. It's great they give you suggestions too. I am a planner however. I like to have control of my plans. Plus it's half the fun of planning a trip when you snag the ADR you were hoping for. Yes I'm a sick person that jumps for joy when I get one!

You are not alone :rotfl:....I jump for joy and scream whenever I get an ADR that is a)really hard to get b) just because I got the ADR that we like :goodvibes. With that said, I too am a huge planner therefore I don't let a TA make my ADRs, heck, I don't even go through a TA for any of my planning....even booking. Planning and booking the trip is half the fun.

I spent 2 hours on the phone making ADR for last years trip. I am going to do the same thing again when my 180 window opens up.

I tend to be a tad bit anal about this stuff.

My husband and I work as a team. I come up with the itinerary and he calls them in. We prefer actually calling them in rather than using the online system. That way we know for sure that they mark down that we have a vegetarian in the party.

To me it is silly to have someone make my dinner ressies. JMO.

I would hate having someone else make that decision for me. What would happen if they couldn't get the place I wanted and had to substitute? Yes I am sure they have a back up, but that requires split second decision making. What if I had 2 close back ups and needed to choose between them.....that leaves my dinner fate in someone else's hands. NOT FOR ME. :rotfl2:

Or a time confliction? See the way I look at it is I can plan for the perfect food experience but as I am booking it a change of plan may be needed, no way would I put that is someone else's hands.

If your TA makes your ressies, they will have to be the one to change them, and that can be a pain. And I love talking to the cm and making sure I'm getting just what I want. Never had a bad cm on the phone. And when we got to HDDR on Dec 14 at 9:30 and had the table that's up against the stage in the dead center of the stage, I knew this was the best way to book.

I have always booked my own rooms (on and offsite) and ADR's. Some of the fun is in the planning!

I do this for all my trips, not just Disney!

I have rarely found a restaurant on Disney that I wouldn't go back to.

I like to plan everything about our trips myself and making adr's is just part of the fun for me. I do love that they can be made online now. Makes it so much easier.

I book all reservations myself. I know what my family enjoys and when the will enjoy it! Sometimes!!!!

The benefit to having your TA do it is that they are allowed on the system before the "public" so TA's get a head start.

I am OCD about booking Dining. I like to change and move things aroundif i can and then the day its time tobook the ADRS, If i can't get the place i want i give them my other choices.

I do them all myself.

For me the bonus of doing it myself vs. a TA is I can change on the fly.

No waiting for call backs from a TA, no waiting for a TA to do something. If I mess up, it's my own fault but if a TA messed up my vacation, especially an expensive one like Disney, I'd be very livid.

Last year, we booked through CAA (Canadian equivalent to AAA) and the TA wouldn't book them. She said I needed to! Regardless of poor service, I was better off doing it myself!:wizard:

Shouldn't this thread be titled 'do you love anyone enough to trust then with your ADRs?' another dis-er with OCD here then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter