Who's attending Food & Wine Festival this year??

DH & I will be there 11-4 to 11-9. Our first adult only trip in 22 years. We did the food and wine festival many years ago, so my memory of it is vague. Really looking forward to this one as it will be special just the two of us.

DH and I will be there 11-4 to 11-9. This will be our first adult only trip in 22 years. We attended the food & wine festival many years ago, so my memory of it is vague. We are really looking forward to this trip as it will be special with just the two of us.

A friend of mine goes every year and recommends it highly! I may even get down there this year to take part.

I'll be back for my second F&WF this October. I enjoyed it sooooo much last year!

HEY Katypop :wave: PixieMagic and I will be there the week of 10/11....it would be great to see you again!

hi jackie:wave: i'd love to meet up with you two again:chat: but we aren't going until 2005. i'm assuming you're going this year? hopefully you'll be able to give us lots of tips and maybe go back next year too;) i'm thinking of going on a cruise in feb 2005 (non disney:eek: please don't flame me!) so need to save up for that. of course i still do get 2 weeks vacation this year and it sure is tempting....:hyper:

katypop

My DW and I will be there the first week of November. It'll be our first vacation without children in years and years. We'll be celebrating my birthday while we're there and our 25th anniversary.

I'm so looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival. We've never been before. Great food, wine and beer in my favorite DW park - does it get *ANY* better than this???

going on my first food and wine festival oct 1 - 9 and going solo.
getting sooooooooooo excited for this event. heard wonderful things about it.

do you think i will pack on 5 pounds in the samplings ??
raven

Originally posted by ilovefh
I'll be there Nov. 10-14. It was originally a solo trip...but now has become 4 of us! We just got our waitlist at BCV! And it's my first trip home!

BCV or BWV are the perfect DVC resorts to stay at to take advantage of the F&WF. BCV is my "home" resort, so I jumped on my ressie 11 months out. :)

Originally posted by macraven
going on my first food and wine festival oct 1 - 9 and going solo.
getting sooooooooooo excited for this event. heard wonderful things about it.

do you think i will pack on 5 pounds in the samplings ??
raven

Raven,
You could easily pack on 5 pounds (I once gained 6 pounds during a 3-day weekend at Disney--but it all came off within a week or 2 once I returned home and started eating normally again :p ).

Are you staying onsite or off? DH and I generally stay offsite but I think I would want to stay onsite if I was solo.

You will have a wonderful time!

I'll be there for the wind-down weekend, Nov 10 - 15.

Haven't been there since I was a kid, looking forward to experiencing wine!

hey florida girrl 2

staying on site.
i get lost all the time when i go to the mall........afraid i'd not find my way back to the hotel if i had to drive back and forth from an off site hotel.
and...........i never drive and drink
raven
sooooooooooooo excited for october to come around

Who's attending?? WE ARE WE ARE!!!!

This is probably our 4th (or is it 5th) time at the F&W. Last year was the most exciting. We attended one of the Signature dinners at Jiko which highlighted the foods and wines of South Africa. At the dinner, the Pres. of South African airlines gave away 3 trips to South Africa, we were one of the lucky couples and are in fact going to South Africa for 10 days on September 17th! How cool is that!!! (The prize was for 6 days, but we're not gonna travel that far for only 6 days, even 10 is cutting it close). We're spending 6 days in Cape Town and 3 nights at Kruger National Park (lions and other beasties!). We are so psyched. But this is also our first year as vacation club owners, so, as they say, we're making our first trip "home" on October 21st for 5 nights! What a year! It looks like the Commodores will be the musical entertainment that weekend. Last year we saw the Spinners, they were great too!!! Then we attended the Party of the Senses which is incredibly good, good food, good wine, lots of fun!!:bounce:

wow!!!!!
you won a trip to south africa, have a fantastic time.........
tell us about your trip when you return.

congratulations!!!!
raven::yes::

Ooh, I was at that dinner when you won. have a great time..going to Africa has always been a dream of hubby and mine, but, we unfortunately didn't win..so we have to save for the vacation..lol.

Either way..we will be at food and wine fest again..hopefully a couple of long weekend trips up.

DD and I are attending for the first time this year(10/14-10/18) Hoping for warm weather since it will probably be cold here. We are excited as we are also attending MNSSHP for the first time. We just decided Friday to go to WDW and allready booked at SSR and ordered MNSSHP tickets. Decided on our flights and have our itinerary finished. I'm a little:earseek: about flying. I have only flown twice and didn't enjoy it at all. My last flight(12/00) there was so much turbulence that my orange juice flew out of my cup into the lap of the man sitting beside me, I felt so bad that I tried to wipe it up for him. He kept pushing my hand away and telling me it was allright and I relized what I was doing I was so:blush: and my DH just pretended he didn't know me. There will be no orange on this flight for me(LOL). Susan

Wow, Parrotheadlois, please do tell us about your South Africa trip! That is SO exciting.

Last year was my first Food & Wine Festival--I decided I wanted to go to Party For The Senses this year, until I read last year's menu--virtually nothing vegetraian except the desserts. I was surprised, since Disney usually does well by vegetarians. Oh well, guess I'll just have to stroll from country to country, eating and drinking, like I did last year!;)

I will be there for the beginning of the F&WF. Going solo for 2 weeks starting September 25th. I am realy looking forward ro exploring the food booths and getting into some of the other activities. Any suggestions as to which activities would be good for a SOLO???:earseek: Also, when do reservations start for these activities?

Is it 9/25 yet????? Cindy:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We are lucky to be attending the F&W festival on our very first trip to WDW. I am thinking that we need two days at epcot, so we can try all the different foods!

yay!!!!

Nancy :wave2:

I'll be there Nov. 1-5, staying at OKW. At the moment, it's a solo trip and will probably stay that way. So, clhcpaca, if anyone sends you ideas about what activities are best for solo travelers, please let me know! :D This is my first time at F&W AND my first solo trip. This way, I can savor everything and not have to worry about someone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter