Who's attending Food & Wine Festival this year??

Originally posted by sk8belle
I'll be there Nov. 1-5, staying at OKW. At the moment, it's a solo trip and will probably stay that way. So, clhcpaca, if anyone sends you ideas about what activities are best for solo travelers, please let me know! :D This is my first time at F&W AND my first solo trip. This way, I can savor everything and not have to worry about someone else!

My first solo trip happened to coincide with the first Food and Wine Festival! It was so new, the exact week, in fact.....to everyone!

I found myself mysteriously ending up in World Showcase a few days during my trip, just to "graze" the food booths!

Last year was my first time booking the special events, like the food and wine pairings, Lunch and Learn, Party for the Senses, and the International Beer Dinner.

Now I'm hooked, so I booked a lot of events this year, so I won't be noshing around World Showcase as much. :)

Originally posted by floridagirrl2
Wow, Parrotheadlois, please do tell us about your South Africa trip! That is SO exciting.

We just got back from South Africa (well it seems that way). We left on Sept. 17 (night flight) and arrived in Cape Town 7 pm on the 18th. Spent 7 nights in Cape Town (a WONDERFUL) place, very "cosmopolitan." Then we flew to Mmumpulunga (sp?) and stayed 3 nights at Bongani Mountain Lodge where we did game drives and ate (and ate and ate!).

It was, by far, the best vacation we've ever taken (up till now I would never have said that about any place but WDW).

Amazing!!

I guess now that we're back, I'll have to get rid of that part of my "signature" ):

Five DAYS!!!

I have done TONS of research. I hope the lines cooperate :) Hoping to shoot over there a couple days for either a late breakfast, or late lunch, and avoid some of the lines while still getting to try everything on my list. I even have my budget. $68.00 to try everything I hope to !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter