Who's attending Food & Wine Festival this year??

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
I think F &W is a great time for adults to head to WDW. We have attended twice in the past. Great food and wine and so much opportunity to meet people. This year we are taking my MIL with us. She is turning 60 and this will be here first time ever at WDW!

We'll be there in late October. We went last year and had such a great time. DH LOVED the food.

Mom and I will be there October 20th through October 29th. It will be our first F & W Fest. This event sounds right up our alley, as it is not unusual for us to take two hours on a lunch. Mom’s e-mail address has her name and “wine” in it. Don’t have to draw a picture here. It will be my 7th visit and mom’s 5th visit to WDW but our first time on site. How do the two of us spell excited??? W D W

my dh and i will be there to start it off in early oct.

I've got five nights booked in November at DVC during this event.
I went nuts last year with tons of F&W events with some friends.

This year will be solo at the F&W, but I still want to book the special events. I'll also be eating my way around the food booths for sure. :-)

Last year, I did the following:

Party for the Senses
Lunch 'n Learn (Rick Bayless as the celeb chef)
Marrakesh food and wine pairing
International Beer Pairing Dinner at Rose and Crown
Coral Reef food and wine pairing
Le Cellier food and wine pairing.

The only event I wouldn't return to is the Marrakesh pairing. It seemed that the food was similar to what they'd normally offer at Marrakesh, and the wine was almost undrinkable, and I typically like most kinds of wine.

I liked everything else, but this year, I'm hoping to book something like a Signature or Reserve dinner to replace the Party for the Senses. It's more of a budget thing for me. :-)

I really enjoyed these special events, even though I felt like I was making a CRT call rather than F&W events last July 24th! Many events sell out as fast as CRT due to limited seating. If I have a problem this year, I'll try calling back to catch cancellations.

DH and I will be there for our 5th anniversary in early October. It will be our first F&W and our first adults only trip!

I feel a little guilty but we're taking the kids in late May 05 and splitting up the cost of APs.

I really just can't wait. When do they usually come out with all the scheduled events?

:Pinkbounc :goodvibes :goodvibes

DH and I will definitely be there! Last year was our first Food and Wine Festival, and we had a BLAST. In fact, we came out sprinkled with pixie dust, and have been back 3 times since then (after having not visited WDW in about 12 years).

DH and I are going Oct. 27-Nov. 2nd. This will be our second time to go. We are taking along his cousins and their spouses and this will be their first time. They are alot of fun to be with so I know we'll have a great time. I'm hoping to make it to MNSSHP this time too!

We'll be there! We almost always time our trip for F&W.

Last year, we introduced my brother & sister-in-law and her mom to F&W and they loved it as much as we do.

Can't wait!

DH and I will be there early November too:) Went a couple of years ago and loved it!:) The special events sound great!

Nov 5-8
Me and my 2 cousins go every year. No kids, no spouses.
We had the greatest time last year when we stayed at CBR and hit the F&WF hard!!!
Hitting it twice this trip!
Can't wait. Have done the F&WF w/ kids. It wasn't bad. But prefer adults only!!

We are taking my DH's mother. It is going to be such fun with her. She has never been anywhere other then her home town and an occasionaly trip to Atlantic City.

She has never even been on a plane. She is 80! She is a very healthy 80. Her husband, my husband's father just recently passed away. She has found a whole new freedom I dare to say since his death. She spent most of her life catering to him. He was a good man but very demanding and a home body. Now she is living it up.

She is going to be a lot of fun. She finds such pleasure in simple things I can't imagine what she is going to be like when she sees Disney. We are vacation members so go often. It is going to be refreshing to be with a Disney Virgin.

We are staying at Boardwalk... nice and close to Epcot. We leave October 16.

Beth

I'll be there Oct. 24-31 for my first Food & Wine Festival. I don't drink, but I do like to eat! ;)

I'll also be going to my first MNSSHP - probably on Sunday, Oct. 24th.

DD and i are thinking about doing this in 2005. can any one tell me what the weather is usually like mid oct to early nov? we really liked our april/may trips as the temps were in 80's but not too humid or rainy.
thanks
kathe

I'll be there Nov. 10-14. It was originally a solo trip...but now has become 4 of us! We just got our waitlist at BCV! And it's my first trip home!

Mom, Dad, BF and myself will be there Oct 16-25. We are so looking forward to it.:hyper:

BF tried escargo last time we were there (Nov 2001). Though he truly enjoys trying everything, that will be the only time he will try that. So, again, he promised to try the more exotic food (most of it's exotic to us...LOL). That's the best part for me, just watching his enjoyment at being able to try new things.

Hope everyone has a fantastic time!!!:goodvibes

Originally posted by katypop
DD and i are thinking about doing this in 2005. can any one tell me what the weather is usually like mid oct to early nov? we really liked our april/may trips as the temps were in 80's but not too humid or rainy.
thanks
kathe

I do remember that last year it was hot and humid right up until the last week of the F&WF. Then, for the last week, it was much more pleasant.
You just never know here in Florida!
They extended the time frame of the festival this year, but added on the earlier weeks.
In my opinion, it would have been better to add weeks later when the weather is more comfortable.
But, nobody asked me!
:p
We haven't made our plans for the festival this year, but we'll be there!

:sunny: :sunny:

thanks Montessori:D we would much rather have it hot and humid than cool. we get tired of our long cold winters so like to prolong the "shorts and t-shirt" days whenever possible:cool:

katypop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter