Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

Your welcome everyone, I love sharing the WL joy! I also have a video of the pool if anyone is interested - its here to answer someones question about transportation -- check out what people have to say at the Wilderness Lodge FAQ thread, because I was only there in September -- really low crowds, so for me, transportation was a non-issue, (except for a few select times) but i'm not sure if thats the case year-round

Hi. I'm going the exact same dates as you are. It was a toss up between that and saving $1,100 to stay at the Coronado. I hope it is worth it. None of us have been to disney world. We have two girls 4 and 7. I hope the crowd is light after people leave on sunday.

Debbie

Thank you everyone for all your great pictures! We just joined DVC with the VWL being our "home". We are taking our first trip "home" in November and these pictures make us even more excited!
DizneyNutz- Thanks for all the great VWL photos!
If anyone has inside room photos of the studios and one bedrooms. I would love to see them! Thanks again

Welcome Home mcrabeck. I don't want to hijack this awesome thread but come over to DVC mousellaneous for our Groupies thread. We are new VWL owners with our 1st trip in Jan. Can't squeeze in a christmas one this year.

Hi All!

Thanks so much for posting all of your pictures! DF and I are planning our honeymoon and it will be the first time I'll be staying at a deluxe resort and I wasn't sure if it was worth the $$ or if WL was the deluxe to pick but you guys have me convinced! WL Courtyard View it is :banana:

Now I just need to convince myself I can't sneak in a trip before June 09 :rotfl:

:rotfl: What is the Flag Family???? Hope i 'm not too dumb

That's been our Dream to stay here also, but that'll never happen!!!!!!!! Oh by the way, how much is it to stay per nite in June?

:rotfl: What is the Flag Family???? Hope i 'm not too dumb

Not dumb at all. You get to go up with a Disney CM in the morning (around 9:00ish I believe) to the very top of the Wilderness Lodge and assist with the raising of the flags. Then they allow you the opportunity to snap of few Special photos from up there. I have seen a couple of them on here in the past. Nice View from up there!:cool1:

SilverSpringFallsatdusk2PS-1.jpg
I think this is my favorite picture of the Lodge ever! Love, love, love it!!

I can't believe I forgot this one..it's my favorite from our last trip. We took the boat to MK for an 8:15 CP reservation and got to see the sunrise while we waited

dis114.jpg

I just want to tell you I never had an interest in this resort at all until I saw the photos on this thread and now we are booked there for 5 nights, and if a sweet AP rate comes out it will be 7! :rotfl: Thanks! DS is so excited because it looks like the "hunting cabin" he goes to with my dad.

Room 1017 ~ at first I was bummed to be on the ground floor (which they switched us from a smoking room to this one) but then we realized how convenient it was to the boat dock and laundry and Roaring Forks and the pool ~ right out our patio! I would actually request this room in the future!
Disneytrip20073.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing those amazing photo's! Since you make reference to being conveniently located to the boat dock - were you able to use the patio door to enter and exit (and most importantly lock) your room or did you need to use the inside corridors? I've always wondered about this. It seems so convenient if that is the case.

Here are some of mine from our Anniversary trip in 2006. Seems so long ago....:sad2:

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

wl1.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

Enjoying early morning on the beach!

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

WOW DizneyNutz - those are some of the best pictures I've seen of WL lobby - beautiful, thank you!

You guys have been GREAT !!!! Those photos are awesome! I have not checked our thread in a while, busy studying. :surfweb:

You guys are sooooooooo fueling my addiction & I truly appreciate it !!!
I can't wait until 11/30/08 !!!!!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

You are going to have a wonderful time! We took our kids that week for the first time to WDW when they were 9 and 5 to the Wilderness Lodge. The crowds were low and the Lodge was incredible, like a big lincoln log lodge. For years they would try to "rebuild" it! They are 17 and 13 now, and it is still our favorite resort and we own at VWL and are planning to be there between Christmas and over New Years! I hope that you have a wonderful trip! We have never forgotten our first visit with our sons to the lodge!:santa:

We have previously stayed at WL and are looking forward to our next trip, 2 months 2 weeks..

Here are some pics from our previous stay.

Dec05-Disney228-1.jpg

Dec05-Disney312.jpg

That's our room, the one with the light on.

Dec05-Disney224.jpg

Dec05-Disney238.jpg

I love this resort, even tho i have never stayed there.
We had planned to stay here in Sept, but i wanted to bring my sister. Which means 3 adults and 3 kids. So that leaves WL out the question. So i went from PORS, but the trundle looks horribly uncomfortable, then to POP with 2 rooms, (still thinking of WL) then to ASMu for the Family Suite (i really don't want to stay there!!) then to Fort Wilderness. OK so i was JUST about to book FW and my sister calls. She can't go. Now...for the first few min i felt :sad1: Then after i got off the phone i felt :woohoo: OK Ok i did feel a LITTLE guilty but HEY! We are headng to WL!!! Whoooo :yay: :banana:
Thanks to everyone for the pictures. My husband put one has his background on his laptop! We can always use more...
I too am addicted!
"
Hi, My name is Marion, and I am a Wilderness Lodge Addict":rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter