Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

Sorry don't know how to post pictures but wanted to tell everyone who did THANK YOU!! Love looking at pictures of my favorite resort!!!:cheer2:

This is a great thread! We loved WL when we stayed there last year. We're hoping to stay there again Dec 09!

Here are my pictures;

100_0700.jpg

One of the boats from the WL dock

100_0726.jpg

Spring in the lobby

100_0727.jpg

100_0728.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0736.jpg

100_0737.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0741.jpg

Sunrise over Bay Lake from WL dock!

Fun fact about the Bear Face Rooms and DizneyNuts and Goinagain photo's from Christmas shows the new twist.

The Cast Members arranged the garland (that is only used at Christmas) on the outside balcony on the 4th floor to give the Bear Face teeth.

Hope you can all see them...

IMG_2308.jpg

SilverSpringFallsatdusk2PS-1.jpg

For those that are new to the Lodge I'm posting this information from my post over on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread.

Another piece of trivia from the Vets of Wilderness Lodge.

The Courtyard View rooms that are just off the Lobby are called the "Bear Face Rooms" because of a pattern (WARNING: Imagination is required to see The Bear) that forms the face of a bear, when approching or viewing the Lodge from Bay Lake.

In the photo below look toward the center of the roof just under the Flags. The two small triangular shape windows at the top of the building begins our short flight of fantasy. Now I think these two small windows are the eyes with the large gable forming the nose with the large balcony under the gable forming the mouth. Others see the the top two triangular windows as the ears with the two rectangular windows located to each side of the gable to be the eyes. Either way once you see the face you will be able to see the Bear each time you see the photo or the real deal.

rsvwlphoto4zom.jpg

Mickeysmyboy
I love your photo's and would love to use a few of them over on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread, I would give you credit. I do understand if you rather I didn't use them you can either post here or PM me with your answer.

Either way thanks for posting the beautiful photos.

Beckie

Man, DisneyNutz, those Christmas photos are INCREDIBLE !!! As you can see by name (DisneyNDecember), I absolutely LOVE :love: Christmas time at DisneyWorld & I you are definitely a junkie feeding my addiction, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

But since you love Christmas at WDW here is one I thought you may enjoy:thumbsup2
IMG_3098.jpg

Way to go everyone !! Love the photos & fun facts!!
DizneyNutz !!! I love that shot of mainstreet, I take that photo every year we go & it NEVER gets old !!!! They do a great job decorating POP Century for Christmas, I can't wait to see Wilderness Lodge in person & the look on my son's face will be priceless !!!

Way to go fellow Dis'ers!!! You guys are definitely fueling the fire of my addiction !!! THANK YOU !!!:santa: :santa: :santa:

That lobby & tree is amazing !! I love the horse/sleigh photo as well, now that gets ya in the Christmas spirit !!!!!:santa: :santa: :santa:

Great job fellow Dis'er's in feeding my addiction, you are keeping my cold sweats at bay!!!
1. Mickeysmyboy-- love the photos, great boat photo!!
2. DizneyNutz-- love the front door entry with the lights glittering!!
3. Midge3426- great photos !!
4. StrwLady-- I love the meet/greet Santa shot !!! Especially how the lights are twinkling on the sign, great shot !!!

Keep them coming guys, my addiction is REALLY bad now !!!!!

OK OK Now I am really interested in WL! Our next WDW is next year(June 2009). I was thinking about value because my DS wanted to spend one day at Universal so I thought OK then maybe we should stay value(ASMusic). We do stay about 8 days on a WDW trip. But I am not too excited about Universal so maybe to make up for it we will stay at WL so I know after a long day at Universal I can have the evening to relax at WL. Is that a good excuse to go deluxe?:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

DizneyNutz

Your pictures are fantastic!! On the night and inside shots what settings are you using? I'm still struggling to find that right setting with my newer camera (the ones I posted were with an older one).

Take Care
Jamie

DizneyNutz

Your pictures are fantastic!! On the night and inside shots what settings are you using? I'm still struggling to find that right setting with my newer camera (the ones I posted were with an older one).

Take Care
Jamie

Thanks for the compliment!!!
Here is a site where you can download free exif viewer. Go to the site and click on download exif viewer 3.0. Then you can view any of my photos on there and see the settings yourself. Or PM us and I will clue you in to better information.:thumbsup2

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Exif-Reader-Download-11954.html

Especially the hallway photo, reminds me of the Haunted Mansion ride !!
Your photos are so clear & crisp, it is almost like you are actually there. :santa: :santa: :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter