wilderness lodge in 10 days!!!!!

rh3772

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!,
We were fortunate enough to get a really great rate at WL for Jan 17-22! We have a courtyard view and we would really like to be able to see the water parade at night and a view of the lake. Any suggestions on room numbers? This will be my kids first trip to the world!

:Pinkbounc

We had that room in sept. You could see the pool and lake. It pointed more towards the Villas side. To get to see the lake and pool and the parade too you would need a room in the center or on the ends. I think the ones on the ends were the suites and the ones in the center has alot of traffic going by. All room around the courtyard/pool can see the lake. You might have a better chance with the railings on 5th floor down. There is one floor that has different type of railings that might make it hard for little ones to see over.

Another option is to ask for a room on 5th floor over looking the otter pond. It is a 'woodland view' but you can see the Castle thru the trees.

Check out the Q and A thread for WL for more ideas. There is a CM who works at WL that answers alot of the questions.

Wherever you find yourself at WL it is a great resort. My DH and I walked thru the villas to see what their area is like. Found a great area that looked like a den in a cabin in the woods. There are rocking chairs outside to sit a spell as well as model trains inside. Walk around and find all the quiet areas in the resort to put your feet up. Have the spouse watch the kids some evening and take a book and find a fireplace and read for a while. Some really neat spaces to explore.

Have fun.

We had room 5071 and we thought it was perfect! It's in the center of the lodge, 5th floor and overlooks the lobby with a perfect center view of the pool, courtyard and lake. We could sit on the balcony and watch the parade go by. There is also a larger public balcony just steps away from the room, with the elevator very near by. The view of the lobby was spectacular. We never noticed a lot of foot traffic in that area, even at Christmas time. You can occasionally hear noises from the WCC or from the lobby if it gets excessively loud. The sounds never bothered us at all, but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing you might want to take that into consideration. If I went back, I'd ask for this room again!

The only problem with asking for a woodland view is that you paid for a courtyard view. Courtyard costs quite a bit more and you'd be giving it up if you requested a woodland view.

We will see you there. We are checking-in on the 21st.

Just my and my DW for this trip.:D

Hi rh,
Just noticed you are from Morgantown, I live in Charleston. How crazy it that. DH and I are taking our 3 girls down on Feb 8=16. This is our first trip with the girls and staying on property. We too, were able to get a really good discount code for the WL this trip. I can't give you room numbers about what to ask for, there are some really expierienced disney fans who I'm sure will let you in on their favorites. I just wanted to say HI to a fellow West Virginian!!

29 days and counting, until we arrive at the Lodge!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter