• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

goofy601

Mouseketeer
Hello All!
Just thought I would be a trouble maker and start looking for all the great people that will be sailing with us this upcoming April! It will be my DH, myself, our DD-12, DS-8, DS-4, and DD-3! We're hoping that the youngest potty-trains in time - but either way we're going to have LOTS of fun. We're bringing along my dear friend and her two DD's ages 15 and 11! We want to get some great feed back from others that have sailed DCL and others like us - FIRST TIME CRUISERS!! Hope to hear from some April cruisers soon! :)

We, too, are cruising April 18-22, 2004. Our fisrt cruise. We have a ds 13 and a dd 8 (at cruise time).

Sounds like you will have a blast with the group you are bringing. :bounce:

This is the best place for information -- I am sure you have already found that out!! When my dh and I found this web-site (at the time we booked our cruise) we sat up late at night, drinking coffee and reading EVERY post. We have slowed down a great deal (...life interfered).

Thanks for starting this thread. Can't wait.......twk:D

WOOHOO! Finally!

I tried starting this thread a few times with no responses. I was beginning to think I was going to be the only DISer onboard!

We will be there. Myself, DH and 3 kids. ds 7, dd 5, and ds 4. Sounds like we all have kids in the same age groups! MY kids are really excited, and I am excited to bring them. DH and I did the 4 night Wonder 3 years ago, and kicked ourselves as soon as we boarded for leaving the kids with my sister.

We have stateroom 8040....any of you going to be nearby?

Can't wait to get to know you and then meet you in April! BTW, my name is Marie and Dh's name is Sean. Patrick, Sara-Ann and Danny are the kids. (did I mention we were Irish> LOL)

We were starting to think we were going to be the only people on the ship...LOL! Our names are Eddie and Lisa and the monsters are DD (12) - Casey, DS (8) - Cristopher, DS (4) - Connor and DD (3), Cara! We'll be on the 6th deck -- I have to find my papers - but I think rooms 6015 and 6017. I'm just so excited to be going on the trip. I've never been to Florida - so this is an adventure within an adventure!! We'll have to plan on meeting - I've read other people's things and they decided to wear a certain color or a pin that one designed -- we've got too much time to figure something like that out! Well, I have to get going - it's my DD's 12th birthday and her friends are arriving! :)

So excited to finally hear from some cruise-mates!! From early June until early August I would check daily to see if anyone was cruising with us. (August was way too busy to even sit!!!) I was glad to check in the other day and find spunky messages for OUR cruise!!

This is our first cruise. 4th time to FL as a family. We are in 5036 (I think--I'll double check later). My name is Lee, dh Dan, ds Alex and dd Liz.

Goofy601-- great idea on wearing something that will stand out. Keep us posted. I'll try to be creative and come up with something.

Disney1fan2002--are you flying? My husband hates to fly (it is a control thing not a fear thing), so we usually drive (yes, from ME!!). I am hopes we can fly this year. It gets old real fast!!

Need to go get my ds from soccer practice. will check in soon...twk:D

Hello!
Glad to hear we're not the only ones driving in for this trip! We'll all be sitting by the pool - talking about the horror stories of driving in with kids --

My MIL just called - she's decided to come along - hopefully she enjoys herself and doesn't think she has to be on duty of baby sitting the whole trip! Want her to enjoy herself!! Even though I'm jealous - she's going to the outback in September! Lucky!! :)

Our kids keeping checking our countdown - that I did on the other page and can not figure out how to get on this page -- but - being the smarty that he is - my DH has decided to keep track using your countdowns! :)

Well, gotta run - it's been a long day - and we're doing a little day trip (me and the two youngest) to a local farm tomorrow -- and I've got things to get ready and need sleep!

I'll have to give some serious thought as to what to wear to stand out -- I'd definately like to meet other great families that are posting here! :)

Lisa :)

Hi There,

I'm TWK's other (not better) half. And I very much resemble the remark about driving not flying... So Goofy601 we'll have to have a picture of drinks waiting for us when we finally finish our drive and get there.

As for flying, I actually love the part where you take off, stay up for a while and then land. It's just all the other stuff that happens before that I can't stand. You know the stupid stuff where the Airlines tell you to get to Orlando from the North East you need to first go to Chicago first???

Anyway, I digress.

Goofy601, The way to get the neat-o cool-o stuff on the board is to follow the DIS teckie support folk’s advice. If you're interested go to the home page of the DIS board and close to the bottom you'll find the link to "Technical Support". Take that and then select any number of good links. The best one to start with is "Important:Tech Board FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - check here for a quick answer". See the many suggestions on "Countdowns". Try adding what you want to your profile and then posting it to the recommended Technical string first. If you have problems (as most of us do) the technical folks will check in on you and give you a hand. After a while you can get rather creative. It's a heck of a way to kill some seriously time!!!

We had the kids pick out their smiley faces and TWK picked the Emerson Quote. I of course picked the more meaningful quote. But I guess everyone has their own opinions about that... ;)

All of us (dw, ds, & dd) are really looking forward to this trip!!!

Good luck,

TWK and the two Goofies! OMG! We are driving also! Who is coming in on Saturday? we are leaving Mass around 1PM Friday, and are checking into the Radisson on Saturday, so we limit the chances of any travel delays keeping us from boarding the ship early! Plus, I want to be well rested.

How weird is this that all 3 families are driving? And TWK and Goofy Driver, we are driving from NE!

We have the car all set up with the TV/DVD player and video game hook-up. we are pretty lucky in that our kids for the most part are great travellers. they SLEEP.

I am so excited to get this thread moving! We all should become pretty "tight" by the time April get's here! LOL.... Any of you guys Scrabble players? that was one of my favorite things on the DC 3 years ago, was the Scrabble tournament.

Welcome to our cruise Lady!! WOW! Another New Englander AND driver! Holy moly, we may as well caravan down! How fun would THAT be? LOL

I notice your vacation is going to start a few hours earlier than ours, what time do you plan on hitting the road? I am thinking if we leave by 1PM Friday, we should be arriving around 10-11AM Saturday and checking into the Raddison. Looking froward to watching tha Magic leave Saturday afternoon.

Can't wait to get to know you!

All four of us driving!! This is way too funny. We have no clue yet when we are leaving. I am a teacher, so I will be ready to head out on Wednesday (the 2nd week in March)!!! We usually spend the night in Fredericksburg, VA (which is half way for us). We, too, drive 95.

I Love scrabble!!! I even have a travel version!!!:bounce: We can start Saturday afternoon by the pool with our drinks at the Raddison!!

This is getting exciting........twk

Hello All!

This is getting way too exciting! I guess we'll have to try and book a room at the Radisson! This should be interesting with my MIL, my friend and her girls and all of us! Think we could fit in a single room?!? LOL! We do not get much time to play board games - but would definately like too! Sign us up for a game or two! I have to get on board and sign up for a sitter one evening and Palo's the same evening -- a night for hubby and I would be super fantastic! Especially since we're bringing all these other great people along with us!! Gotta run - I have to get to church and then off to a PTA meeting - things just never slow down! Today is our anniversary - and we barely have a minute together - oh well - there's this weekend to actually celebrate!! Is it April yet?!?

goofy601-- How is Ohio coping with Isabel? Just saw the weather report and ohio is in the path--mostly heavy rain. Hope this doesn't stop you and DH from a good night out this weekend.

Isabel has been creating the most beautiful sunrises the past few days. The sky is lavender, pink and an aqua color. The White Mountains are a coral color.

Wish you well (and everyone else effected by Isabel) and have wonderful time with DH.

Hey all!
Just rain...rain...rain...here in Ohio! A little wind - not nearly as windy as I was expecting! I do have all the patio furniture and all the kids toys pulled up close to the house in case of high winds...but all in all we were able to sleep and get some rest. DH does outdoor work and kinda expects a day at the shop today - which is kinda nice. We should have moved out of the path of Izzy by tomorrow and we're going out tomorrow evening. It should be nice!

My MIL called yesterday - she is soooo excited to be coming along on this trip. She has been on cruises before and kinda gave me some little pointers that I didn't know before. Did you know that we're really only allowed 2 bags per person? Not me - but then again it could have been in a brochure that I didn't completely read and just skimmed over.

I need to get DS ready for school and believe it or not - it's my day to run around town and get my chores done...ugh - might as well just pull the hair back in a pony tail holder and call it a day -- rather than do the FRIZZ look! :)

Hope everyone is SAFE and SOUND in your respective states!

I am getting so excited! Looks like the party can begin at the Radisson on Saturday!!!

Who has main seating for dinner? We are booked for the main seating which is 6PM.

Lee, I notice your WISH clipart. Congrats on losing all that weight since June! SUPER! I just rejoined WW's and today was my first day at Curves. I love Curves! I am sitting here eating a salad w/tuna on it. I want to be down at least 50 pounds by April.

I think it is so funny that everyone in this thread is driving so far! My DH and I are going to try to drive straight down with only stops for bathroom and food. If I plan it right, it can be done.

My 3 yo is so excited, he keeps wanting me to show him the "boat". I can't wait for him to see it in real life! The kids are all going to have a blast!

Thanks for the update on the luggage! We're going to try and go light on luggage anyhow - since we're up to 11 people in our 15 passenger van -- and since the van is a rental - you can not put a luggage bag on top of the vehicle. It could get kinda cozy in there is we go with a lot of luggage. Maybe we'll get lucky and a couple of people will get forgotten at rest stops! :) Just kidding! We just can't wait to go on this cruise!! :)

Our plan is to leave Friday evening around 8 - bedtime for the youngest two and hopefully with the sounds of the road ALL of the kids will be fast asleep in no time at all. My MIL falls asleep at the drop of a pin and we are suppose to rotate drivers with DH and my friend and myself. We also hope to be able to drive through (since they'll be sleeping - no potty breaks) and get to Florida and spend a great day on Saturday at the beach! Be well rested and board the ship on Sunday! Let's see if the plan works.

I've been pulling my hair out potty training DS (3 1/2 years) - he knows what to do - just picks and choses when he wants to do it. And does not want to sit on the pot - so that of course leaves out BM! UGH! Just keep reminding me that eventually most everyone potty trains and he won't be in pull-ups at 15! My youngest (DD) has IBS and doesn't have bowel movements on her own and is on medication. We don't expect her to be potty trained by April (she'll only have turned 3 by 5 days anyways) and we just plan on doing stuff with her. With all the adults we're taking - I'm sure DH and I will end up with a moment or two of quiet time...that is if we want it! I want to enjoy every minute of just about everything.

We did check on excursions and found them to be rather expensive - and some of the other boards - people were saying that some of them were not worth the $$. Oh well, has anyone else gotten off at Nassau and just visited a beach?!? Is that something that can be done?!? I wouldn't mind a couple of hours on the beach just relaxing -- either way - the beach or the deck of the boat around the pool - I'm good!

Well, I've taken enough space! Talk to everyone soon. Still working on how to identify us as DIS Discussion board "groupies"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter